Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

I've got the black screen problem after updating to latest Clover and changing config.plist parameter in video > inject ATI <true>.

My computer has 4 internal drives - 3 running OS X and 1 running Win 10. The config.plist is set to boot from the Main drive 'a' and the only way I've found so far to mount the other OS X volumes is to turn off the Main drive in BIOS.

The Win 10 drive boots ok, but I haven't found a way to mount EFI partition from WIndows. I have also tried making and booting from Linux Live USB - running Slax but it wasn't able to mount HFS drives :(

Any suggestions welcome. Can I make a Clover boot usb with just Clover to access the drives?

Thanks

hi guys,

can someone plz check my config.plist? i've added a bunch of stuff (mainly dsdt patches) to my config.plist and now, clover-configurator is not able to read it anymore. plistedit pro tells me the following error:

JSON-Parsing-Fehler: Illegal start of token [<] at index 0).

I dont find a not closed < or a double <<

config.plist.zip

[solved] I made a Clover boot usb and set that as first Boot Option in BIOS.

This enabled me to boot into my backup OS X drive and have the unusable main drive turned on in BIOS.

Then in OS X on the backup drive, I used Clover Configurator to mount EFI partition of the main drive and fix the config.plist.

I also removed CsmVideoDxe-64.efi from Drivers64UEFI which may have produced persistent booting to black screen issues on my Hackintosh (see my Sig for specs).

Is there a way to edit the config.plist from Clover's boot manager options? Or is keeping a Clover boot usb handy the best option for tweaking and troubleshooting config.plist?

Hello there,

First of all, your hardware should be compatible with MacOS Sierra. In addition, search on Google if your system definition, aka Mac model in smbios, is one of the supported ones.

You should have a configuration file that will allow you to boot the MacOS, if you have one from El Capitan, it should work fine as well.

*Start by using fakesmc only because some of the older kexts may cause kernel panic.

Best of luck.

Thanks Needy, installed without any problems at all running Clover 3633 and all my Kexts in place. My AppleHDA patch I tweaked for El Capitan also works in Sierra as does the USB 3.0 fix I use.

• Like 1

[solved] I made a Clover boot usb and set that as first Boot Option in BIOS.

This enabled me to boot into my backup OS X drive and have the unusable main drive turned on in BIOS.

Then in OS X on the backup drive, I used Clover Configurator to mount EFI partition of the main drive and fix the config.plist.

I also removed CsmVideoDxe-64.efi from Drivers64UEFI which may have produced persistent booting to black screen issues on my Hackintosh (see my Sig for specs).

Is there a way to edit the config.plist from Clover's boot manager options? Or is keeping a Clover boot usb handy the best option for tweaking and troubleshooting config.plist?

You can go into the EFI Shell, and use the edit command to view and edit the config.plist.
  • Like 1

Hello,

A week ago I installed Mac OS and Clover for the first time. Now my old non-UEFI laptop dual boots El Capitan 10.11.5 or Windows 10 using Clover_v2.3k_r3625 on same same disk, everything works OK.

I want to use Acronis True Image 2016 to restore partition or disk image. When I use Acronis from Windows, it restarts the computer for recovering, but Clover starts first and doesn't show Acronis recovery boot option to proceed further. When I only used Windows, Acronis booted fine. From USB stick Acronis boots fine. Maybe someone knows how to make Acronis apear in Clover boot menu or even make Acronis start before Clover?

My Volumes:

Volumes:
EFI:
  Capacity:	209,7 MB (209 715 200 bytes)
  Available:	171,2 MB (171 223 552 bytes)
  Writable:	Yes
  File System:	MS-DOS FAT32
  BSD Name:	disk0s1
  Mount Point:	/Volumes/EFI
  Content:	EFI
  Volume UUID:	0E239BC6-F960-3107-89CF-1C97F78BB46B
MacOS:
  Capacity:	124,92 GB (124 924 796 928 bytes)
  Available:	86,32 GB (86 316 310 528 bytes)
  File System:	Journaled HFS+
  BSD Name:	disk0s2
  Mount Point:	/
  Content:	Apple_HFS
  Volume UUID:	037684E1-FB7F-3FC3-BCDB-53017674E1AF
Recovery HD:
  Capacity:	650 MB (650 002 432 bytes)
  BSD Name:	disk0s3
  Content:	Apple_Boot
  Volume UUID:	123C90BD-7A84-3003-B900-BADEE415767B
Windows10:
  Capacity:	124,27 GB (124 274 081 792 bytes)
  Available:	59,57 GB (59 569 635 328 bytes)
  File System:	Tuxera NTFS
  BSD Name:	disk0s4
  Mount Point:	/Volumes/Windows10
  Content:	Microsoft Basic Data

In EFI folder (EFI>EFI>Acronis) Acronis has put two files: bootwiz.efi and bootwiz.xml

bootwiz.xml code is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Config>
	<LoadKernel>
		<GPT Guid="463DF5D1-FB22-45AA-B013-9D63783C48BD" />
		<Kernel Arguments="product=bootagent quiet" Path="/acroldr/kernel64.dat" />
		<Ramdisk Path="/acroldr/ramdisk64.dat" />
		<Ramdisk Path="/acroldr/ramdisk64_cfg.dat" />
		<Hash Path="/acroldr/agent_ramdisk64.sgn" />
	</LoadKernel>
	<Jobs>
		<RemoveFakeBootNext />
	</Jobs>
</Config>

would be great to have a password access before Clover GUI.

on a secure place : password is off => direct access to Clover GUI and boot

on a unsecure place : password can be active and if the password is not given then GUI is a blue screen with a alert such this computer can not be used without the password.

• Like 1

About password..., i use user'spassword on my OS (win, MacOS X)

thanks guys ;)

i thought about BIOS password but

my computer belongs to my company, i only change HD,

i don't want to have password invite on my work HD, just on my Clover dual boot

forget about it if this feature is not needed

Asus Laptop G750JX UEFI Bios.  Up to Clover v3636 no issues but Clover v3640 and v3642 instant reboot during bootloader stage kernel never loads as seen in Verbose mode.  Happens with Aptio v1 or v2.  I do load other drivers such as HFSplus UEFI but I wonder if the installer for versions 3640 and 3642 is just loading the non UEFI Hfsplus could it be that? Choosing HFSPlus in the other installers poses no issue.   I also load other drivers such as CsmvideoDxe, DataHubDxe, EmuVariableUEFI, PartitionDxe, OsxFatBinaryDrv UEFI and NTFS UEFI.  Never had any issues running those combinations before.  I will try again tomorrow with only Aptio v2 and HFSplus UEFI to see if there is some issue with the other drivers.

Only tested in El Capitan 10.11.6 and Yosemite 10.10.5

Asus Laptop G750JX UEFI Bios.  Up to Clover v3636 no issues but Clover v3640 and v3642 instant reboot during bootloader stage kernel never loads as seen in Verbose mode.  Happens with Aptio v1 or v2.  I do load other drivers such as HFSplus UEFI but I wonder if the installer for versions 3640 and 3642 is just loading the non UEFI Hfsplus could it be that? Choosing HFSPlus in the other installers poses no issue.   I also load other drivers such as CsmvideoDxe, DataHubDxe, EmuVariableUEFI, PartitionDxe, OsxFatBinaryDrv UEFI and NTFS UEFI.  Never had any issues running those combinations before.  I will try again tomorrow with only Aptio v2 and HFSplus UEFI to see if there is some issue with the other drivers.

Only tested in El Capitan 10.11.6 and Yosemite 10.10.5

Same report             #976            

• Like 1

Clover v2.3k r3642 update has caused my OSX 10.10.5 and 10.11.5 partitions to become inaccessible... It fails to even initiate verbose mode. I will roll back to Clover on my 10.9.5 partition to v2.3k_r3543  or higher updated version that is stable

• Like 1

Clover v2.3k r3642 update has caused my OSX 10.10.5 and 10.11.5 partitions to become inaccessible... It fails to even initiate verbose mode. I will roll back to Clover on my 10.9.5 partition to v2.3k_r3543  or higher updated version that is stable

try 3636

Edited:

3646 now working!!

Does anyone here have issue with latest Clover on many HP Probook/Elitebook ? I have been getting many reports from the Vietnamese hackintosh community that it just blackscreen and won't proceed to the Clover build check step. Problem doesn't seem to be on v3599 though

With my new eight port hotswap bay occupied at startup, Clover is unable to boot. I am using legacy clover 3577, with boot0af in MBR and 64-bit SATA. I see the initial message from Clover in the top left corner (something like bf5 init), then the computer restarts.

If I remove the drives in the hotswap (4x Samsung EVOs in RAID0), then the computer starts up normally and I can even use hotswap once within the OS. It is only right before the Clover GUI loads that seems to be the problem.

This is on an ASUS X99 Deluxe and the BIOS has hot-swap enabled for the ports that run to the hotswap bay, as well as aggressive power link management (which is required for hotswap to work).

Any ideas on what to try, or what files would be helpful? Thanks Slice!