Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Evening folks, as it's a but quieter on here today I thought I would ask again regarding running Sierra PB.

Other than the latest Clover build and copying my kexts to a 10.12 folder are there any other obvious alterations required anywhere please?

Evening folks, as it's a but quieter on here today I thought I would ask again regarding running Sierra PB.

Other than the latest Clover build and copying my kexts to a 10.12 folder are there any other obvious alterations required anywhere please?

Hello there,

First of all, your hardware should be compatible with MacOS Sierra. In addition, search on Google if your system definition, aka Mac model in smbios, is one of the supported ones.

You should have a configuration file that will allow you to boot the MacOS, if you have one from El Capitan, it should work fine as well.

*Start by using fakesmc only because some of the older kexts may cause kernel panic.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

In Lib.c from OsxLowMemFix and OsxAptioFix, Reserved regions have their RUNTIME flag removed:

// Some UEFIs end up with "reserved" area with EFI_MEMORY_RUNTIME flag set
  // when Intel HD3000 or HD4000 is used. We will remove that flag here.

Why is this done? If I'm not mistaken, I saw some Intel code allocating the SMM communication buffers as Reserved/RT, so does somebody remember why this is needed?

Phew, the archive has it: http://web.archive.org/web/20141111124211/http://www.projectosx.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t2428-450.html

There we go @anyone who said POSX doesn't need to be restored...

Me no.

Seems like you were one of those to have the HD issues. :P

EDIT1: Does anyone know the exact issue? I thought everything but RT_code was mapped as R/W... both MMIO and reserved wouldn't be relocated as RT_data would, so idk what could be causing failure. :/

EDIT2: Maybe this?

(mptr->Type == EfiMemoryMappedIO)       ? VM_WIMG_IO   : VM_WIMG_USE_DEFAULT)
  • Like 4

OK, implemented in 3605.

But I want to warn you to apply your patches to most recent clover revision. It was hard for me to see what you changed.

Thank you, here it looks good, let's see if it works well.

post-448675-0-14637000-1468339221_thumb.jpg

The about screen is not centrally, it seems that we need some more adaptions.

post-448675-0-14211400-1468339278_thumb.jpg

OK, implemented in 3605.

But I want to warn you to apply your patches to most recent clover revision. It was hard for me to see what you changed.

Hi Slice, now i remember the forgotten part. We have to add this row to settings.c "row1TileSize = 64; //default value if not set", else it is positioned incorrectly if no value is set, thanks

post-448675-0-98756400-1468345233_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Slice, now i remember the forgotten part. We have to add this row to settings.c "row1TileSize = 64; //default value if not set", else it is positioned incorrectly if no value is set, thanks

attachicon.gifsettings.jpg

Thanks, accepted.

I can't commit yet with an error

svn: Can't open file '/svn/p/cloverefiboot/code/db/txn-current-lock': Permission denied

Where can I download r3624?

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/LuCy/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/LuCy/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf [X64, GCC49, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 13:57:35, Jul.15 2016
Build total time: 00:00:18

Cloverx64 release  ERROR!!

Ejecting RAM disk
"disk3" unmounted.
"disk3" ejected.

Where can I download r3624?

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/LuCy/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/LuCy/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf [X64, GCC49, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 13:57:35, Jul.15 2016
Build total time: 00:00:18

Cloverx64 release  ERROR!!

Ejecting RAM disk
"disk3" unmounted.
"disk3" ejected.

Here

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/