Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

I have a question about clover and the mac OS X firmware:

I'm using clover boot revision 3677 on a dell hackintosh latitude E7240 with Yosemite 10.10.5 and everything works nicely, thanks to many of you guys.

On my hackintosh the boot rom reported by system information is MBP111.0138.B03 even if the firmware.scap in ESP-EFI-APPLE-FIRMAWARE is MBP111_0138_B16_LOCKED.scap. 

How do I make the change so that the OS is using the updated one and the system information report accordingly ?

Oh snap, this hard research again...

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/SMBIOS#smbios_biosversion

• Like 1

Please help me. I been doing this for a week and I can't get El Capital 10.11 to pass the Apple logo.  I want to do a fresh installation and using my "used to" successfully guide that I posted on my current board.  Nothing changed in term of setting and bios,  On my previous guide it was Clover r3280.  Now, doing with the latest Clover, I can't get pass the Apple logo.  I left it hang their all night and still no movement.  Maybe I need to configure Config.plist differently from what I had before but I'm clueless.

My guide w/Clover r3280, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308659-guide-asus-p8b75m-csm-el-capitan-success/?p=2176951

My board: - no new hardware, no new HD.. Everything the same as was before

It hang on line 1088 for like a minute or so then later Apple logo show up and hang their, no movement.

148n9ro.jpg

ASUS P8B75-M/CSM, Modded bios v1701 to add SLIC2.1
Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3.30 GHz
EVGA GeForce GT 740 Superclocked 4GB (P/N: 04G-P4-3748-KR)

Sure, maybe new drivers are different

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean.  Are you saying that the latest Clover uses new driver and I might need to change to different DVI port but still use nv_disable=1?  Or, nv_disable=1 mo longer work, if so what is the correct boot arg so I can install El Capitan 10.11?  I know Apple already closed 10.11 and I need to use terminal to change date.  Thanks

or do this?

inject nvidia to false

nv_disable=1

I mean that higer version of El Capitan maybe have different drivers, if not the case and the differents stay only in Clover is another story, but I see you have installed 10.11.6 that was not existing at r3280 time.

Install back Clover r3280 (you should have a back up) and see if can boot as well 10.11.6, otherwise how to know?

• Like 1

Maybe I should try different DVI slot since it has 2 dvi (DVI-I and DVI-D)?

Use the DVI port closest to the motherboard/pci-e slot. That's the primary one. I had a weird bug years ago that I found out was due to me using the other DVI port. Maybe that'll help.

• Like 2

Oh, I install 10.11.6 and somehow I mess up.  So now I want to reinstall El Capitan freshly. using 10.11  So I did all the step from formatting to install El Capitan 10.11 on 16Gb flash drive.  Then install Clover and only select these

2zp8vew.jpg

Then

-- Edit Config.plist with plistedit pro
  --> Boot-->Arguement-->place inside string with nv_disable=1
  --> Graphics-->NVidia=True, ATI=False, Intel=False
  --> KernelAndKextPatches-->AsusAICPUPM=True
  --> Copy FakeSMC to USB/EFI/CLOVER/Kext/10.11

stuck at Apple logo as mentioned.  Unfortunately, I accidentally delete r3280 from my backup and I can't find in here, https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/

Thank you and I will let you all know tonight on DVI port.  If that's the case, I will color it so I can remember.

• Like 1

Dear all, 

I have problem to boot into clover on HP ML110G6 with latest BIOS. What I have found with google, that ML110 G6 can boot to OSx. 

I have tried different methods to create USB drive. Every time it is working on my another desktop PC, but not on this server. 

I have tried GPT/MBR partitions, boot from ISO. Change settings on BIOS, etc.  Always It end with errors like :

• boot1: /boot 5
  • init5
  • cdboot: done5

I have googled, and find answers like, disable USB3, but my server does not have USB3 ports. I have tried to boot with disable USB, but same error. 

Tried several clover versions from latest r3685 to r3330. 

My current config is:

• HP ML110 G6
  • 4 GB RAM
  • HW RAID HP P212 with 4x 72GB SAS (tried to boot without this card too)
  • onboard server video card

Does clover need another/better GPU to boot ? 

It is possible to debug clover boot and send you logs ? 

Thank You. 

More good news
Since updating the bios
Clover can read information from memory bats bars
Again like that and everything will be perfect (serial number)

0:100  0:000  Now is 12.8.2016,  9:34:1 (GMT)
0:100  0:000  Starting Clover revision: 3691 on American Megatrends EFI
0:100  0:000  Build with: [Args: ./ebuild.sh -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED | Command: build -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D USE_LOW_EBDA -p Clover/Clover.dsc -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE5 -n 5 | OS: 10.11.6 | XCODE: 7.3.1]
0:100  0:000  SelfDevicePath=PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x11,0x4)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,0A2A3BFE-C3AC-4090-A736-7453B3238CE2,0x28,0x64000) @C87D1218
0:100  0:000  SelfDirPath = \EFI\BOOT
0:102  0:002  === [ PrepatchSmbios ] =============================================
0:103  0:000  Total Memory Slots Count = 8
0:103  0:000  Type 17 Index = 0
0:103  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Speed = 2133MHz
0:103  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Size = 4096MB
0:103  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Bank/Device = NODE 1 DIMM_A1
0:103  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Vendor = G-Skill
0:103  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->SerialNumber = 00000000
0:103  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->PartNumber = F4-3000C15-4GRR    
  • Like 3

Hi,

Every time I booted from usb trying to install El Capital 10.11, it always go straight to Clover Boot Manager (the gray screen).  Before it wasn't like this, it goes straight to hard drive selection with icon.  Not sure what I did that's y it always show Boot Manager.  Even I did a new USB partition and install El Caption then install Clover boot loader to USB and it still show Boot Manager.

I even use Chirs1111 USB installer and still show Boot manager.  It must have to do with my bios setup but I haven't change anything.  Pulling my hair .... hope some1 can help me

thanks

Hi,

Every time I booted from usb trying to install El Capital 10.11, it always go straight to Clover Boot Manager (the gray screen). Before it wasn't like this, it goes straight to hard drive selection with icon. Not sure what I did that's y it always show Boot Manager. Even I did a new USB partition and install El Caption then install Clover boot loader to USB and it still show Boot Manager.

I even use Chirs1111 USB installer and still show Boot manager. It must have to do with my bios setup but I haven't change anything. Pulling my hair .... hope some1 can help me

thanks

You have to disable Secure Boot

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 2

i use skylake pantium g4500.

g4500 has hd 530. to install el capitan, i use FakeCPUID 0x0306A0. 

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#FakeCPUID

0x0306A0 is ivy. i have a issue about safari webkit and cant see all in appstore. i tested all case(fresh install, fakeid, platformid, etc). but hold 19120000.

i think if i use skylake fakecpu, i can fix this issue. it's guess. not sure

can i use skylake FakeCPUID?

See the discussion here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303755-how-to-intel-pentium-g3xxx-and-celeron-g1xxx-haswell-works-with-speedstep-yosemite-1010-and-mavericks-109/?p=2256603

Thanks. But i want to dont use NullCPU.kext.

In el capitan, i can booting without NullCPU.

In Sierra, cant boot(need NullCPU) if i use NullCPU, hold max frequency. But i can sleep.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Clover theme question:

is there a way to define the Menu selection/highlight/backlight  color? this theme uses dark background so I would to lighten up the "selection" bar to make it more obvious which item the cursor is on? 

post-954945-0-81090800-1471450121_thumb.png

Clover theme question:

is there a way to define the Menu selection/highlight/backlight  color? this theme uses dark background so I would to lighten up the "selection" bar to make it more obvious which item the cursor is on? 

attachicon.gifscreenshot0.png

Hello there,

Look for the colour under Selection.

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Design#creating-a-theme_selection

Best regards.

Hello, 

are there clover configs for Intel chipsets 3200 and 3240 ? I have two HP Proliant Servers ML110 G5 and ML110 G6 where I want install OSx. 

Here are my configs:

ML110G5

CPU: Intel Xeon 3040

Chipset: Intel 3200

RAM: 4GB

external SAS RAID SC40Ge (LSI 1064 chipset)

only USB2.0 ports

ML110G6

CPU: Intel Xeon 3430

Chipset: Intel 3240

RAM: 4GB

external SAS RAID HP P212 (LSI 1064 chipset)

only USB2.0 ports

Tried several graphics cards (Ati x700, Nvidia 6600GT, Ati HD4670). I'm running El Capitan with Ati HD4670 on my another desktop PC (Intel C2Q 8300, with MB Asrock 4Core 1600 Glan) with 3D acceleration without any problems. 

ML110G5 and hdd in external SC40ge controller (not created raid drive)

• can boot installer to graphics mode
  • can install El Capitan
  • after restart Clover does not see any drives, only USB installation disk
  • when I remove drive, and put it in internal SATA, boot start, but stuck on "waiting to root device"
  • tried several options and clover configs (default, slice, chris111,wert)

ML110G5 and hdd in external SC40ge controller (created 1EE raid drive)

• can boot installer to graphics mode
  • can't install, because installer does not see raid drive

ML110G5 and hdd in internal SATA controller

• can't boot to installer, boot start, but graphics does not load

ML110G6

• can't boot to installer, boot start, but graphics does not load

I desperately want to run El Capitan on one of these server, because they are powerful as my desktop or old MacBook (Late 2007) and I can expand it to 16GB RAM. My desktop MB is limited to 4GB.  

I will be glad to any help. 

Thank You experts.