Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. BTW I've managed to start the installation by removing my patched DSDT from Clover and that way both the installation and the installed system work. When I add the patched DSDT, the above scenario happens again. Funny, because I'm using that DSDT since Mountain Lion and there was never such problem (even with 10.10). I've patched my vanilla DSDT with two patches: the all-in-one patch for my board and the HD4000 patch, both by PJALM.

I don't know, if anyone checked, but it seems like Info.plist patching (kextstopatch) doesn't work at all...

I tried everything to patch AppleBacklight kext, but the info.plist patches doesn't work somehow...

Binary patching works perfectly....

Cheers :-)

had an strange issue with clover, it seems that the windowserver is not starting

no problem with chameleon

it's an sandy bridge laptop, with optimus enabled the windowserver is working

but it's also working with nullcpupm loaded aicpupm is enabled

can someone please help me?

maybe the question was not clear 

so why the laptop is starting with chameleon and not with clover? the same patched kexts

no kernel panic, after iobluetooth bla bla the screen goes blank

maybe someone give some hints?

Compare the SMBIOS data, it may come down to just a different Mac model being injected.

the mac model is the same

with nullcpupm.kext clover works

aicpupm checked, aicpupm patched

before the screen goes blank i can see something like this 0xfffff8017eb9800 (free) or similar, random hex digits

Trying to upgrade Clover from r2721 to r3021 in preparation for Yosemite upgrade.  The machine will not boot from r3021 even though the config.plist did not change.  When I attempt to boot Mavericks, the machine immediately restarts itself.  I tried booting without cache/kext injection and safe mode without success.  No error message is presented and verbose switch does not show anything.  Any reason why a newer version of Clover will not boot my 10.9.5 machine?

Thanks in advance.

Trying to upgrade Clover from r2721 to r3021 in preparation for Yosemite upgrade.  The machine will not boot from r3021 even though the config.plist did not change.  When I attempt to boot Mavericks, the machine immediately restarts itself.  I tried booting without cache/kext injection and safe mode without success.  No error message is presented and verbose switch does not show anything.  Any reason why a newer version of Clover will not boot my 10.9.5 machine?

Thanks in advance.

New version of Clover does boot my 10.9.5 machine so I can't say why it is not for you. Can you make debug.log?

Thanks in advance.

Check the Clover/Kext folder...

And check if your Kexts are in Other Folder or in 10.10 / 10.9 Folder...

If you use Other folder, delete 10.10 and 10.9 Folder, or use 10.10 and 10.9 folder

maybe the question was not clear 

so why the laptop is starting with chameleon and not with clover? the same patched kexts

no kernel panic, after iobluetooth bla bla the screen goes blank

maybe someone give some hints?

make sure you remove some kexts, which might cause problems:

• ApplePolicyControl.kext
  • AppleTyMCEDriver.kext
  • IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext

Hi Slice.  Debug log is attached.  When it tries to boot, I see the apple logo briefly like it's going boot but then it restarts.

Check the Clover/Kext folder...

And check if your Kexts are in Other Folder or in 10.10 / 10.9 Folder...

If you use Other folder, delete 10.10 and 10.9 Folder, or use 10.10 and 10.9 folder

Thanks but I'm not using the Other or the 10.10 folder.  Only kexts I have are in the 10.9 folder.

debug.log.zip

Hi Slice.  Debug log is attached.  When it tries to boot, I see the apple logo briefly like it's going boot but then it restarts.

The problem may be in choosing the Fix driver

3:391  0:041  Loading OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

Try others.

Additionally I'll recommend to use DataHubDxe and PartitionDxe.

This is bad

18:408  0:039  Kernel and Kext Patches:
18:631  0:043  	AICPUPM: n

because you have locked 0xE2

4:987  0:062  MSR 0xE2 before patch 1E008404
5:030  0:043  MSR 0xE2 is locked, PM patches will be turned on

Hi,

after the BIOS screen, the clover screen doesn't come up till after about 4-5 mins. Can somebody help me out? see debug.log

This only happens on a cold boot. If i reboot from OSX, boots up fairly fast.

attachicon.gifdebug.log.zip

debug logging will make it take a lot longer... Shouldn't be 5 mins though. Does it also happen with debug disabled?

Hi, 

after the BIOS screen, the clover screen doesn't come up till after about 4-5 mins. Can somebody help me out? see debug.log

This only happens on a cold boot. If i reboot from OSX, boots up fairly fast.

attachicon.gifdebug.log.zip

Looks like USB problem. Try to change something in BIOS. When reboot from OSX the USB is good initialized vs after BIOS.

Hi.

I had a working 10.10 system that failed to boot after 10.10.1 update. I reinstalled from scratch but suddenly Clover refuses to patch any kext on-the-fly. I used to install system, install clover, put my kexts in place, put my config.plist, and reboot from the installed clover to find kexts patched as specified in config file but not anymore. I tried recreating the installer USB and reinstalling from scratch several times but no avail.

Would anybody help me understand why is that hapening? if it's a problem with cache how to fix it? or is it another thing I'm not aware of?

Thanks.

EDIT:

I want to add that I tried different Clover builds with the same result. Patching the kexts binaries on disk works flawlessly so it's not system missed up and re-install is not a solution.

Hi.

I had a working 10.10 system that failed to boot after 10.10.1 update. I reinstalled from scratch but suddenly Clover refuses to patch any kext on-the-fly. I used to install system, install clover, put my kexts in place, put my config.plist, and reboot from the installed clover to find kexts patched as specified in config file but not anymore. I tried recreating the installer USB and reinstalling from scratch several times but no avail.

Would anybody help me understand why is that hapening? if it's a problem with cache how to fix it? or is it another thing I'm not aware of?

Thanks.

EDIT:

I want to add that I tried different Clover builds with the same result. Patching the kexts binaries on disk works flawlessly so it's not system missed up and re-install is not a solution.

I had this problem many times, I just run kext utility and then it's fine. I don't really know why it happens, except that it happens when I boot from a drive I don't normally boot from - my clone or my Yosemite test drive.

Booting without caches also might work. But it's definitely a cache problem.

@Slice is this a known problem, have you heard of this happening before? I don't know if it's a Clover problem or not.