Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Update -

Tinkering with the config.plist and boot arguments finally got me to the installer screen and allowed me to install 10.10.

Rebooted back into USB - loaded to installer USB and completed installation.

Rebooted back into USB - loaded to HDD and completed installation

Yosemite boots up

Reformatter EFI partition from NFS to Fat32

Installed Clover r3033

Copied FakeSMC, ethernet, and Null CPU Mgmt kext to EFI/Clover/Kexts

Replaced config.plist with file from USB

Installed tolled audio kext - ALC892 working

Current Issue:

1. Cannot boot directly to new UEFI Yosemite drive - in my BIOS I have a new UEFI drive named "MAC OS X" and then my HDD. Choosing either option immediately goes black and boots to my other HDD with Chimera Yosemite installed. No Clover boot loader comes up.

2. I have three monitors running on two GTX 56-Ti-448 GUIs. Both are detected in System report however the monitor connected to the second (lower) card is not showing and does not work. Other two work fine - in HD.

Still need to work on iMessage/Facetime, and Bluetooth - any pointers in the right direction would be helpful.

now that you have it booting, you should try disabling nvidia injection again. Enabling it on my card results in only 1 monitor working.

Hi Slice, thx for information. A lot of people have issue with iMessage login. It's obvious for now, that Serial Number isn't enough.

Several parameters should be set to get iMessage work.

Please read this MLB pattern.

Thanks for the investigation. I think it helps people to create their unique serials.

I may repeat requirements for iMessage:

1. Unique MLB and ROM set into NVRAM variables. It provides by Clover and by Chameleon with additional module. Probably by Ozmosis.

2. Unique Serial Number and Hardware UUID.

3. Account in AppStore registered with valid Credit Card. The service required payments.

• Like 1

Thanks for the investigation. I think it helps people to create their unique serials.

I may repeat requirements for iMessage:

1. Unique MLB and ROM set into NVRAM variables. It provides by Clover and by Chameleon with additional module. Probably by Ozmosis.

2. Unique Serial Number and Hardware UUID.

3. Account in AppStore registered with valid Credit Card. The service required payments.

Thank you Slice.

I think that MLB issue needs a more detailed investigation. I have done my best based on data which I have. I guess it's smart to update Clover and Clover wiki about MLB length? Seems that both, 13 char length and 17 char length MLBs are valid, but they have different pattern and should be logically valid too, as are related to machine model. 

1. UEFI BIOS usually doesn't see the entry like /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI

Be sure you have /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI - it should be seen. Really this file is the renamed Clover.

2. Multiple monitor issue is still required for investigations.

iMessage etc will be working with good SN.

Bluetooth will be working with good drivers. No magics here. Vanilla drivers work only with some bluetooth adapters no matter how did you set definitions at bootloader stage or in OS.

I verified that I do have /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI

Still cannot get to the Clover boot loader or boot to my Clover Yosemite drive without the USB

Interesting results in testing on the multiple GPUs/multiple monitors - 

- PCIE Slot1 - GTX 560Ti-448 - 2 monitors connected via DVI

- PCIE Slot2 - GTX 560Ti-448 - 1 monitor connected via DVI

When I boot with the argument 'nv_disable=1' a single monitor on Slot1 loads in low res

When I boot with the argument 'nvda_drv=1' the single monitor on Slot2 loads in HD

When I boot with no graphics related arguments, the two monitors on Slot1 load in HD

No combo yet to have all three monitors loading

Is this a known issue or a problem with my config.plist? (BIOS is set to PCIE as default GPU)

I just noticed that recent Clover versions have broken bdmesg here on my X79. Running it gives an "illegal instruction" message in Terminal. In Console it prints: 

ReportCrash[161]: Failed to create CSSymbolicatorRef for bash

followed by a crash report.

This happens with both r2999 and r3021. Going back to r2988 fixed it.

This issue still hasn't gone away with r3048. All the official releases after r2988 are affected.

Any idea as to the cause or a fix?

This issue still hasn't gone away with r3048. All the official releases after r2988 are affected.

Any idea as to the cause or a fix?

Edit: After reverting from r3048 it's now broken on r2988 as well.

That right there is an excellent observation

When one installs an older copy of Clover on a newer one, do the older files in /usr and the like get overriden and the newer versions kept?

The last couple of times I reverted, I did it by deleting the EFI folder and replacing it with the previous one (that gets backed up in /EFI-Backups).

After reverting didn't work this time around I installed r2988 over r3048 and bdmesg is working again.

I'm using UEFI boot so I'm not sure if anything is getting installed to /usr here. I don't install the prefpane or scripts.

I may proposed that bdmesg sources are the same. My XCode was updated so bdmesg binaries changed.

If you compile it in your system it should work correctly.

Or just save old working version of bdmesg while updating Clover.

Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 19.00.03.png

================= Making all in bdmesg =================

The following commands produced analyzer issues:
	AnalyzeShallow bdmesg/main.c
(1 command with analyzer issues)
[XCODE] bdmesg

Thanks for the info Slice. So it looks like it's Apple doing what they do best and breaking stuff again.

I'll reinstall r3048 and replace bdmesg with the copy from r2988 and see what happens.

Update: OK that worked. The old bdmesg is working fine with r3048.

One new thing with r3048 is on boot I get this message flashing up briefly onscreen before the boot logo: "0:004 Network protocol is not installed".

It also appears in the bdmesg output just after "Dump SMC keys from NVRAM:"

I've been looking all over to find an answer but so far no luck.. so I'll post the question.

I installed Clover (first v2k_r3033 and then v2k_r3048) and it's so easy to boot Yosemite on my GA-X58A-UD7.
There is a SERIOUS PROBLEM though. I can't get it to load the config.plist.

I just don't get it. Nothing that I put in will stick.

Changes I make in Options at boot screen work out fine but nothing from config.plist is used.

I'll include a screen dump of the EFI partition, all "config.plist" you see in the tree is the one I attached except for the censored SN and UUID.

If anybody wants to have a look and tell me I'm making a silly rookie mistake I'd be super happy.

config.plist.zip

post-179272-0-60393700-1417799746_thumb.png

Check the boot logs, it will tell you the name of the motherboard (OEM folder name) and which config.plist it loads:

2:910  0:000  Clover revision: 3048  running on Z68AP-D3
2:910  0:000  ... with board Z68AP-D3
2:910  0:000  Clover load options size = 0 bytes
2:913  0:002  Using OEM config.plist at path: EFI\CLOVER\OEM\Z68AP-D3\config.plist
2:913  0:000  EFI\CLOVER\OEM\Z68AP-D3\config.plist loaded: Success

That's what is confusing me....

This is from the log: 

16:134  0:000  Clover revision: 3033  running on X58A-UD7
16:134  0:000  ... with board X58A-UD7
16:134  0:000  Clover load options size = 0 bytes
16:138  0:003  Using OEM config.plist at path: EFI\CLOVER\config.plist
16:138  0:000  EFI\CLOVER\config.plist loaded: Success

But none of the options for fixSATA, SMBIOS, etc. are put to use.  <_<

EDIT:

Is there data/configuration stored elsewhere in a cache or something that will override the config.plist?

EDIT2:
Success!

I reinstalled with the Bios Block I/O in an attempt to get the SSD sitting on a Marvel 9128 6GB chip visible in the clover screen.
It made it incredibly slow (the scanning I guess) but it loaded the config.plist and gave me the proper resolution and everything, then it booted perfectly with the right SerialNumber so that I got access to App Store etc.  :thumbsup_anim:

I'm not sure what made the difference but Clover was updated from 3033 to 3048.
Thank you, Maniac10, for trying to help.

Now all i have to do is to get the alc889 Audio working with s/pdif (most important) and hopefully front jacks too.

for iMessage and Facetime, I have confirmed this on many of cases you only need a preregistered ROM and MLB, the SN has nothing to do with it. In Clover you can set ROM under RtVariiables as ROM and as for MLB you can also use RtVariables but its best to use it as BoardSerialNumber under SMBIOS section in config. ROM MUST be 12 digits long and MLB MUST be 17digits long, your ROM can be your Ethernet MAC Address and your MLB is a SHA2 Hash of your ROM and Serial Number. I have generated alot of fake ones and registered them with Apple plenty of times and use them on varies systems

• Like 2

Pavo, have you looked at the work that holyfield is doing?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303073-pattern-of-mlb-main-logic-board/

Can you explain how to create the MLB? Don't understand how to create it by SHA2 Hash.

I think I have found a way to find out the real UUID of your computer using Windows 7 assuming you can boot into Windows. Love to hear from the experts to see if this is valid.

Using Windows cmd prompt, type:

C:\> wmic
wmic:root\cli> csproduct

It will display the UUID.

When I run this command I get a UUID that is basically my MAC address. But if you follow this method: http://qwilson.net/post/42999341631/find-the-guid-uuid, I get a UUID that is different.

• Like 1

No

"MacBook1,1",
	"MacBook2,1",
	"MacBook4,1",
	"MacBook5,2",
	"MacBookPro5,1",
  "MacBookPro8,1",
  "MacBookPro8,3",
  "MacBookPro9,2",
  "MacBookPro10,1",
  "MacBookPro11,1",
	"MacBookAir3,1",
  "MacBookAir5,2",
  "MacBookAir6,2",

But Clover correctly recognizes config.plist.

SMC version can be injected by FakeSMC.

Hi,

I configured Clover with MBP6.2 smbios and I added the smc version to FakeSMC (1.58f17) but isn't recognized correctly. 

I tried edit platformdata.c and Platform.h and then compiled Clover, now system info shows correct smc version (1.58f17) but I don't have turbo frequencies (i5 520m 2.40-2.93 GHz). HWMonitor app only shows until 2.4 GHz.
Is possible solve this issue?.

Regards.

Hi,

I configured Clover with MBP6.2 smbios and I added the smc version to FakeSMC (1.58f17) but isn't recognized correctly. 

I tried edit platformdata.c and Platform.h and then compiled Clover, now system info shows correct smc version (1.58f17) but I don't have turbo frequencies (i5 520m 2.40-2.93 GHz). HWMonitor app only shows until 2.4 GHz.
Is possible solve this issue?.

Regards.

You should allow Clover generate C and P-states and drop other SSDT tables.

Then, if you asked a help then please provide reports. The best one is DarwinDumper.

Fixed in r3050 :)

Yup, no longer doing it on my system.

Also, the time delay from BIOS to Clover GUI is gone! Down to a second or two!

for iMessage and Facetime, I have confirmed this on many of cases you only need a preregistered ROM and MLB, the SN has nothing to do with it. In Clover you can set ROM under RtVariiables as ROM and as for MLB you can also use RtVariables but its best to use it as BoardSerialNumber under SMBIOS section in config. ROM MUST be 12 digits long and MLB MUST be 17digits long, your ROM can be your Ethernet MAC Address and your MLB is a SHA2 Hash of your ROM and Serial Number. I have generated alot of fake ones and registered them with Apple plenty of times and use them on varies systems

PLEASE give us a step by step guide on how you do this.

Thanks!

PLEASE give us a step by step guide on how you do this.

Thanks!

Do not let you be confused. He spreads the myth.

You need proper ROM, Serial and MLB id for iMessage. There are plenty of genuine Mac repair cases, when support personnel forgot to re-burn serial back to board and users where unable to login into iMessage. the entire combination is important. 

• Like 1

Hey All,

Hopefully this is the right place for this!  I'm having trouble hiding a clover boot entry option - For some reason, Clover's showing a "Windows Boot Menu EFI" entry on my hackintosh OS X drive - it's completely nonfunctional but I can't get it to hide without also hiding my OS X boot volume.  I've attached my boot.log, install log, config, and screenshots of the info for both entries in case it'll help - any advice would appreciated, as I've been trying for a few days with no real progress, aside from a few broken configs!  Thank you again, and please delete or let me know if I've chosen the wrong place to post this!

config.plist.zip

Clover_Install_Log.txt

boot.log.zip

post-461048-0-59813700-1417887632_thumb.jpg

post-461048-0-91398500-1417887640_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Do not let you be confused. He spreads the myth.

You need proper ROM, Serial and MLB id for iMessage. There are plenty of genuine Mac repair cases, when support personnel forgot to re-burn serial back to board and users where unable to login into iMessage. the entire combination is important.

Sorry mate, you are wrong

Serial doesn't matter.

Only ROM and mlb do.

Also you can use ROM and mlb from one kind of Mac with a serial (real or fake) of a different kind (including mixing iMac and macpro for example)

Sorry mate, you are wrong

Serial doesn't matter.

Only ROM and mlb do.

Also you can use ROM and mlb from one kind of Mac with a serial (real or fake) of a different kind (including mixing iMac and macpro for example)

I guess you never read my post about MLB pattern. You miss the entire point of my message. But, no point to argue with people who don't take time to digg into details.

Anyway, thats a FACT, that there are plenty of genuine Mac repair cases, when support personnel forgot to re-burn serial back to board and users where unable to login into iMessage. the entire combination is important.