Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

GenericUsb is not part of Yosemite so your slow boot must have been caused by you adding a 3rd party kext so your statement below was not correct?

perhaps you did not understand anything, I have solved my problem by deleting the kext, which made me slow shutdown and reboot .... do you understand now?

and I know well that this kext and third party, and not of Yosemite

and I never said I have a slow boot ...end of story

help for CloverGrower... 

I downloaded the latest clovergrower thinking that would fix up things. but still get an error 

sorry - this program has been built without plugin support

what am i doing wrong with cloverGrower?

Processing meta-data ........ done!

Building ... /Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf [X64]

make: *** [/Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull/OUTPUT/BasePcdLibNull.lib] Error 1

Building ... /Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePrintLib/BasePrintLib.inf [X64]

build.py...

: error 7000: Failed to execute command

make tbuild [/Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull]

There is nothing wrong with you, it's the CloverGrowerPro. Current version doesn't support the new gcc version (4.9.x), used by Slice.

Edit: the latest code r3006 still can't be built with CGP.

• Like 1

Rename folder ~/opt/local to ~/opt/local-48 and use script

./buildgcc-4.9.sh

It takes me 15 minutes on i3 and 44 minutes on Celeron E3200. 

Then

./buildnasm.sh

./ebuild.sh -lto

That happens, because the SLIC Dump Toolkit doesn't support Windows UEFI installs. Try anything else like AIDA64 and you'll see that the SLIC is actually there.

I'm using Windows MBR installs,use AIDA64 still can't see SLIC.

Hi there, I'm fairly new to clover and try to find my way through it's logic...

Is there a way to boot a Fusion Drive with an older non-UEFI board (-> BIOS; Gigabyte EX-58UD5) with clover installed on a thumbdrive?

It does not seem to find the Fusion Drive, even with EFI/Clover folder copied to both EFI partitions and FD UUID added as default volume. Do I have to add "boot" to the EFI partition if I want to have clover ONLY on the tumbdrive so I don't break the chameleon bootloader installed on Fusion Drive (stored on seperate boot helper partitions)?

Thank you!

attachicon.gifSLIC Dump ToolKit.png

In my case use daz loader RSDT=PubKey=Maker is enough to activate Windows 7,no need XSDT.However After placing SLIC.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows and rebooting into Windows, I observed that SLIC Dump ToolKit said SLIC doesn't exit.

Seems like SLIC inject is not success.And my Clover in HFS+ can't log,in FAT32 clover won't boot,How to use clover activate Windows7?

I think for Windows installed in legacy mode on a MBR hard drive, its easier to use the Daz loader to inject SLIC.  

In my case, I had UEFI Windows installed on a GPT hard drive with Clover booting Microsoft's bootmgfw.efi from the EFI FAT32 partition.  In this scenario, the Daz loader cannot be installed/doesn't work.  Clover r2427+ correctly dropped my OEM SLIC and replaced it with the one I placed in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows when booting via bootmgfw.efi - refer @dmazar's post #3438.

Edit 11/11/14

Seems like you are using BIOS motherboard,how could you boot GPT hard drive because BIOS only support MBR,maybe there is a way to do that?

Yes, my machine has a legacy BIOS but CloverEFI provides a full UEFI environment that can be used to install UEFI Windows through Clover. See @Pene's post here and the Clover wiki (option A legacy boot pathway).

The shot in your previous post looks normal to me. Did you try to activate Windows (how exactly) and what was the result?

This is the screenshot without Daz loader

post-236960-0-99157900-1415642016_thumb.png

I have install certificate and key to Windows 7 use this method:

Put the certificate in C:\ and run in Command Prompt (as administrator)
slmgr -ilc C:\NAME.xrm-ms
Run
slmgr -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Now only need SLIC.aml that injected by clover like before I flash SLIC in real BIOS,but seems like my clover doesn't inject SLIC.aml.

I think for Windows installed in legacy mode on a MBR hard drive, its easier to use the Daz loader to inject SLIC.  

In my case, I had UEFI Windows installed on a GPT hard drive with Clover booting Microsoft's bootmgfw.efi from the EFI FAT32 partition.  In this scenario, the Daz loader cannot be installed/doesn't work.  Clover r2427+ correctly dropped my OEM SLIC and replaced it with the one I placed in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows when booting via bootmgfw.efi - refer @dmazar's post #3438.

Yes,but I can see you success easily,so I think it maybe possible for me.But you say you are using GPT,maybe it's impossible for MBR like nvram and clover log?

Seems like you are using BIOS motherboard,how could you boot GPT hard drive because BIOS only support MBR,maybe there is a way to do that?

Hi there, I'm fairly new to clover and try to find my way through it's logic...

Is there a way to boot a Fusion Drive with an older non-UEFI board (-> BIOS; Gigabyte EX-58UD5) with clover installed on a thumbdrive?

It does not seem to find the Fusion Drive, even with EFI/Clover folder copied to both EFI partitions and FD UUID added as default volume. Do I have to add "boot" to the EFI partition if I want to have clover ONLY on the tumbdrive so I don't break the chameleon bootloader installed on Fusion Drive (stored on seperate boot helper partitions)?

Thank you!

I have a similar problem,with clover installed on a thumbdrive,I can boot yosemite but can't boot windows 7,shows this

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix this problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Boot\BCD
Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

I think Clover has something special to USB device.

I'm having problem with HDCP on iTunes/Safari in Yosemite. I have a clover config with InjectIntel set to true. Is HDCP supported and do need to do something to the config to enable it?

iTunes[615]: GVA Error: allocating the TT buffer pool
Nov 10 20:57:54 MacBook-Pro.local iTunes[615]: GVA error: BranchQT0, allocateTTPool() err = 10
Nov 10 20:57:54 MacBook-Pro.local iTunes[615]: GVA error: AVFQTX_SetProperty: error passing WKEY param. (7)
Nov 10 20:57:54 --- last message repeated 5 times ---
Nov 10 20:57:54 MacBook-Pro.local iTunes[615]: GVA Error: allocating the TT buffer pool
Nov 10 20:57:54 MacBook-Pro.local iTunes[615]: GVA error: BranchQT0, allocateTTPool() err = 10
Nov 10 20:57:54 MacBook-Pro.local iTunes[615]: GVA error: AVFQTX_SetProperty: error passing WKEY param. (7)

Okies, after a long term Chimera user (don't shoot me!), I moved to Clover a bit ago. For whatever ever reason, I cannot boot from UEFI of my osX 10.10 SSD. This is not why I am posting, but, I can (easily) and did install Clover over Chimera (yay!). 

I have the latest v.2999 installed.

However, the time taken to get from the bios screen (ROG) to Clover, is rather long. With Chimera, my system would be at my osX desktop, fully booted within 10 seconds, including the bios boot time. Now, with Clover. it takes an age to appear, with an underscore character at the top left of the screen, then I hear the PC kick into action, then a black screen, then the Clover screen. All in all, probably over a minute.

Once there, if I select my osX drive, it boots as quick as it did as if I booted my osX from Chimera (around 2-3 seconds).

Is there anything I can do to make this bios to Clover time quicker? Also, I noticed the resolution in Clover is terrible. I am using a 39" LG TV (1920x1080) as my monitor.

Any tips? Thanks in advance, if anyone replies.

Okies, after a long term Chimera user (don't shoot me!), I moved to Clover a bit ago. For whatever ever reason, I cannot boot from UEFI of my osX 10.10 SSD. This is not why I am posting, but, I can (easily) and did install Clover over Chimera (yay!). 

I have the latest v.2999 installed.

However, the time taken to get from the bios screen (ROG) to Clover, is rather long. With Chimera, my system would be at my osX desktop, fully booted within 10 seconds, including the bios boot time. Now, with Clover. it takes an age to appear, with an underscore character at the top left of the screen, then I hear the PC kick into action, then a black screen, then the Clover screen. All in all, probably over a minute.

Once there, if I select my osX drive, it boots as quick as it did as if I booted my osX from Chimera (around 2-3 seconds).

Is there anything I can do to make this bios to Clover time quicker? Also, I noticed the resolution in Clover is terrible. I am using a 39" LG TV (1920x1080) as my monitor.

Any tips? Thanks in advance, if anyone replies.

Boot->Log=false

@slice -

Thanks - all is working with CloverGrowerPro again. wiped the whole thing (toolchain) and started fresh! then r3016 built fine.

can I provide a replacement for the ThinkPad theme that is more up to date?

This is the screenshot without Daz loader

attachicon.gifSLIC Dump ToolKit2.png

I have install certificate and key to Windows 7 use this method:

Put the certificate in C:\ and run in Command Prompt (as administrator)
slmgr -ilc C:\NAME.xrm-ms
Run
slmgr -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Now only need SLIC.aml that injected by clover like before I flash SLIC in real BIOS,but seems like my clover doesn't inject SLIC.aml.

Yes,but I can see you success easily,so I think it maybe possible for me.But you say you are using GPT,maybe it's impossible for MBR like nvram and clover log?

It is very initial for all bootloaders.

Yes, BIOS-based computer can start from GPT. boot0af sector should be written in block 0 of the drive and boot1f32 into block1 of EFI partition.

Windows UEFI can started only from GPT, not MBR.

Legacy WIndows can start only from MBR, not GPT. If you already have this case then forget UEFI.

I have a similar problem,with clover installed on a thumbdrive,I can boot yosemite but can't boot windows 7,shows this

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix this problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Boot\BCD
Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.
I think Clover has something special to USB device.

Reinstall WIndows. Clover has no "something special" for USB.

@slice -

Thanks - all is working with CloverGrowerPro again. wiped the whole thing (toolchain) and started fresh! then r3016 built fine.

can I provide a replacement for the ThinkPad theme that is more up to date?

Ask Blackosx.

Boot->Log=false

Thanks Slice. I read that somewhere, and I unchecked the box in configurator, in the BOOT tab, which I assumed was this option. I will check the config.plist later to check that it is giving the correct option (false).

If that is already correct with the log=false set in the config, any ideas on what else it could be?

Try using the other firmwares for CloverEFI like BiosBlockIO. Sounds like the problem is happening before the GUI and I bet it's long timeouts for devices.

Thanks apianti; I Will try this later also. My gut feeling was the same, that the issue is before the GUI. 

Thanks again.