Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Hopefully this is the right place for this!  I'm having trouble hiding a clover boot entry option - For some reason, Clover's showing a "Windows Boot Menu EFI" entry on my hackintosh OS X drive - it's completely nonfunctional but I can't get it to hide without also hiding my OS X boot volume.  I've attached my boot.log, install log, config, and screenshots of the info for both entries in case it'll help - any advice would appreciated, as I've been trying for a few days with no real progress, aside from a few broken configs!  Thank you again, and please delete or let me know if I've chosen the wrong place to post this!

I have the same issue. I have hide BOOTX64.EFI in my config.

EDIT: This no longer shows up using r3050

Hey All,

Hopefully this is the right place for this!  I'm having trouble hiding a clover boot entry option - For some reason, Clover's showing a "Windows Boot Menu EFI" entry on my hackintosh OS X drive - it's completely nonfunctional but I can't get it to hide without also hiding my OS X boot volume.  I've attached my boot.log, install log, config, and screenshots of the info for both entries in case it'll help - any advice would appreciated, as I've been trying for a few days with no real progress, aside from a few broken configs!  Thank you again, and please delete or let me know if I've chosen the wrong place to post this!

Its actually a bug in VBoxHfs-64.efi when legacy booting with Clover.

2 solutions

1.  Hide the entry by adding to GUI section of Clover's config.plist

<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>bootmgr.efi</string>
		</array>

or

2.  Update to Clover r3043+ and replace VBoxHFS-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 with HFSPlus.efi.

All I said is that I can change serial and still have ft/im authenticated by apple.

I already did it many times, I used same ROM/mlb with different smbioa and serials including imac15,1 imac14,2 and macpro6,1.

All serials were genuine but not related to the one which I took the ROM/mlb from.

Do not let you be confused. He spreads the myth.

You need proper ROM, Serial and MLB id for iMessage. There are plenty of genuine Mac repair cases, when support personnel forgot to re-burn serial back to board and users where unable to login into iMessage. the entire combination is important. 

wFiUFbr.png

Does this look like a real SN, I think not and my iMessage and Facetime are working flawlessly, again you only need a preregistered ROM and MLB for them to work, if its not preregistered then you will have to call Apple and have it registered to your account. my ROM and MLB are generated by myself not taken from any real mac

• Like 1

Does this look like a real SN, I think not and my iMessage and Facetime are working flawlessly, again you only need a preregistered ROM and MLB for them to work, if its not preregistered then you will have to call Apple and have it registered to your account. my ROM and MLB are generated by myself not taken from any real mac

Thank you for screenshot. It only proofs that you are showing or using a serial. It doesn't even proof that you can use iMessge from this comp, etc. Also this doesn't proof anyhow, that ONLY genuine ROM/MLB values copied from some Mac are suitable for iMessage/FaceTime authentication.

Thank you for screenshot. It only proofs that you are showing or using a serial. It doesn't even proof that you can use iMessge from this comp, etc. Also this doesn't proof anyhow, that ONLY genuine ROM/MLB values copied from some Mac are suitable for iMessage/FaceTime authentication.

I was showing that the SN I am using isn't remotely real, which defeats your arguement that a real SN is required to get iMessage and Facetime working here are some pics to show iMessage, Facetime and what my config looks like

iMessage:

KXuVAem.png

Facetime:

an5WgeO.png

Config:

f2gAWpI.png

All I said is that I can change serial and still have ft/im authenticated by apple.

It says to me that you are still using a serial, whatever it is, still using it.

I already did it many times, I used same ROM/mlb with different smbioa and serials including imac15,1 imac14,2 and macpro6,1.

All serials were genuine but not related to the one which I took the ROM/mlb from.

Thats good that you have done it. For me it of course doesn't proof anyhow that only genuine MLB/ROMs are suitable. The fact is that those match for sure certain regez pattern.

Instead of ending the case here by saying you can login only with genuine MLB/ROM, lets solve the regex puzzle for first. So we know that those values where suitable. So, why not to digg deeper and figure out what these values tell to us? They tell us some information which we can turn into good for entire Hackintosh community.

It says to me that you are still using a serial, whatever it is, still using it.

LMAO, guess you are not noticing there is no SN in my config, which should tell you that Clover is generating it

• Like 1

RE: MLB/ROM my (2 cents) experience... 

on my hack, i got the dreaded call support message when i went to register iMessage.  so i took the MLB and ROM value from a real mac and use these on my hack. these 2 systems have are different models and have different (valid) serial numbers but have the same (valid) MLB and ROM - iMessage and FT works on the hack. i post this note here, noting this issue is not really about Clover, but that Clover provide a very convenient way to change/set MLB and ROM via the RtVariable section in the config.plist if needed to override the ones it creates. 

@pkdesign - there are number of posts (here and elsewhere) on the proper format and creation of MLB and ROM. for example, holyfield recently posted some good info on these variable structures. 

LOL you are clearly from the south! :lol:

Maine

Try again.

(You Guys is a terrible pronoun. Y'all is more personal, friendly, and doesnt have that misogynistic thing than "mankind" (human) or "where no man has gone before" (no one has gone before)

@pkdesign - there are number of posts (here and elsewhere) on the proper format and creation of MLB and ROM. for example, holyfield recently posted some good info on these variable structures. 

Yes he posted structure. That is all well and good except that I need to know what values to fill those spots with. I am certainly happy he spent the time figuring that out but that is only half the "piece of the puzzle" as he likes to say.

ROM is pretty straight forward and probably not all that significant, but it would seem that MLB is more important. Do I just fill those spots with any number, or does it have to be hex or base-64, etc. Right now it's just my serial with 6 digits afterwards. I have no clue if those digits are valid. It certainly doesn't follow holyfields structure/pattern.

Pavo said he generated "a lot of these" but gave no instructions on how he does this. You had the fortune to have access to a real Mac and it's MLB values, I do not. I've Googled but have not come up with anything, except for about a dozen valid, real Mac serials which I know not to use. I could pull out my old PowerBook but doubt that would help me. Doubtful that the old G4 Digital Audio Mac in the storage room would be much help either. Or would it?

Yes he posted structure. That is all well and good except that I need to know what values to fill those spots with. I am certainly happy he spent the time figuring that out but that is only half the "piece of the puzzle" as he likes to say.

ROM is pretty straight forward and probably not all that significant, but it would seem that MLB is more important. Do I just fill those spots with any number, or does it have to be hex or base-64, etc. Right now it's just my serial with 6 digits afterwards. I have no clue if those digits are valid. It certainly doesn't follow holyfields structure/pattern.

Pavo said he creates these "all the time" but gave no instructions on how he does this. You had the fortune to have access to a real Mac and it's MLB values, I do not. I've Googled but have not come up with anything, except for about a dozen valid, real Mac serials which I know not to use. I could pull out my old PowerBook but doubt that would help me. Doubtful that the old G4 Digital Audio Mac in the storage room would be much help either. Or would it?

Try to sign in on the G4. I mean if iMessage works fine on it then it will work in the hack

Try to sign in on the G4. I mean if iMessage works fine on it then it will work in the hack

imessage is way after it's time. I think it's worth trying the mlb and ROM values from it though since it is still a real Mac.

Double post, sorry

Okay, I'm looking at the DarwinDumper report from my MBP and I'm pretty sure the MLB is the board serial number, but where do I find the ROM value?

Run iMessage debug on your real MBP to get the values. That's what I did to then use those values on my hack (Mac Pro 6,1) and that fixed iMessage etc. The serial is completely made up by me.

iMessage etc will be working with good SN.

Slice, A gde ja mogu naidti posledunuju versiu ot klassnogo rukovodstvo  "Клевер цвета хаки". Ja kakoi to nashol v seti, no ono ot 2012. Gde mozno skchat samuju poselednuju versiu? Wiki na angliskom ne to sravnima rukovodstvom "Клевер цвета хаки". Nu hotelos bõ samuju poslednuju versiu ot etogo.

Bolshoje spasibo ;)

Thanks guys, I used iMessage debug on my MBP and used the ROM and MLB values and now I have Facetime working on my Vivobook. However, when I open System Information, the Hardware page is blank. I'm assuming it's confused because I already had values for "Board Serial Number" and "SmUUID" in the SMBios. Should I replace these with my MLB and ROM values, or just delete them entirely and leave the MLB ROM values as the ones from my MBP? They're the same thing right?