Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

There is definitely something up with versions higher than r2976. I just created a USB boot drive with r2976 and boot times are very fast. Any thing over that I get the long delay after BIOS boot screen.

Definitely agree.  I also dualboot w/ win 8.1 and that takes forever to load as well now.  As soon as I disconnect my OSX hard drive and run pure windows, it boots in less than 6 seconds.

make sure you remove some kexts, which might cause problems:

• ApplePolicyControl.kext
  • AppleTyMCEDriver.kext
  • IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext

thank you holyfield, now i can boot, but it makes no sense, because by removing the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext there is no cpupm, the same as nullcpupm

but you point me to the right direction, there is a non matching entry in the macmodel plist

reporting r3033 working great on both systems:

1) UEFI for Lenovo T420 (model MBP8,1) -- leaves Clover in 1-2 seconds (no GUI on SSD)

and 

2) CloverEFI (SATA) on Gigabyte H61N-USB3  (macmini5,1)  --  leaves Clover in 5-6 seconds (no GUI on spinning SATA)

both running 10.10.1 - no need to remove any kexts here.

Hi there, I'm fairly new to clover and try to find my way through it's logic...

Is there a way to boot a Fusion Drive with an older non-UEFI board (-> BIOS; Gigabyte EX-58UD5) with clover installed on a thumbdrive?

It does not seem to find the Fusion Drive, even with EFI/Clover folder copied to both EFI partitions and FD UUID added as default volume. Do I have to add "boot" to the EFI partition if I want to have clover ONLY on the tumbdrive so I don't break the chameleon bootloader installed on Fusion Drive (stored on seperate boot helper partitions)?

Thank you!

In case anyone wonders, theres problems seem to have been caused by a corrupted Fusion Drive Setup. After a complete reformat, Clover boots the FD like a charm.

But: no I have the complete opposite problem: I cannot manage to load clover from Fusion Drive without the thumbdrive. There is plenty information on how to get it loaded in newer EFI boards, but I can't get the boot chain working on my old GA EX58-UD5.

Could anyone point out how I can load Clover using the EFI Partition of one of the FD Drives formatted as FAT, EFI Folder and "boot" copied to the partition on a "legacy BIOS board"? The problem is, you can't use Clover installer, because it won't find the ESD but instead install it to the FD main directory. I can't get past boot0 / boot1 / .... errors.

Don't see why it wouldn't find the ESP on a drive but ok, you can manually install by doing something like here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2627&view=findpost&p=28412

EDIT: Also you can extract the package with 7zip to get it's contents. You can also find the boot sectors, in the repository, I was going to link it for you but it appears there's something weird going on with the repo browser...

I've always done manual install with the fusion drive. It seems to get confused about the LVG or something. I feel like we should be able to specify an EFI partition to use in the installer or something - what happens for me at least is that (regardless of whether I have an EFI partition mounted) it doesn't seem to find the EFI partition and then installs the EFI folder at the root of the fusion drive. So what I do is just move the EFI folder from my ESP to the root of the hard drive, install the latest Clover version, and then move it back over to my fusion drive's EFS. Manual installation works just fine, but it would be nice to not have to do that.

Also, this is unrelated, but I don't think anyone saw my post a few pages back. Someone posted about Clover not autopatching kexts. This has happened to me several times, usually when booting from a hard drive I don't usually boot from. I am always able to resolve it by running kext utility, but I don't know why it happens. Obviously it has something to do with the caches. Is this a known bug, have you ever heard of this before? I don't know if it's a problem with Clover or an OS X problem.

Don't see why it wouldn't find the ESP on a drive but ok, you can manually install by doing something like here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2627&view=findpost&p=28412

EDIT: Also you can extract the package with 7zip to get it's contents. You can also find the boot sectors, in the repository, I was going to link it for you but it appears there's something weird going on with the repo browser...

Thank you. "Something like that" is regrettably the problem I run into, because I'm not familiar with the boot files and needed terminal commands. Clover does not have boot0 in its files...

@jamiethemorris already mentioned it. Fusion Drive is only a logical partition. The installer let's you choose partitions, not drives, and there is no EFI partition on the virtual FD drive. It also wouldn't know which FD member partition to choose, because clover installer can't figure out what's your BIOS boot drive...

So I also tried copying the install to /EFI partition, also formatted it as FAT32. There still seems to be a problem in telling my board where clover is installed... 

Hi,i come from many years with chameleon,now i want to try clover but i have a problem with my asus notebook k53sc.

I put my dsdt on efi-clover-acpi-patched,my kext on efi-clover-kext-10.10.

I try many times and many methods,with the clover configuration tool i set smbios 8.1

I have this kp post-856330-0-54990000-1417042485_thumb.jpg

Update clover to v3033 and all is ok here.

Only one thing. In previous version into EFI folder i had a strange folder called APPLE: which contains the folder EXTENSION then the file "Firmware.scap". What is this? :rolleyes:

In the v3033 the APPLE folder is gone.

Update clover to v3033 and all is ok here.

Only one thing. In previous version into EFI folder i had a strange folder called APPLE: which contains the folder EXTENSION then the file "Firmware.scap". What is this? :rolleyes:

In the v3033 the APPLE folder is gone.

It's for firmware updates on real Macs, it's basically a temp folder for the firmware so that the Mac's EFI can flash it on the next boot. Serves no purpose on a hack, it probably was just automatically put there by Software Update a long time ago.

• Like 1

Looks like USB problem. Try to change something in BIOS. When reboot from OSX the USB is good initialized vs after BIOS.

So looks like i got rid of that USB errors. still doesn't work - still having issues of it hanging for about 4 mins before it'll boot past that black screen with the underscore. (on cold boot). Re-attached two different logs, one from a cold boot, and one with just a regular restart.

I don't see any differences other than the time. Am I missing something?? I originally installed my OS X from chameleon and clover was installed after, not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

Hardware for reference:

GA-P35-DS3L

Q6600

6 GB Ram

GTX 570

Samsung 840 Pro

Edit: Also included my config.plist

cold_bootlog.log.txt

bootlog.log.txt

config.plist.txt

Check this out.  I know Clover Configurator is not supported in this thread so sorry about the screenshot but I just learned something that FakeID would not give me no matter what ID I chose.

I was able to use this feature obviously in Clover but used the CC gui and used the find replace hex but checked plist feature and did not have to edit the plist at all.  I got my WMP300N Linksys wireless up and running.

Edited:

It can by any unique string so since 4328 is unique in that file and the only string in that file just finding 4328 and replacing with 4329 works fine!!

post-135888-0-38005900-1417118892_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hi,i come from many years with chameleon,now i want to try clover but i have a problem with my asus notebook k53sc.

I put my dsdt on efi-clover-acpi-patched,my kext on efi-clover-kext-10.10.

I try many times and many methods,with the clover configuration tool i set smbios 8.1

I have this kp attachicon.gifIMAG0132.jpg

On most cases, with Clover you don't need DSDT. So, don't use it, if it is not absolutely necessary. I have got several hacks to work really fine without DSTD's. 

For second, read Clover manual. When you got some error, search google for first :D On your case "ioplatformexpert panic clover"

• Like 1

Was it just me or is anyone else here having trouble with getting USB keyboards to work properly on Clover? I can use the mouse, but on the boot options screen the keyboard refuses to work. It does however work once OS X boots fully though. Oh, and I'm using the latest Clover SVN build on a legacy BIOS system, if that helps.

Hi, I can't get Clover UEFI to auto boot OS X. I've tried using the name of the volume, GUID and Device ID for DefaultVolume. I can however boot into Windows 7 fine using any of the methods. The only way to boot into OS X is by using LastBootedVolume. 

/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *256.1 GB   disk0
   1:       Microsoft Basic Data WinSSD                  202.2 GB   disk0s1
   2:                        EFI                         209.7 MB   disk0s2
   3:                  Apple_HFS MacSSD                  53.0 GB    disk0s3
   4:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s4

Specs

Asus P8Z77-V Pro

Intel i5-3570k

Adata SX900 256GB SSD

16GB (4x4GB) G.Skill 1600MHz DDR3

OS X 10.10.1

Creative X-Fi HD USB

MSI HD 7870

Is this why I can't auto boot OS X? Cause I thought it doesn't matter where you put it.

I don't know your reason why you can't boot OSX. Other users can.

May be you want to show us debug.log in this case?

Hi, I can't get Clover UEFI to auto boot OS X. I've tried using the name of the volume, GUID and Device ID for DefaultVolume. I can however boot into Windows 7 fine using any of the methods. The only way to boot into OS X is by using LastBootedVolume. 

/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *256.1 GB   disk0
   1:       Microsoft Basic Data WinSSD                  202.2 GB   disk0s1
   2:                        EFI                         209.7 MB   disk0s2
   3:                  Apple_HFS MacSSD                  53.0 GB    disk0s3
   4:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s4

Specs

Asus P8Z77-V Pro

Intel i5-3570k

Adata SX900 256GB SSD

16GB (4x4GB) G.Skill 1600MHz DDR3

OS X 10.10.1

Creative X-Fi HD USB

MSI HD 7870

This is not good idea to put windows and Mac on the same disk. I recommend to use separate HDD's for each OS you like to run. 

On most cases, with Clover you don't need DSDT. So, don't use it, if it is not absolutely necessary. I have got several hacks to work really fine without DSTD's. 

For second, read Clover manual. When you got some error, search google for first :D On your case "ioplatformexpert panic clover"

Sorry but i try with no result.

I try with creating a smbios,put and delete dsdt but the result it's the same

The problem may be in choosing the Fix driver

3:391  0:041  Loading OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

Try others.

Additionally I'll recommend to use DataHubDxe and PartitionDxe.

Hi Slice, 

I tried both OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64 without any success.  If I replace the files in EFI>Boot with the ones from r2721, I can boot properly.  Is there something different with BOOTIA32/BOOTX64 files in the newer versions of Clover that would be causing my boot up problem?  If I used r2721's boot files, would they be able to boot Yosemite?