Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

You have a clover pref pane in Clover bootloader.

Is that the configuration pane you can add when installing Clover? Cause if so, I didn't install it, and most likely that's why I couldn't find it. I installed it now. BRB

My mistake pref pane sorry.

Try using the other firmwares for CloverEFI like BiosBlockIO. Sounds like the problem is happening before the GUI and I bet it's long timeouts for devices.

Just to confirm, this worked! Now my boot times are how they should be.

Thanks a bunch apianti.

:D  :D  :D  :D

In Clover CPU section,I changed Frequency to 3500,and Geekbench still 3086,which I change Frequency in BIOS,Geekbench shows 3520.And if I changed bus speed,and change Frequency seems override change Bus speed.After read  Clover wiki I think Clover CPU Frequency and Bus Speed set is a cosmetic patch,which override DMI to show not real working clock setting by BIOS.Right?By the way what's bus speed?FSB?CPU external clock?They are all relate to CPU base frequency,why make two option to set,when CPU frequency set and Bus speed set is not work?

By the way where DMI and SMBIOS data store?In CMOS?

In Clover CPU section,I changed Frequency to 3500,and Geekbench still 3086,which I change Frequency in BIOS,Geekbench shows 3520.And if I changed bus speed,and change Frequency seems override change Bus speed.After read  Clover wiki I think Clover CPU Frequency and Bus Speed set is a cosmetic patch,which override DMI to show not real working clock setting by BIOS.Right?By the way what's bus speed?FSB?CPU external clock?They are all relate to CPU base frequency,why make two option to set,when CPU frequency set and Bus speed set is not work?

By the way where DMI and SMBIOS data store?In CMOS?

Clover can write CPUFrequency into DMI but it can't make CPU run faster.

BusSpeed has more influence. I don't know all mechanics of this just observations. Resume is to set BusSpeed to be as close to real as possible. But again, Clover can not change real Speed. It informs kernel what is the speed.

BIOS can change real clocks, OEM dependent, I don't know how.

DMI and SMBIOS data stored in SystemTable created by UEFI BIOS. For legacy BIOS computers it was the task #1 to emulate this table to give an ability start OSX. Are you a programmer for further explanations?

• Like 1

Is your windows partition active?

No,but I active windows partition and even use windows MBR and PBR,then use USB clover to boot,still BCD error.

The problem is legacy problem, since he's using the legacy firmware to create a UEFI environment then booting legacy from ANOTHER disk, the firmware doesn't know which disk to boot from because it can't figure out which bios id belongs to which drive from UEFI. Therefore DL register is probably filled with trash or with booted disk. Hence, BCD error because BCD can not be found on that disk. When you boot from the disk windows is on, then it works, right? There's not really a solution to that, but you can reinstall windows in UEFI instead and this problem won't exist.

I have HDD and SSD and USB Flash Drive  in my computer,all install Clover_v2k_r2999 with same DSDT and config.plist.Via bios hard disk boot priority or press ESC when BIOS start to select which clover to boot,but seems like HDD clover doesn't boot.USB Flash Drive select FDD or HDD mode.SSD clover boot yosemite and windows 7 without any problem,but USB Flash Drive boot Windows 7 BCD error.I even try unplug mouse,only use keyboard,and unplug keyboard only use mouse(BIOS set halt on No errors)to use USB clover boot windows 7,and try use another USB flash drive installed Clover,plug in front panel usb or rear usb,still BCD error.And chameleon USB boot windows 7 without problem,but boot yosemite said can't find kernel.

By the way my usb really have problem.When I plug xbox360 controller and mouse in rear bottom-left usb,my keyboard in other usb can't enter BIOS by press DEL(keyboard works in clover and yosemite),but plug usb flash drive and USB PC camera keyboard in rear bottom-left usb doesn't have this problem.Seems like this is a first usb.And also plug in this usb clover boot windows 7 BCD error too.

Clover can write CPUFrequency into DMI but it can't make CPU run faster.

BusSpeed has more influence. I don't know all mechanics of this just observations. Resume is to set BusSpeed to be as close to real as possible. But again, Clover can not change real Speed. It informs kernel what is the speed.

BIOS can change real clocks, OEM dependent, I don't know how.

DMI and SMBIOS data stored in SystemTable created by UEFI BIOS. For legacy BIOS computers it was the task #1 to emulate this table to give an ability start OSX. Are you a programmer for further explanations?

Sorry for my lack of computer knowledge.Where is SystemTable stroage?In memory?I think SMBIOS data is from BIOS rom,and DMI Pool Data is from device rom,after boot data read from rom then storage in memory right?

Sorry for my lack of computer knowledge.Where is SystemTable stroage?In memory?I think SMBIOS data is from BIOS rom,and DMI Pool Data is from device rom,after boot data read from rom then storage in memory right?

As you are not a programmer the best answer will be "RAM". That's all for you.

• Like 1

As you are not a programmer the best answer will be "RAM". That's all for you.

I really want to be a great programmer like you,what is the first thing I need to do?And seems like clover doesn't work well using the legacy firmware to create a UEFI environment then booting legacy(windows SLIC.aml doesn't inject,USB clover doesn't boot windows7),and I find install clover in GPT in USB Flash Drive can be boot by BIOS(maybe hybrid GPT/MBR),so did I use clover in wrong way on legacy firmware,which should format my SSD to GPT then install clover and install Yosemite?

Clover boot time is very slow

In preparation for Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite and the desire to have iMessage working (otherwise I would just stay with Chameleon), I have been trying to get Clover to work.

I have always booted from a USB thumb drive with Chameleon (currently Chameleon 2.2svn r2378) and have been trying to prepare a Clover USB thumb drive to do the same. I like keeping my drive clean of any boot loaders and it gives me the opportunity to try new things without messing up my system.

Chameleon boots from the end of BIOS boot screen to OS in about :25 seconds. Clover r3021 is taking approx. 1:50 minutes!

It is taking at least :38 seconds to get from the end of BIOS boot screen to Clover GUI during which time there is an underscore (not blinking) on a black screen. Then Clover GUI shows up and it takes another 1:12 minutes to OS. Booting verbose tells me that he wait is during “Loading Drivers.” Logging is definitely set to "no.”

(BTW, both Chameleon and Clover have a 5 second delay for GUI)

Stepping back to Clover r2850 shaves about :10 seconds off the time when the screen is black with stationary cursor.

The only kexts that both Chameleon and Clover have in the appropriate folder is FakeSMC v6.1.1188 with plugins (ACPISensors, CPUSensors, GPUSensors, and LPCSensors.)

I installed Clover onto a GUID partitioned USB thumb drive formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with only two options:

1) Under Bootloader: Install boot0af in MBR (although I did try boot0ss at one point with no change)
2) Under CloverEFI:  CloverEFI 64-bits SATA

I did not install it to the EFI partition of the thumb drive as I didn’t see the need.

Can anyone shed some light on why Clover is taking so long to load and what I can do to fix it?

I've attached my config.plist and boot log.

r3021 boot log.rtf

config.plist.txt

Brilliant. Installing with BiosBlockIo fixed the issue of the :38 seconds after BIOS boot. It is now taking about 1 minute to get to OS. This is still more than twice as long as Chameleon but I guess doable in order to have a working iMessage/Facetime.

Any other suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Place HFSPlus-64.efi into drivers64/

I put the HFSPlus-64.efi from the driversUEFI64 folder into my drivers64 folder.

Right now I only have two folders drivers32 and drivers64. I deleted the UEFI folders since my system is not UEFI. Only FSinject-32.efi and HFSPlus.efi are in the drivers32 folder and FSInject-62.efi and HFSPlus-64.efi are in the drivers64 folder.

Boot time is still about 1 minute.

Slice, do you think you could add more acpi options for Windows and Linux? It would be nice to be able to drop BGRT in Windows, I hate the Windows boot screen with the manufacturer logo and would much prefer to have the normal windows logo. Also, current versions of the Linux kernel don't allow custom DSDT without building from the source, so it would be nice if we could have that functionality for Linux as well.

i see a lot of reference to biosblockio but no info other then this http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Installation where and how do you activate it. or do you have to build clover a certain way for this function. maybe wiki needs an update?

it's an option in the installer.