Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

@frankiee - are you using VboxHFS.efi? if so that may be the problem on 2988-2990 (haven't tried later). it wouldn't boot for me.  + adds a bogus windows entry. i replaced with HFSplus.efi and all was fine. i reported a similar problem a few posts back.

Another thing, Clover installer overwrites Windows UEFI bootloader (EFI/Boot/bootx64.efi) when installed to the EFI partition. (I'll assume that this is to maintain compatibility with older firmwares).

Yes, overwrites.

I found that Windows-EFI has two way to boot:

/EFI/boot/bootx64.efi

/EFI/microsoft/boot/bootmgfw.efi

So leave first one for Clover boot by default and second one to choose Windows from Clover GUI

details_windows.png

• Like 1

Seems like with r2988, my system cannot boot anymore. It hangs at the "boot file path ...." line.

Reverting to r2976 and I can boot again.

What happened?

same problem here but only with the installation on my SSD where I have installed clover to the EFI partition. 

I was able to boot into my Yosemite testbed installation where I have not touched the EFI partition. 

edit: installed 2976 again and I got it back to booting my SSD. The 2988 also added some phantom boot options to clover like "Boot from EFI windows something" and when I tried to boot from that, nothing happened and I had to reset the computer.

Is it just me , I dont know, but the latest clover version 2988 slown down the boot time by 4-5 seconds - before the progres bar appears it waits couple of seconds. WIth previos versions that was not the case, it showed the progress bar almost immediatelly.This I can confirm on my 2 hackintosh systems, hack Mac pro and hack macbookpro.

Ok, here it goes...

This is an MBR Windows (hence no bootmgfw.efi), so to change the name you need to create a Custom Legacy entry, but you're also hiding it by its path so delete it from GUI/Hide first:

0:112  0:000  Hiding entries with string Fill the guid here <—— this one does nothing, replace with the actual GUID you want to hide
0:112  0:000  Hiding entries with string HD(1,MBR,0x368FA560,0x800,0x12A18000) <—— this hides your windows partition, delete it
0:113  0:000  Hiding entries with string Recovery HD
So, considering this is your Windows partition:
1:958  0:000  14. Volume:
1:958  0:000    PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,MBR,0x368FA560,0x800,0x12A18000)
1:964  0:005    Result of bootcode detection: bootable Windows (vista,win)
1:964  0:000    hiding this volume
1:964  0:000    Volume 'Legacy HD1', LegacyOS 'Windows', LegacyIcon(s) 'vista,win', GUID = <null guid>

Add this to your config.plist in the GUI/Custom section:

<key>Legacy</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Title</key>
					<string>NAME YOU WANT FOR THE ENTRY</string> <—— change this line to the name you want to see
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>Windows</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>HD(1,MBR,0x368FA560,0x800,0x12A18000)</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>

Today i found out that clover does not detect any cd placed on my drive so i changed drive but the same result.First tried two versions of diskwarrior then a 10.6.7 SL and a windows 8 64bit.None of them appeared in the gui.

attachicon.gifboot-r2986-2014-11-02-03.58.07.zip

Since 2986 you need to install the ISO9660 driver for CloverEFI.

post-158318-0-51315600-1415206729_thumb.png

• Like 1

This is an MBR Windows (hence no bootmgfw.efi), so to change the name you need to create a Custom Legacy entry, but you're also hiding it by its path so delete it from GUI/Hide first:

0:112  0:000  Hiding entries with string Fill the guid here <—— this one does nothing, replace with the actual GUID you want to hide
0:112  0:000  Hiding entries with string HD(1,MBR,0x368FA560,0x800,0x12A18000) <—— this hides your windows partition, delete it
0:113  0:000  Hiding entries with string Recovery HD
So, considering this is your Windows partition:
1:958  0:000  14. Volume:
1:958  0:000    PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,MBR,0x368FA560,0x800,0x12A18000)
1:964  0:005    Result of bootcode detection: bootable Windows (vista,win)
1:964  0:000    hiding this volume
1:964  0:000    Volume 'Legacy HD1', LegacyOS 'Windows', LegacyIcon(s) 'vista,win', GUID = <null guid>

Add this to your config.plist in the GUI/Custom section:

<key>Legacy</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Title</key>
					<string>NAME YOU WANT FOR THE ENTRY</string> <—— change this line to the name you want to see
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>Windows</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>HD(1,MBR,0x368FA560,0x800,0x12A18000)</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>

Thank you Maniac10 !!!

I'm gonna try it and let you know!!!

EDIT: I did it... but it still shows "Boot Windows 7 From Legacy HD1"... and not only "Windows 7" as I did in my plist...

I'm sending my plist to you, can you tell me if I did something wrong?

Thank you, for all your help!!!

config.plist.zip

toleda if your using the new aptio fix version of clover or if your not sure upgrade to latest svn release. you can try sudo hibernate mode 57

Thanks. s/b: sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 57. Puts system in hibernate.  Trying to get regular sleep to work, hibernatemode 0.  Will try latest svn after 2988.  

Can anyone here comment on this:

I have 3 genuine Apple computers (MBP, MacBook and Mini). The mini is connected to the TV and serves as a media centre type thing. It is a 2009 model.

When I switched to Clover, it was to get iMessages up and running again. To avoid any issues with possible duplicate ROM and MLB values that someone else may use if I just generated them, I used the ROM & MLB from the Mac mini. I used Clover to generate an SMBios for an iMac 13,2 and used a randomly generated serial number. I may be remembering wrong but I think I also used the hardware UUID from the mini as well.

Anyway. iMessages has been working. I didn't have to contact Apple to unlock or anything. However, all of the advice and information from this forum and others around the Internet say that the MLB should be 17 characters in length; the MLB from my mini is only 13. There is also an entry in the boot log saying this MLB is not suitable for iMessages. Alas I said though it appears to be working ok.

So the first question is: is using a 14 character MLB from a 2009 Mac mini ok and will it continue to be ok?

Secondly: am I still ok using genuine ROM/MLB from a Mac mini, but then using an iMac13,2 SMBios with a generated serrla number?

I am wanting to ensure Apple doesn't cut me off because of some mismatching pieces of data. Cheers.

Really thank you slice for your clover,now my DFI DK P45 T2RS PLUS finally sleep and wake up works.Simply use

<key>FixDarwin_0002</key>
<true/>

But I don't know what is this like before.Clover wiki http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI said

Provide a set of corrections to DSDT to make your system "Darwin" to be identified as "Windows 2001", like most ACPI systems. More ACPI devices will work in this mode. Old way this bit also provide fixes FIX_WAK_200000, DeleteUnused_400000, FIX_ACST_4000000, FIX_S3D_2000000, AddPNLF_1000000, FIX_ADP1_800000.

What's Windows 2001?Windows XP?Seems like this can be done by DSDT.aml,how?
By the way I am cheated by a chinese clover user,he said I can use this to wake up from sleep

<key>HaltEnabler</key>
<true/>

That doesn't work.
I Googled for "DFI Sleep Wake up" and I get some chinese said AppleLPC and Chameleon EHCIacquireYesUSBLegacyOffYes and your topic http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/117029-usb-20-for-leopard-1057/,first I think doesn't wake up from sleep is a USB issue,so I use Clover Configurator to FixUSB and disable USB Legacy in BIOS,but doesn't work.Then I select all ACPI Fixes except FixShutdown(cause shutdown fail),and I get FixDarwin is the key to wake up from sleep.But my USB seems still have little issue,like USB clover can't boot windows 7 SP1 x64,use clover boot USB doesn't work on Windows 7 SP1 x64 Advanced Boot Options screen(can't select Windows 7 SP1 x64 safe mode)wake up from sleep xbox 360 controller LED blink(doesn't know if the xbox 360 controller driver is the problem) need to unplug and plug to stop blink.MacDrive 8 on win7 random let usb keyboard and mouse stop work,and let sleep doesn't work,uninstall Macdrive 8 problem vanish.
Anyway thank you a lot slice for great project clover and thank you a lot mackie100 for Clover Configurator.

Hi guys,

I have done a fresh install of Yosemite using Clover (previously used Chameleon then migrated to Clover - this is Clover all the way).

I was experimenting with not using EmuVariableUefi-64 to see if my motherboard would hold NVRAM values without it (assuming I have correctly understood how that file and NVRAM work).

I only noticed a problem when I came to changing the Clover GUI theme.

Firstly, whenever I try and select a theme to download from within Clover Configurator, I hit the 'Download/Update' button, and all it says is 'An error occurred during operation'.  I cannot find any logs to indicate what the problem is. 

The two themes that came with r2999 are Christmas and New Year (for some strange reason?), Christmas being the default theme.  I can swap and change between the two themes by pressing 'Apply NVRAM'.  As soon as I try and manually add another theme though, I have problems.

If for instance I copy the 'applestyle' theme from my old EFI partition I backed up, into the theme folder, and then set it using the NVRAM button, when it comes to loading the GUI boot loader, it ignores it and loads the Christmas theme again.  So I go back into Clover config and check that it has set it, and reboot and try again.  Only this time all I get is a line of pixels at the top of the screen in place of the GUI.

When I terminal nvram -p - Clover.Theme is set to 'applestyle'. 

I did try using EmuVariableUefi again to see if that made any difference.  Was unable to download themes again.  I noticed it creates nvram.plist at the root of the drive, and I did delete this several times to see if that made any difference.

Can anyone shed some light? Cheers

Hi guys,

I have done a fresh install of Yosemite using Clover (previously used Chameleon then migrated to Clover - this is Clover all the way).

I was experimenting with not using EmuVariableUefi-64 to see if my motherboard would hold NVRAM values without it (assuming I have correctly understood how that file and NVRAM work).

I only noticed a problem when I came to changing the Clover GUI theme.

Firstly, whenever I try and select a theme to download from within Clover Configurator, I hit the 'Download/Update' button, and all it says is 'An error occurred during operation'.  I cannot find any logs to indicate what the problem is. 

The two themes that came with r2999 are Christmas and New Year (for some strange reason?), Christmas being the default theme.  I can swap and change between the two themes by pressing 'Apply NVRAM'.  As soon as I try and manually add another theme though, I have problems.

If for instance I copy the 'applestyle' theme from my old EFI partition I backed up, into the theme folder, and then set it using the NVRAM button, when it comes to loading the GUI boot loader, it ignores it and loads the Christmas theme again.  So I go back into Clover config and check that it has set it, and reboot and try again.  Only this time all I get is a line of pixels at the top of the screen in place of the GUI.

When I terminal nvram -p - Clover.Theme is set to 'applestyle'. 

I did try using EmuVariableUefi again to see if that made any difference.  Was unable to download themes again.  I noticed it creates nvram.plist at the root of the drive, and I did delete this several times to see if that made any difference.

Can anyone shed some light? Cheers

Hi guys my system has really slow boot, slow shutdown and slow restart time. Couple of days ago Im playing with OC settings on my BIOS I can't make it and turn my Default BIOS setting after that every boot time is slow. I found a couple of solution and tried it but I can't make it faster. Problem is still continue. What are you suggest for me. Before this problem my Boot time been always 25 seconds. But now almost 1 minute sometimes more late.. Im Attached my boot log...

These are solution I tried; But these solutions one them for Mountain Lion others for Mavericks.

My system is Yosemite with latest Clover and 250GB Samsung Evo SSD... Any help would be nice Thank you...

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

To clear your kext cache open terminal and enter the following:

sudo chown root:admin /
enter your password
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches
Open System Preferences
Open Startup Disk
Ensure Startup Disk is still set correctly
Reboot
You may not see an improvement on the first shutdown/startup after you have completed the above method but after that you should do.

A second method has been brought to my attention so thought I would add it. You will be entering these commands in to Terminal again:

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.coreservices.appleevents ExitTimeOut -int 1
sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.securityd ExitTimeOut -int 1
sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder ExitTimeOut -int 1
sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.diskarbitrationd ExitTimeOut -int 1
sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.coreservices.appleid.authentication ExitTimeOut -int 1
When you have done this open disk utility from /Applications/Utilities and repair permissions on the disk that has Mavericks installed.

Edit: Updated latest v2999 but problem still continue...

bootlog.log.txt.zip