Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Thank you thats the trick for boot time.

But I have also problem with shutdown time. When I shutdown machine screen close itself almost couple of seconds but machine close after 40 or more seconds.. is that normal or there is a trick for that?

Listen me friend have you this problem with Yosemite or Maverics?

@ Hi sergey how are you?

Me too have this problem with yosemite ...

When I shutdown machine screen close itself almost couple of seconds but machine close after 40 or more seconds.( also with restart )

But with maveriks all work superfast

mhmm

I am trying to install Yosemite. When I choose "Install OS X Yosemite" in the Clover menu I get the following on the screen (using the -v boot flag):

efiboot loaded from device: Acpi(...)/Pci(...)/Usb(...)/Usb(...)/HD(...)

boot file path: .IABootFiles\boot.efi

root device uuid is ...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What am I doing wrong? The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5.

I would be extremely grateful for a bit of help here. I've spent many days ready all the guides I could find. No matter what I do, I get this screen :(

@ Hi sergey how are you?

Me too have this problem with yosemite ...

When I shutdown machine screen close itself almost couple of seconds but machine close after 40 or more seconds.( also with restart )

But with maveriks all work superfast

mhmm

+1 here, it restarting normally just stays on for 30 seconds after monitor says good bay. 

+1 here, it restarting normally just stays on for 30 seconds after monitor says good bay. 

Research Mavericks and MdnsReponder and Yosemite Launchd - they work differently. There is a thread here about it.

Also consider disabling Clover Installer optional RC scripts which use Mdnsrespoder and don't work in Yosemite - check your console log.

Guys, from a few versions now, I've got this weird issue with Clover. It seems like my hw memory and CPU frequency are not quite properly recognized.

In About This Mac, it shows CPU clocked at 3.19 GHz instead of 3.2 GHz and the RAM on my GPU at 2047 MB instead of 2048 MB.

Why is this? Though I agree that this is not a major issue or anything, this issue has been here for at least 3-4 versions of Clover and even though initially I thought that this is a bug somewhere in Clover, now I'm starting to think that maybe I did something that caused it.

In case that makes any difference, I'm using official Nvidia drivers, checked nvda_drv=1 in config (though it works just as well without it) and unchecked anything related to Graphics Injection, since I don't need it. Still...if this had anything to do with the graphics, it still doesn't explain the issue with the CPU readings.

So, does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it?

Research Mavericks and MdnsReponder and Yosemite Launchd - they work differently. There is a thread here about it.

Also consider disabling Clover Installer optional RC scripts which use Mdnsrespoder and don't work in Yosemite - check your console log.

Mhmm where is this topic?

The nvidia web drivers cause this here as well. If you disable them with nvda_drv=0 your VRAM should report as 2048 again. For the CPU, I don't know.

Thanks, man. Well, unfortunately, that didn't make any difference to me. With or without nvda_drv set to 0/1/not set, I still get 2047 MB in my GPU and the CPU freq is still 3.19 GHz. I wish someone had any idea about what's going on here. If I'm not mistaken, this issue occurred long before installing the Nvidia web drivers, so I honestly don't think that's what's causing it. Also, assuming it is, it still doesn't explain the readings on the CPU. And why exactly -1MB? Why not 2MB or 3MB? Is it just a coincidence?

Please post your boot.log so we can see what's going on, CPU speed being a little different probably is just a timing issue, maybe your CPU just lagged a little bit at beginning because of slightly different code generation during CPU detection. +-0.01 is not really that big of a deal... But the RAM should be detected correctly no matter what, not sure why it would randomly subtract 1 megabyte.

Hello

boot.log attached. And this thing is not random. It always displays -1MB on the RAM value and -10MHz (if my math is right) on the CPU frequency. As I said, this happened starting with an update to Clover...a few versions ago.

boot.log.zip

I see the same TSC "error" with my i7 2600k. It's overclocked through turbo multipliers, nothing else:

4:284  0:000  CPU Vendor = 756E6547 Model=206A7
4:284  0:000  The CPU supported turbo
4:284  0:000  BrandString = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
4:284  0:000  MSR 0xE2 before patch 1E000403
4:284  0:000  MSR 0xE4              00020414
4:284  0:000  MSR 0xCE              00001000_70012200
4:284  0:000  non-usable FLEX_RATIO = F0000
4:284  0:000  corrected FLEX_RATIO = E0000
4:284  0:000  MSR 0x1B0             00000000
4:284  0:000  FSBFrequency=129MHz DMIvalue=100000kHz
4:284  0:000  Corrected FSBFrequency=100MHz
4:284  0:000  Vendor/Model/Stepping: 0x756E6547/0x2A/0x7
4:284  0:000  Family/ExtFamily: 0x6/0x0
4:284  0:000  MaxDiv/MinDiv: 34.0/16
4:284  0:000  Turbo: 44/44/45/45
4:284  0:000  Features: 0xBFEBFBFF
4:284  0:000  Threads: 8
4:284  0:000  Cores: 4
4:284  0:000  FSB: 100 MHz
4:284  0:000  CPU: 4400 MHz
4:284  0:000  TSC: 4400 MHz
4:284  0:000  PIS: 400 MHz
4:509  0:000  Calibrated TSC frequency =3410014023 =3410MHz
11:918  0:00  Finally: Bus=100294kHz CPU=3410MHz

About your cpu speed, not sure what's up there's some weird stuff, like it says your TSC is running at 3400MHz. That's not really possible unless the firmware somehow misconfigured your CPU. I think maybe you did change some firmware settings.

0:749  0:000  FSBFrequency=106MHz DMIvalue=100000kHz
0:749  0:000  Corrected FSBFrequency=100MHz
0:749  0:000  Vendor/Model/Stepping: 0x756E6547/0x3C/0x3
0:749  0:000  Family/ExtFamily: 0x6/0x0
0:749  0:000  MaxDiv/MinDiv: 32.0/8
0:749  0:000  Turbo: 36/36/36/36
0:749  0:000  Features: 0xBFEBFBFF
0:749  0:000  Threads: 4
0:749  0:000  Cores: 4
0:749  0:000  FSB: 100 MHz
0:749  0:000  CPU: 3400 MHz
0:749  0:000  TSC: 3400 MHz
0:749  0:000  PIS: 400 MHz

but

10:124  0:000  Finally: Bus=99768kHz CPU=3192MHz

so my guess is you have also changed bus speed in your config.plist.

10:501  0:000  NVidia GFX injection not set 

Nothing is being done with your graphics, so what ever is happening is probably either because your cpu is slightly off or because something changed in the detection of the card in the kext drivers.

I don't think I changed anything CPU related in Clover config... And I surely didn't change the Bus Speed... Also, as I said, this issue was not always there. Something changed. I just can't figure out what.

post-1303722-0-07117600-1415482082_thumb.png

Hmmm strange, can you revert back to your previous version of clover and see if the problem persists or is gone?

I can... I just don't know how many versions do I have to go back. :)) Maybe something around 2737.. or something? I don't even know where should I get that version. Since it doesn't seem to be on sourceforge.

Update: I reinstalled 2747 on a memory stick. And...I got the same behavior, with or without the default config. I also tried using the default Yosemite video drivers instead of the Nvidia web drivers. Same thing. Also, I reset my UEFI settings to default optimized just for fun. Same result. So, there might be something else here...

with Yosemite restart, and shutdown faster than Maverick

Fabio

Hmm strange! What is your restart and shutdown time?

How to disable Clover Installer optional RC scripts?

Mhmm where is this topic?

Did you find this thread?

Hmm strange! What is your restart and shutdown time?

How to disable Clover Installer optional RC scripts?

Did you find this thread?

1. startup < 20 seconds,  restart/shutdown about the same perhaps less.

I would always suggest a clean install with Yosemite and reinstalling all your apps individually if they are not from the Apps store, as slow shutdown might be due to nvram or badly installed app unable to complete.. Again your console log should give some indication of what is happening with what. Also if you are using  kext-dev-mode=1 then this might lead to issues on shutdown. Not sure as I do not use or need it.

2. Clover installer/customize uncheck install optional install scripts. Your etc folder should show the script as disabled. Mine shows "70.disable_sleep_proxy_client.local.disabled"

3. Pokenguyen has mentioned conflicts in Yosemite between MdnsResponder and launchd and the differences noted progressing thru the progressing Yosemite DP builds. There are also other posts at IM and other websites - google is your friend.

Edit. You can have a look here although the thread refers to RTC alarms (something different)  but makes reference to some of the changes between Mavericks and Yosemite in respect of Launchd etc. But this is about a lan connection and not shutdown issues. which is likely due to a "bad" kext that Yosemite cannot close before it times out hence the shutdown delay.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300072-wake-reason-rtc-alarm-how-to-deactivate/page-3

the Boatman, to me this is the problem with clean install, no software installed, and my disk Yosemite does not have installed on clover, but rather do it from pen drive with clover, and I have scripts for optional ... me is not problem of Yosemite, but I think it's due to something about hardware, I'm still doing tests to figure out where I can find the solution

Ahahahahaha 

Resolved problem.... :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

Magnifico is greattt

Restart and shutdown now super fast on Yo

Thank you Magnifico for your help. My times are incredible now...

Solution: Delete GenericUSB.kext from Extension Folder.

Before;

Restart Time

00:01:03.45

ShutDown Time
00:00:33.60

Boot Time
00:00:36.38

After;

Restart Time

00:00:33.13

ShutDown Time
00:00:09.33

Boot Time
00:00:36.25

My boot times maybe looks huge but actually is not. Cause Im using H80i cooler and when you first boot computer cooler fans spining fast then turn normal speed and boot start after this normal fan speed. After this normal fan speed boot time looks like 15 second...
  • Like 1

I am experimenting with Clover's SLIC loading function and trying to load a Dell Server 2.2 SLIC to activate Server 2012 (for educational purposes only :), I much prefer OSX).

After placing SLIC.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows and rebooting into Windows, I observed that SLIC version, Public Key and Marker were unchanged from my stock BIOS SLIC (Dell M09, ver 2.1) but the XSDT & RSDT are successfully changed to Dell PE_SC3:

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Activation cannot succeed until XSDT=RSDT=PubKey=Marker, then loading the corresponding SLIC certificate and key........

post-236960-0-96551100-1415561127_thumb.png

In my case use daz loader RSDT=PubKey=Maker is enough to activate Windows 7,no need XSDT.However After placing SLIC.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows and rebooting into Windows, I observed that SLIC Dump ToolKit said SLIC doesn't exit.

Seems like SLIC inject is not success.And my Clover in HFS+ can't log,in FAT32 clover won't boot,How to use clover activate Windows7?

attachicon.gifSLIC Dump ToolKit.png

In my case use daz loader RSDT=PubKey=Maker is enough to activate Windows 7,no need XSDT.However After placing SLIC.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows and rebooting into Windows, I observed that SLIC Dump ToolKit said SLIC doesn't exit.

Seems like SLIC inject is not success.And my Clover in HFS+ can't log,in FAT32 clover won't boot,How to use clover activate Windows7?

That happens, because the SLIC Dump Toolkit doesn't support Windows UEFI installs. Try anything else like AIDA64 and you'll see that the SLIC is actually there.

Yeah the problem is kext GenericUsb .....

and I knew that Zenith has no time for his project about GenericUsbKext

GenericUsb is not part of Yosemite so your slow boot must have been caused by you adding a 3rd party kext so your statement below was not correct?

the Boatman, to me this is the problem with clean install, no software installed, and my disk Yosemite does not have installed on clover, but rather do it from pen drive with clover, and I have scripts for optional ... me is not problem of Yosemite, but I think it's due to something about hardware, I'm still doing tests to figure out where I can find the solution

help for CloverGrower... 

I downloaded the latest clovergrower thinking that would fix up things. but still get an error 

sorry - this program has been built without plugin support

what am i doing wrong with cloverGrower?

Processing meta-data ........ done!

Building ... /Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf [X64]

make: *** [/Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull/OUTPUT/BasePcdLibNull.lib] Error 1

Building ... /Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePrintLib/BasePrintLib.inf [X64]

build.py...

: error 7000: Failed to execute command

make tbuild [/Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrower-master/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/X64/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull]