[HowTo] Update to 10.4.7 from 10.4.6 (Intel ONLY)

Korrupted

256 posts in this topic

The blue tint only shows up when i have quartz2dextreme enabled.

That's what I thought too... but it showed up after updating to 10.4.7.. Q2E was off.

Anyways, Q2E is back on (permanently), as the speed increase is much welcomed.. I'll deal with the occasional discoloration in rosetta stuff. :gun:

The update for straight people is almost ready, i've only 1 framework left to crack the worse one coregraphics with 89 cpuid checks , i swear that who ever coded it deserves to die with aids after being sodomized by a rhino. Right now i've it working with 10.4.6 coregraphics

Myzar..you're killing me! :gun:

Now here's what would be really great: an updater with a custom install button where we can *choose* if we want to install XTs or not ..

How much effort would that be, and how can that be done? Merely using Pacifist adapting the existing updater?

This update work fine for me.

I just update from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 using this update.

The process that was post on the first page work flawlessly on my system.

It is simple and intuitive.

QE/CI work as in 10.4.6

Quicktime work

DVD player work

sound work

network work

connection to windows server work.

Overall the system seems to fuction fine as before but a bit snappier that 10.4.6

Thumb Up for Jas and every one who work on this.

Here is my system configuration.

Dell inspiron 9200 laptop

1.8G pentium M

1G DRAM

80G HD

Partition into 4 20G for XP/Vista beta2/Ubuntu Linux/OSX86 10.4.7 using Grub as os switcher

ATI Radeon9700 mobility with 128 MB VRAM

WUXGA+ 1920x1200 natural res on XP and Ubuntu linux

currently running 1280x1024x32 on 10.4.7 (try callisto/koverg/boris didn't get any better)

QE/CI supported.

Broadcom 44x wired work

intel centrino ipw2200bg doesn't work

USB/1394 recognized (haven't test yet)

SD card doesn't work

PC card not recognized

Sigmatel sound chip work

NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A work (haven't test burning yet)

Here is my system configuration:

Graphics: currently running 1280x1024x32 on 10.4.7, QE/CI work as in 10.4.6

DVD player NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A work

Sigmatel sound chip work

network work

Broadcom 44x wired work

connection to windows server work

Dude, are you aware that you have most likely the most compatible Notebook out there .. :) ??

ive have a couple of problems with the finder and mplayer since the update

finder just grinds to a halt requireing a relaunch and mplayer give me a beachball... forever!! ;)

im trying a few cleanups see what i can sort out..

Thanks Jas

You're the master

It works perfectly

I just update from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 using this update.

The process that was post on the first page work flawlessly on my system.

I'm Using Asus P5GD-2X

All Device works like before, X550 still with CE&CI

TIA,

Egwan

Adium X keeps crashing now... :(

Yeah mine crashes too :D Do you have the encarta msn bot on your msn list? If so remove it as there's been reports that this fixes the problem. I believe the dev team of adium is also working on a fix. Some say it's a sync prob.

Has anyone tried installing the NeoPheus (Borisbadenov method) ATI 1600/1800 installer after this update? I need to know their results because my 10.4.6 updated with Jas 10.4.7 went down after running the BorisBadenov X1600/X1800 Full Support Solution pkg and I need help repairing. After the installing/running the boris auto pkg/script it asked for a reboot. While rebooting I saw the grey screen and the loading screen and then the screen went black. I already tried the uninstall method for this pkg but that did not work. I also reverted back to the 10.4.6 kexts which I had backed up before doing any updates. I repaired permisions and the ran a prebind but it still did not help. I think it might have to dowith the framebuffers. So if anyone is /has been in my boat and got around this pleasel et me know how you did it.

Thanks in advance.

Please help! I am trying to avoid a re-install from scratch.

BugsBunny

Yesterday, 05:02 AM

Post #134

Lowly Mac Mini

QUOTE(supraTT @ Jun 30 2006, 12:23 PM)

Here is my system configuration:

Graphics: currently running 1280x1024x32 on 10.4.7, QE/CI work as in 10.4.6

DVD player NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A work

Sigmatel sound chip work

network work

Broadcom 44x wired work

connection to windows server work

Dude, are you aware that you have most likely the most compatible Notebook out there .. ?

Well I didn't know how compatible is my system is. Since some people have report that they can get callisto/koverg/boris to work on their system. But I have no luck at all.

I also read that some people report failure and some report success but I couldn't tell whether it would work for my system since many people didn't report what their system are. I think people should report what kind the system they have so that readers can gauge whether it would on their system.

I installed the JaS.10.4.7 update and after install it stops at the loading Mac OSX screen that normally loads a blue line across and get into my GUI but now after install it hangs here and give me a beach ball looking cuser and stops working also my keyboards stops responding. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Please help...

I hope this release will work good with my JaS install. Anyone that has JaS install with their AMD install, Please post yer results.. Gotta know.. I will check it out when I get home.. Also Electronicsdr has a post above about him getting the beachball curser that is odd.. was there any errors during your install? Anyone know what could cause this problem I notice he is using the JaS install as well.. BTW: nice sig... lol did ya cut and paste?

I hope this release will work good with my JaS install. Anyone that has JaS install with their AMD install, Please post yer results.. Gotta know.. I will check it out when I get home.. Also Electronicsdr has a post above about him getting the beachball curser that is odd.. was there any errors during your install? Anyone know what could cause this problem I notice he is using the JaS install as well.. BTW: nice sig... lol did ya cut and paste?

You simply cannot install this for AMD, because the maxxuss amd-prepatches are missing here. all the cpu id checks for a bunch of system relevant apps are missing in the intel release, because they don't need them.

//ah antman it's you. Well I think then you already know that. Did not read your nick while quoting, sry :lol:

Hi,

just found an AMD updater at TPB.

Myzar is it yours?

Just to make sure that it works.

Can confirm that it is real, and it is working.

Just installed it on a Venice 64 :lol:

You simply cannot install this for AMD, because the maxxuss amd-prepatches are missing here. all the cpu id checks for a bunch of system relevant apps are missing in the intel release, because they don't need them.

//ah antman it's you. Well I think then you already know that. Did not read your nick while quoting, sry :lol:

lol.. no prob.. I was inquiring for electronicsdr on his post he has a intel processor and used the update and I saw he shows in his sig he has a JaS install of 10.4.6 and he was getting tha beach ball cursor.. I am just conserned because I have same install and when I tried myzars release of the latest security patch 03 for 10.4.6 I had simular problem and now am wodering if it is not a amd issue but something conflicting on the JaS install.. I definetly would not install this update (the intel one) cause it isnt for amd but when I get home i will def try the AMD one. hopefully it will werk with the JaS install.. But I was only talking bout electronicsdr's prob.. :hysterical: