[HowTo] Update to 10.4.7 from 10.4.6 (Intel ONLY)

Korrupted

256 posts in this topic

JaS' 10.4.7 update works fine on my HP NC6000 (Pentium M, Radeon Mobility 9600).

Just copying the kexts with Pacifist *DOES NOT* work well on my setup. If I copy the Radeon9700 kext, the login screen doesn't appear, if I use the old ones I get the blue screen, but still no login window.

Also, the IOPlatformPluginFamily kext bombs out with a linker error, but replacing that with the old one didn't help with the blue screen.

Didn't have time to look any further, just wanted to warn the inexperienced guys out here to be careful!

terminal under utilities :D , type as shown.

Installed Jas 10.4.7 and the kext from Apple, broke the GMA900, had to use 10.4.5. other than that everything works great. Big thanks to Jas and Dax. :(

Great! Installed with no problems. And the mail enhancements are great. I have over 26,000 items in my email. And honestly the mail client has been getting very sluggish. Now it just pops open and email access is just so much quicker. They did make some changes for sure in this app.

All my other applications seem the same right now. Thanks again

**NOTE: THIS IS FOR INTEL PROCESSORS ONLY CURRENTLY. ALSO YOU CAN **ONLY** UPDATE FROM 10.4.6. THIS IS JUST THE INTEL UPDATE, NOT THE COMBO UPDATE.**

Credit goes to JaS, for his excellent work on this release.

It's simple.

1. Download the updater from demonoid.com(do NOT post links here).

2. Run the installer.

3. Repair permissions(with disk utility in /applications/utilities, or through terminal[diskutil repairpermissions /]).

4. sudo update_prebinding -root / -force

5. reboot.

What's in this update?

1. The essential files to upgrade from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7

2. Semjaza's decrypts(finder, etc)

3. 10.4.7 Frameworks

What's *not* in this update?

1. AMD Support

2. 10.4.7 Kexts(get those from apple, lazy people :( )

Just Updated. A few things to watch out for. I installed the JaS update then installed the Extensions from the Apple Installer.

1. If you use GMA950 ..you need to backup your AppleIntelGMA950*.kext files before you do. Also make sure you back up your AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext as well.

Essentially you need the AppleIntelGMA950*.kext files from the 10.4.6

and the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from 10.4.3.

2. Also if you are using AppleHDA.kext, restore the 10.4.3 one for Audio.

After this I found that things seem to be working as they were, or atleast I think it does. Will post if anything else fails.

Also on a side note, its not that the GMA950 from 10.4.7 does not load, it does, but you get a garbled screen. One needs to study the kext's further to see what the difference in the code was.

For me the GMA950 kext "works". But it just doesn't load QI/CE :(

AppleIntegratedFramebuffer you must use the 10.4.3 one.

AppleHDA.kext you must use the 10.4.3 one too.

All the other kexts loads w/o problems.

(945G + Realtek 880 + GMA950)

Ok, tried it again, got the garbled screen.. guys, dont use the new kexts with the GMA950. Can be easily reverted back though if you made a backup.

Also, i got a linker error with IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext, replacing with the old one gets me the same error, but the system works fine.. weird.

Are you saying that after the 10.4.7 update you have to use the 10.4.3 versions of those kexts? The 10.4.6 versions work on my GMA950 without modification already...would I have to downrev to 10.4.3 kexts for video if I go to 10.4.7 for the other kexts?

I installed Jas 10.4.7 at the office (Asrock P4D915GL) without any problem except the GMA 900, but my home machine Asus P5LD2-VM DH has 2 issues (at least), the GMA950 do not work properly and the sound card not work at all, so be careful on what you update. anyway both are fixable, just take some time. Guess that's why this si call Hackintosh! :(

Just Updated. A few things to watch out for. I installed the JaS update then installed the Extensions from the Apple Installer.

1. If you use GMA950 ..you need to backup your AppleIntelGMA950*.kext files before you do. Also make sure you back up your AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext as well.

Essentially you need the AppleIntelGMA950*.kext files from the 10.4.6

and the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from 10.4.3.

2. Also if you are using AppleHDA.kext, restore the 10.4.3 one for Audio.

After this I found that things seem to be working as they were, or atleast I think it does. Will post if anything else fails.

Also on a side note, its not that the GMA950 from 10.4.7 does not load, it does, but you get a garbled screen. One needs to study the kext's further to see what the difference in the code was.

All you need to replace is AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from a previous version. You can use the AppleIntelGMA950.kext from 10.4.7

@Bart86 you only need AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from 10.4.3, you can use AppleIntelGMA950.kext from 10.4.6

@hanschien Using the 10.4.7 GMA950 kext gives graphic corruption. You only can see random artifacts =(

I had updated from a Myzar 10.4.6 installation earlier today using the JaS patch. Result: after typing my password at the login window, I get the beachball and the system just hangs. The only way I can log in is by booting into safe boot.

Would updating the prebinding data via Darwin fix this? I've already repaired permissions while logged in as a root user.

@Bart86 you only need AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from 10.4.3, you can use AppleIntelGMA950.kext from 10.4.6

@hanschien Using the 10.4.7 GMA950 kext gives graphic corruption. You only can see random artifacts =(

Stange - I wonder if thats indicitive of a kernel dependency/incompatibility.

Ok, update installed without any troubles.. works great :(

Now.. the questions is, which kexts, if any, should I update?

I have (According to system profiler anyways..) an Intel GMA 900 GFX chipset.. Has QE support since I installed the 10.4.3 kexts as per the thread here somewhere.. don't want to loose that 8)