[HowTo] Update to 10.4.7 from 10.4.6 (Intel ONLY)

Korrupted

256 posts in this topic

Whenever I tried doing the Semjaza update it froze at 50% optimizing volume, like most people. Would it be the same thing if I took the decrypts from semjaza's package and put them into the JaS package using Pacifist?

(Or, am I just not following the instructions from Semjaza correctly, by taking the PKG from the Apple DMG and installing that?)

Thanks

mmm ok i dont want to dive in without being sure, i have changed all the kexts, except the ones from ATI

neither i replaced ipfirewall and system

applehda ? AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext ?

please help u just repaired permisions but havent reset yet...

Looks like i screw it, im writting for my osx box but im having peculiar problems ...

first, System profiler closes when i ask for extensions

second, at start osk says: (once insde OSX AQUA GUI) ioplatformpluginfamily.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used

and more

ioplatformpluginfamily.kext /contents/plugins/ACPI_SMC_PlatfromPlugin.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used

and 2 more

Pvsnet.kext was instaled improperly and cannot be used

hypervisor.kext was installed improperly and cannote be used

ok the important thing is

this is the way i made the changes:

i erased all the kexts from the system/library/extensions dir except system, ipfirewall and teh ATI kexts for my ati x1600 , after that i copied from my 1047 backup dir all the 10.4.7 extensions except the ones above mentioned (just copy paste) and tehn i repaired permissions

i do no use any command in terminal, should i?

PLEASE HELP!!!

back to 10.4.6 kexts, system profiler keep dissapering under extensions, mm maybe it was broken before..

should i apply jas 10.4.7 on top of semjaza decrypted?

btw system is much more slow now starting up than with the 10.4.7 kexts

Here's a plunge. I'm installing the semjaza 10.4.7 update using the intel combo updater from apple on a myzar 10.4.5 system as I write this....

This could be bad.

:whistle:

edit: update! went smooth as butter.

system actually feels a little better as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Little help req'd:

Had 10.4.6 from myzar installed perfectly. Started experiencing mouse tearing. Thought upgrading to 10.4.7 might help.

Now left with BSOD even using ext monitor. System boots, nouse icon appears, mouse icon disappears after short peroid, system remains at blue screen on both screens.

Sys Spec: Toshiba M70DL3, GMA915

Attempted running original 10.4.6 myzar install DVD and repair permissions. Repaired ok but same result ...BSOD

As usual, any help greatly appreciated.

Everything learnt thusfar thru wiki,blogs and google. Don't kill it with your response orI'll undoubtedly ask for repeated explanations..:P

Cheers

Try going to Demonoid and searching "SemjaZa"

I tried already but found nothing! ;)

I like to be a member of Demonoid but I dont know how!

Can Somebody help me?

I just tried it again myself, and the torrent you are seeking is the only thing that comes up. Be sure you spelled it correctly.

There is a thread on this board specifically for asking for Demonoid invites. Use it.

this says semjaza's decrpts are included, but then why are some people installing them as well. Is it becasue these are the 10.4.6 decrpts

When this update was published, only the 10.4.6 decrypts were available. SemjaZa published the 10.4.7 decrypts later.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone knows if this update is likely to improve this scenario:

I have dual Xeon nocona's installed, these definately support SSE3. However, after installation of 10.4.6 using the hotiso, the system hangs when trying to boot. Can be rectified by replacing mach_kernel with the installer's SSE2 patched version. I've since tried the SSE3 patch etc, but they all hang my system.

My system works beautifully now with the SSE2 patched kernel but I can only wonder how well it could work if SSE3 was supported ! Is this likely an issue with my CPU or other related hardware?

Ive run a CPU checker and it detects my CPU as supporting SSE3, "About this Mac" shows my CPU's correctly detected, but SSE3 is not among the instruction sets it supports.

Also, I know this is also highly unlikely but is there ever any chance my LSILogic Ultra320 card will ever be supported? It seems a terrible waste to have 15k hard disks just sitting there missing out on the whole MacOS experience!

Would truly appreciate any help/ideas...

Thanks in advance.

My Setup:

2x Intel Xeon Nocona 3.6Ghz 800mhz FSB 1mb Cache

Tyan Thunder i7525 Motherboard <on board LAN and sound works perfect>

2.5Gb Registered DDR2 Memory

HP Branded/LSI Logic Single Channel PCI-X U320 Controller Card

HP 32Gb 15k rpm Ultra 320 Hard Disk <only visible in windows>

Seagate 80gb 7200rpm IDE Hard Disk <OSX 10.4.6 installed>

NVidia GeForce 6200 with Turbo Cache (PCI Express) <fully supported in OSX at 1280x1024>

Just wondering if anyone knows if this update is likely to improve this scenario:

Also, I know this is also highly unlikely but is there ever any chance my LSILogic Ultra320 card will ever be supported?

All of the OSx86 packages use a kernel from 10.4.4. There is nothing newer.

It is doubtful that your Ultra card will ever be supported.

All of the OSx86 packages use a kernel from 10.4.4. There is nothing newer.

so i can forget about SSE3 support for this particular chip? is it more a configuration issue or just some sort of incompatibility issue that is likely to be fixed if there were a (fixed) kernel update?

It is doubtful that your Ultra card will ever be supported.

i will just have to live with this sad sad 7200rpm drive for now then..it hasnt ruined my mac experience so far!

thanks for your insanely fast reply (no pun intended) - very unexpected.

Just to let you know, I have installed the Jas 10.4.7 patch without any hiccups.

Did not notice any apparent changes in speed though, but I guess its still early times yet..

As expected, no change to SSE3 support, its just not there.. :(

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: jMac

Machine Model: ADP2,1

CPU Type: Intel® Xeon CPU

Number Of CPUs: 4

CPU Speed: 3.6 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM EST

Memory: 2.5 GB

Bus Speed: 3.2 GHz

Boot ROM Version: S2676 REV 2.01 (Phoenix Technologies Ltd.)

Noticed some minor changes during boot, the boot graphics used to garble up before clearing and becoming normal again, this no longer happens.

So i guess it was worth the 100mb download.

Thanks to the guys that make this available (Jas, Myzar etc).. apple should not be worried by us using their software on pc hardware.. if anything the urge to give up my rig and trade in for a mac has never been so strong!