[HowTo] Update to 10.4.7 from 10.4.6 (Intel ONLY)

Korrupted

256 posts in this topic

Sorry to bother, JaS, but I'm getting an error message "error 32512 running /usr/libexec/oah/oah750 -prebindOAH" when executing the command "sudo update_prebinding -root / -force" in my terminal. Now I don't dare to reboot cuz I'm afraid this error may lead to my Hackintosh dead and reinstall will be needed. Could you help me on this? Thanks very much.

Now I have very little free space on my Apple system partition (300MB+).

I installed every kext that was in the Apple update, if it was in there it's in my system

yeah me too.

seems to be working. and the finder's verion is 10.4.6 ... it was always 10.4.3 also in 10.4.6, wasnt it?

yeah me too.

seems to be working. and the finder's verion is 10.4.6 ... it was always 10.4.3 also in 10.4.6, wasnt it?

The finder is samjaza's decrypted 10.4.6 finder in 10.4.7 update.

I guess 4.7 finder is not decrypted yet.

It seems like none of the encrypted systemfiles (translate, translated, finder, etc) are from 10.4.7, but instead they are older versions.

I wounder why loginwindow.app is included at all since it is not included in the MacOSXUpd10.4.7Intel.pkg downloaded from Apple.

I think it is great that Jas released this so fast, but I find it a little bit sad that it is not stated clearly that the decrypted files are from older releases...

I will wait for somebody (Semjaza?) to decrypt these files before I apply the update.

Thank you to everybody active on this forums for your great efforts!

sorry to say that, but this new installation has nothing to deal with 10.4.7 until u use the 10.4.7 kexts...

im waiting for Semjaza patch

Ok, now that I have had my 6hr sleep after a 29hr shift, I can finally post a rational reply.

You are correct to imply that this is not an update to the core OS. What JaS has done is strip out that problematic files and redistribute the ones that will work for the general public. The kexts that work on this update works for those resembling the closest to Apple's hardware specifications.

This will never be an update because of certain core services and kernel is a version behind. Unless Maxxuss or Semjaza decrypts those, don't kid yourselves to believe that is an update.

uname -a:

Mine: Darwin Kernel Version 8.4.1: Tue Jan 3 18:23:53 PST 2006; root:xnu-792.7.90.obj~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Current: Darwin Kernel Version 8.7.1: Wed Jun 7 16:19:56 PDT 2006; root:xnu-792.9.72.obj~2/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Awesome work guys.. I'll update later this evening when I get back (Currently running 10.4.6)..

Just to make sure I have the procedure down.. D/L the JAS hacked 10.4.7 update, install, d/l the apple 10.4.7 update and extract the kexts with pacifist... install the extracted kexts, run the 'optimization' commands in the OP here, and reboot?

The great thing about JaS' patch is that you don't have to re-download the files after core services get patched. The hackers, JaS and myzar know which are safe and which aren't to redistribute. So if the core system files ever do get patched, I think it's only a small download away. Certainly smaller than 100mb.

appleguru, just real the included instructions in the archive.