[HowTo] Update to 10.4.7 from 10.4.6 (Intel ONLY)

Korrupted

256 posts in this topic

the same as with hanschien and appleguru, i have the blue (for me it was more like purple actually) tint problem on some rosetta apps. the ones that i've found are pixadex and toast titanium 7.0. word mac is actually okay. the discoloration on the window just appears, but if i force the screen to "redraw" the window (i.e. by running another window over it or minimizing and maximizing again) it's gone.

not a big problem, but a tad annoying not to have a perfect hackintosh =)

any idea on this? any help is appreciated.

thanks,

-d

that's odd. my reply post went thru but i can't find it anywhere on the forum. so here's my 2nd try.

the same as with hanschien and appleguru, i have the blue (for me it was more like purple actually) tint problem on some rosetta apps. the ones that i've found are pixadex and toast titanium 7.0. word mac is actually okay. the discoloration on the window just appears, but if i force the screen to "redraw" the window (i.e. by running another window over it or minimizing and maximizing again) it's gone.

not a big problem, but a tad annoying not to have a perfect hackintosh =)

any idea on this? any help is appreciated.

thanks,

-d

SRTX, I updated everything through the software update except the 10.4.7 update (used JaS) without any troubles afterward. Goodluck

Pic is of the software update showing nothing new to install because everything is upto date!

post-17978-1152985649_thumb.jpg

I am having trouble with the update. I downloaded the Intel update from the source cited in the instructions and am not able to get past the installation. Everything goes well until it stalls at optimizing my volume at 50%. I'll admit I'm new to OS X and hackintoshs, but I don't really know if I'm doing something wrong or not. I will try this on a different computer shortly, still any help with this would be appreciated.

Configuration:

Inspiron 8200

Pentium 4 m 2.4 ghz

512 RAM

40 GB hard drive

Any questions, please ask.

Stephen

Ok, I just installed:

OS X 10.4.6

MD5 SUM: 5c88e09705ebde2baf1bf19832bdd37a

(same as with previous laptop)

on the following:

Inspiron 1100

Celeron 2.4 ghz

512 RAM

20 GB hard drive

Same exact thing happens as before. OS installs fine, everything is great. I open the update downloaded from demonoid. Start the installation, everything is still good. It says finishing the installation, then optimizing volume and stays at 50%. Everything freezes except for the mouse. The progress bar stops all of its little internal 'waves' if you know what I mean.

Am I using a bad installation? I mean hardware is totally different, how could it do the same exact thing?

Thanks,

Stephen

Hey tanks for that!

will there be a patched 10.4.7 DVD avalible - maybe with boris' ati patch in the future?

That would be great!

i know packagefixer is working on a 10.4.7 dvd currently; im collecting all wireless drivers you may have for any cards so that they will be included on the dvd. If you have any please PM me.

i know packagefixer is working on a 10.4.7 dvd currently; im collecting all wireless drivers you may have for any cards so that they will be included on the dvd. If you have any please PM me.

Great,I'll just sit back this time then.

I got a rather cosmetic issue, but I would like to fix it.

After updating to 10.4.7 the "space left" text dissapeared from my drives in the desktop. Let me explain, before was like this:

ICON

118.19 GB, 78.33 GB free

And after the update it only says:

ICON

118.19 GB

If I click get info it shows the correct space used and space left, but I would like to show it in the desktop info like before the patch. Anyone has an idea what could cause the problem? Anyway the system is fast and stable, no errors so far, its only this issue.

And, well, I'm carrying a "problem" since 10.4.5, I have an iPod Shuffle, but when I connect it to my hackintosh it gets detected like a iPod 4° Gen i think, the "iPod with click wheel", and it doesn't let me do firmware update, nor reset or sync it correctly using itunes, because it isn't detected as shuffle so the option of autofill doesn't appear. The shuffle works without issues on my laptop with windows vista and another desktop with windows xp sp2, it only happens with the hackintosh.

Click on a free space on your desktop, then View->Show View Options then check 'Show item info' to display size of drives and free space text on the desktop drive icons. Note: the free space is only displayed for FAT32 and HFS+ drives..ie, my NTFS drives only show size and not the free space.

SemjaZa posted the decrypted files for 10.4.7:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=22465&st=0

Thanks for the reply. If I have 10.4.6 Goatsecx's image installed, can I just follow Semjaza's instructions in the file (i.e. install 10.4.7 update from Apple using Pacifist and following the other instructions) to get 10.4.7? Or must I install Jas's 10.4.7 update first before embarking on Semjaza's patch?

Also, i'm a little confused about the decrypted files. Is this the entire 10.4.7 decypted (without the kexts of course)? And what is up with different versions of kernels? I'm truly lost.

Thanks for explaining. Cheers

Dear H(M)ackintosh experts

I am new to Mac and excuse me if my question is naive to you experts.

Can any one please let me know from where and how i download the 10.4.7 kexts.

Many thanks

Magesh

Is it worth the risk once you have a 10.4.6?

After spending like 10 hours setting up 10.4.6 on my laptop and it is working 100% (except wireless), I think not... :poster_oops:

I did try the 10.4.7 update on my desktop and it messed things up so I wiped and went back to 10.4.6.

Especially since 1.5 is likely going to come out tomorrow which will be a HUGE improvement if the rumor mills are correct.

Thanks though for your great efforts! :happymac:

i am now in 10.4.7 using semjaza decypted but i am still using kexts from 10.4.6

the only thing to test kexts is changing the ones form 1047 to the ones in extensions folders?

and removing kextcache, thats is only nedded?

i dont want to mess with my system, but i really want some improvements in bluetooth and usb

thanks guyz