[HowTo] Update to 10.4.7 from 10.4.6 (Intel ONLY)

Korrupted

256 posts in this topic

I can't open .dmg files now...

update:

here is the warning i get:

post-34688-1151543380_thumb.jpg

To make the dmg work you should use pacifist and copy the system.kext from the 10.4.6 dvd and paste it into the /System/Library/Extensions... it did work for me... I ( by mistake ) overwrited the system.kext from the 10.4.6 with the system.kext from the apple update...

Myzar and to all who know about this stuff..

how long has it been since we got new decrypted stuff? Is there some place that lists the status of the current decrypts? Also like decrypts for loginwindow.app that dont work on intel, and new kernel decrypts etc.

Hi Myzar,

Installed the update on my machine having JaS 10.4.6, and it installs fine, loads fine, but after a few seconds everything stalls, dunno why??

i ve tried replacing the System Profiler, but didnt worked for me either...

Any suggestions??

Thanx

Well done you guys!! ;)

Updated went smooth + manual update of the kexts & frameworks from apple's 10.4.7 excluding system.kext

Adium X keeps crashing now... :(

No issues 'ere with Adium x

**NOTE: THIS IS FOR INTEL PROCESSORS ONLY CURRENTLY. ALSO YOU CAN **ONLY** UPDATE

FROM 10.4.6. THIS IS JUST THE INTEL UPDATE, NOT THE COMBO UPDATE.**

Credit goes to JaS, for his excellent work on this release.

Thanks for the fast update, cool!

Apple has update the original-update! ;)

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=2006062914492384

My question:

DaxTsurugi or JaS, can you your update likewise update?

Or is that does not need?

Where i can find this updater for AMD CPU's? Anyone can get website address here? I looking for it on The Pirate Bay.. but without results... What is file name?

yeah, i couldnt find it using search. i just browsed through the catagories... if you're in the right section, its near the top :)

I got a rather cosmetic issue, but I would like to fix it.

After updating to 10.4.7 the "space left" text dissapeared from my drives in the desktop. Let me explain, before was like this:

ICON

118.19 GB, 78.33 GB free

And after the update it only says:

ICON

118.19 GB

If I click get info it shows the correct space used and space left, but I would like to show it in the desktop info like before the patch. Anyone has an idea what could cause the problem? Anyway the system is fast and stable, no errors so far, its only this issue.

And, well, I'm carrying a "problem" since 10.4.5, I have an iPod Shuffle, but when I connect it to my hackintosh it gets detected like a iPod 4° Gen i think, the "iPod with click wheel", and it doesn't let me do firmware update, nor reset or sync it correctly using itunes, because it isn't detected as shuffle so the option of autofill doesn't appear. The shuffle works without issues on my laptop with windows vista and another desktop with windows xp sp2, it only happens with the hackintosh.

well I may have successfully F#$ked my install but I haven't rebooted...yet! It's really a classic blunder on my part but I put the 10.4.7 update on my laptop with no problems resulting. Then I just installed 10.4.7 on my desktop (specs below) and what do I read that I hadn't read before...there are issues with the GMA950!!! well $h!t!!! upto now I installed the myzar update, repaired permissions but I have not gone into the terminal and run sudo update_prebinding -root / -force. Am I screwed or can I salvage this without having to reinstall?!? THANKS IN ADVANCE TO THOSE WHO CAN HELP!!!!