borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

hi everybody,

first my configuration:amd64 3000+ ss2

msi k8n neo3 platium agp

Sapphire ati x1600 pro 256 mb AGP

JAS 10.4.6

quartz-extreme and resolution are working great,but user interface is a bit of slow, my xbench scor is also bad, why is so slow? cause my card is agp or anything else.

i use boris method on 10.4.6 kext, i changed device id etc...,

jas you said you have the same card, could you tell your xbench scor.

sorry for my english,

picture18fn.jpg

how???

please (If someone knows please tell me what I can do to get QE/CI support)

mac osx 10.4.6 goatsecx

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON X1300PRO PCIE 16X 256MB

DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 ULTRA-D

2x DDR BUFFALO - 256MB 400MHZ PC3200

HD HITACHI 82.3GB SATAII don't recognized

CPU AMD ATHLON 64 - 3500+ CORE VENICE

:lol: I had used the ATI kext and Frameworks (ATIRADEONX1000) from 10.4.7 update in my 10.4.4 installation and surprising, no kernel panic occurs. The problem is: when loading the loginwindow.app, stops in blue screen. Maybe this Update brings some modifications regarding to use the x1300/1400 GPU, since Apple is concerning to use these chips in the new minimac. Let´s study this possibility.

:) I had used the ATI kext and Frameworks (ATIRADEONX1000) from 10.4.7 update in my 10.4.4 installation and surprising, no kernel panic occurs. The problem is: when loading the loginwindow.app, stops in blue screen. Maybe this Update brings some modifications regarding to use the x1300/1400 GPU, since Apple is concerning to use these chips in the new minimac. Let´s study this possibility.

Do you have dual DVI?

Because I have the same problem and to solve it I do the wire trick like in the laptop dell.

see this http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=14902&hl=

Good luck!!!

hi everybody,

first my configuration:amd64 3000+ ss2

msi k8n neo3 platium agp

Sapphire ati x1600 pro 256 mb AGP

JAS 10.4.6

quartz-extreme and resolution are working great,but user interface is a bit of slow, my xbench scor is also bad, why is so slow? cause my card is agp or anything else.

i use boris method on 10.4.6 kext, i changed device id etc...,

jas you said you have the same card, could you tell your xbench scor.

i also have a x1600 AGP

same bad result under call of duty2...maybe AGP?

:D I had used the ATI kext and Frameworks (ATIRADEONX1000) from 10.4.7 update in my 10.4.4 installation and surprising, no kernel panic occurs. The problem is: when loading the loginwindow.app, stops in blue screen. Maybe this Update brings some modifications regarding to use the x1300/1400 GPU, since Apple is concerning to use these chips in the new minimac. Let´s study this possibility.

I will try with my X1400 :D

OK folks, insanely great breakthrough time!

I have spent weeks trying to get Asus EAX1600XT Silent to work in my Asus P5GD1-VM with zero success ('til today). I have tried all combinations of 10.4.4-10.4.7 with ATINDRV.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from many sources. I've tried JaS, I've tried HotISO, everything. I've tried Callisto B006 (which worked without acceleration). I've tried Borisbadenov method and the new installer. I've tried a hybrid Callisto/Badenov. All with the same awful result.

After deleting extensions.mkext and extensions.kextcache (absolutely essential) and rebooting, the screen would come up with a black mouse cursor on a fractured blue background with varing degrees of random refresh-rate style garbage on the screen and crashing with 'beach ball o' death'. Sometimes, there was a sort-of pooched desktop that partially displayed the dock, and somethimes not. Hard reboot was the only out.

Interestingly, the EAX1600XT displayed the computer's CMOS screen messed up because of a palette problem. The roving blue band at the top (from palette rotation) was smeared out into a rainbow. I thought the card was pooched, so it went back to the distributor, who tested it and found all EAX1600XTs do the same thing. They swore the card was fine, so I got it back and tried it with XP and Far Cry. Five hours of heavy gaming on the highest possible settings with overclocking or no, and the card performed like a champ. I could not make it break even slightly.

So, I downloaded the Sapphire x1600xt bios from techpowerup, along with the ATIFlash utility v3.09. Then, I got the Driver Free image for BIOS flashing from bootdisk.com and made me a floppy with these things on it.

I rebooted in DrDos and saved my old ATI flash with the command:

atiflash -s 0 oldbios.bin

(if you have problems, run atiflash -i to make sure atiflash can see the card. If it is not card 0, change the zero in the line above to whatever number the card is.)

Then, I executed atiflash -p -f 0 sapph.bin (where sapph.bin is the name of the Sapphire x1600xt, 256M, PCI-E bios file I downloaded above. THIS DID NOT WORK. I got some kind of an error about 'wrong id' or something.

Much later, I realized the -f parameter has to COME FIRST! Duh. I tried:

atiflash -f -p 0 sapph.bin

This worked fine, and flashed my loveley Asus EAX1600XT Silent with a very non-silent Sapphire X1600XT BIOS.

I rebooted into 10.4.7, and everthything worked absolutely perfectly. QE, CI, rotation enabled, full acceleration, card detected as X1600 (never happened before!!!). Rotated the screen all round and back, LCD detected, no tearing, perfect, perfect, perfect after two weeks of hell. 2D Acceleration is enabled after using PrefSetter.

Full acceleration is working. Tried stuff that didn't work before and it now works like a dream and fast as all heck.

Thank-you Borisbadenov and JaS and whomever wrote that handy install that allowed me to get to the point of total failure ten times faster than otherwise!

I should mention that the EAX1600XT Silent worked with every native install from 10.4.5-10.4.7 without patching, but not accelerated (though it claimed it was), with awful tearing and without proper detection of the card (showed up as VGA) and didn't detect the display properly or do rotation properly.

Thanks also to Sapphire, who make a heck of an Asus EAX1600XT BIOS!

I have no idea if the hardware will melt five minutes from now, so try this at your own risk.

Dual display works, but only with the desktop mirrored. Only one LCD (on the DVI port) shows up when you "Detect Displays".

Back in Windoze XP, the installed Asus EAX1600XT pops up and says 'hardware not found'. No problem. Removed the Asus ATI driver completely (100+ MB of what?), reboot, download and install the Sapphire driver (only 36MB) & works like a dream. Can play Far Cry at highest setting while surfing the net on second monitor. Performance just as good as with Asus driver.

Jemm very interesting, i can only suspect your video bios was a diferent version from mine, wich one is yours and how can i know wich is the one i have , as you see in my sig i run a x1600XT Asus silent perfectly, without any problem and without tearing and everything runs perfect, as i can see from your results, your video card is detected as a X1600 an mine as vga, and you have mirroring. I would love to have thoe two things, better i f you could get exended screen.

Any way tell me how anbd maybe we can start solving the puzzle.

Regards

Aberracus

I just can't get the QE and CI to work! I tried Boris' method!

I have the Asus EAX1600XT Slient, and I'm running in full resolution (1680x1050) via DVi and theres no sign of artifact ect.

How can I enable QE and CI!? That they only thing that I miss - then it's all perfect!

hanzen have u tried Neophus package? i hope u r not running AGPkart.kext? some kext can enter in conflicts with ATINDRV ...u should think of it.

Anyone here is having a X1600AGP and experiencing bad FPS in games such as COD2?

:police: I had used the ATI kext and Frameworks (ATIRADEONX1000) from 10.4.7 update in my 10.4.4 installation and surprising, no kernel panic occurs. The problem is: when loading the loginwindow.app, stops in blue screen. Maybe this Update brings some modifications regarding to use the x1300/1400 GPU, since Apple is concerning to use these chips in the new minimac. Let´s study this possibility.

Mac Vader,

What's the flavor of your ATI card? x1300 or x1400? could you post your specs, please?

Regards

Do you have dual DVI?

Because I have the same problem and to solve it I do the wire trick like in the laptop dell.

see this http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...c=14902&hl=

Good luck!!!

The wire trick? Which one did you tried?

My freind is sending me his x1300 as he bought a x1600 and I´d like to try.

It just seems to be impossible to get QE and CI to work on my EAX1600XT!? But that just seems strage, because so many have gotten it to work!?

I have resolution, rotation, but I'm missing QE/CI and mirror! I have edited ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin and ATINDRV.kext - and I have removed the mkext and kextcache!

What should I do?

It runs really fine, but I just missing the QE/CI/acceleration and mirror! PLEASE HELP! There most be someone out there with the EAX1600XT card, that has everything working!? Atleast that's what I read!?

little update from me.

have bought a Dell 2407wft panel hooked up via dvi (on 5m dual link dvi cable ebay special)from my asus x1600 silent. Works great except dvi and 24 inches really shows that 1920*1200 ain't very high res at all lol :dev:

Dell is a wikid display for hdtv movies and also the built in usb 2 hub and 5 in 1 card reader work flawlessly.

I hope this hasn't already been asked, if so I apologize, but I don't have the time to read through 51 pages...

I just built a new MacIntel system (specs at the bottom). The install went fine using the Jas 10.4.6 DVD, and I can boot up into Mac OS X without any issues. The video is only working in 2D, so I followed boris' method exactly to try and get my X1600 fully working. Now when ever I try to boot, I get the white screen with the apple logo, then whenever it goes to the login screen, the monitor "shuts off" but the hard drive keeps going like normal.

Let me explain a little more... The monitor doesn't actually power off, but it acts like a Windows machine if you set the resolution and/or refresh rate too high. Windows still loads, but the display is cut off because it is out of the monitor's range. This is exactly how Mac OS X is acting.

I've tried booting into safe mode (-x) and the same thing happens. I've also tried booting with the verbose option (-v), but there are no video errors or kernel panics or anything. It just seems like the OS is setting the res and/or the refresh rate too high.

No other changes have so far been made to the system other than boris' instructions for the video.

Anyone else run into this problem? Anyone know how to correct this?

Intel Pentium D 930

MSI 945P Neo2-F Motherboard (details)

512MB DDR2 RAM

MSI RX1600PRO-TD256E PCI-e Video Card (same as boris' - details)

250GB SATA Hard Drive

Lite-on 16x DVD burner

I think it was Superhai, about 15 pages back, said something about creating a display overide to try to make native dvi work. Did anybody try this?

Also, a long way back, someone posted about apple displays not working. Anybody using this on the silent version? I cant see why it wouldnt if the card supported dvi out.

I really want dvi out, so more importantly i can use my apple display instead of this {censored} 17 inch sharp thing. 1024x768= :P

Just an FYI... using the installer worked flawlessly on my Sapphire X1600 AGP 256MB... No artifacts, tearing, etc... everything is beautiful. The only downside is the lack of DVI, but its hard to tell between DVI and VGA on my 19" SyncMaster anyways...

Just an FYI. I just picked up the Sapphire X1800XT and it doesn't work for me using the Boris method. Two prior cards did, in fact the MSI X1600 Pro worked flawlessly even with DVI but the problem was it didn't like my DVI switchbox so I got rid of it thinking that the X1800XT would work. I'm sad to see it doesn't. I guess I stick with XP until Apple releases a desktop machine I would want.

The device id is 0x7100 and what happens is when it boots the screen goes red and just sits there.

Just an FYI. I just picked up the Sapphire X1800XT and it doesn't work for me using the Boris method. Two prior cards did, in fact the MSI X1600 Pro worked flawlessly even with DVI but the problem was it didn't like my DVI switchbox so I got rid of it thinking that the X1800XT would work. I'm sad to see it doesn't. I guess I stick with XP until Apple releases a desktop machine I would want.

The device id is 0x7100 and what happens is when it boots the screen goes red and just sits there.

With the x1800 series, only the 10.4.5 atidrv can be used. Munky got his 1800xl working, someone has a x1800gto working, someone has a x1800xt working and someone flashed their x1800gto to xl. You have to use the 10.4.5 atidrv.

I´ve tried with 10.4.7 extensions to do this method on a x1300. KERNEL PANIC

(I´ve updated with JAS Installer and with PACIFIST updated the extensions as mentioned this topic before)