borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

u should try installers.dl.am !

well i did..2x...

1st attempt: updated to 10.4.7 (since it said those drivers would work) and then installed - rebooted and got a garbled dots but could still see what was on-screen. a few seconds after booting, it'd lock the machine up but it was in the native resolution for the monitor (1600x1200).

2nd attempt: just tried JaS 10.4.6 only - still the same result as above

3rd attempt: tried to NOT apply '10.4.6 update' from JaS's DVD (hoping that 10.4.5 would be waiting for me) but it wouldn't boot

...continuing to reinstall again.

after typing this, i stumbled across this post here

Hi!

Again: my name is NeoPheus! :)

And no, no one needs to replace the device id in the installer! Just install it, reboot and it has to work...

If not, then there is a problem with your system! The installer works correctly on a normal system! :)

That's not necessarily true Neo,

I don't have a "weird" system by any means. I built my system around certified HLC parts.

I did my research and went out to buy an X1600 card, with your installer already downloaded.

I installed, rebooted, and - yeah, QE / CI, resolutions, they all worked! No ripple effect in Dashboard and WEIRD colours in Quicktime videos. Final Cut Pro's video windows looked all garbled and couldn't be used.

I was all depressed, thinking I'd have to return my X1600 and just wait for the MacVidia drivers, UNTIL-

I said to myself "self, why not just try to manually install the Boris method."

I did, and now all the above mentioned errors are gone away. I get the ripple effect, FCP works like a dream, and Quicktime can play all day.

To anyone else having trouble after using NEO's installer, just do it manually and see if it makes a difference.

To anyone else having trouble after using NEO's installer, just do it manually and see if it makes a difference.

Neo's installer does more than just modify the kexts per the Boris method. Those other modifications may be the source of the problem.

Same here. I did first do the manual mod. Worked perfectly.

But i've made a new install of my system and then choose the easy way, the neo's installer.

Everything didn't worked perfectly (the ripple effect...etc..)

So i've uninstalled and done the manual way.

The ripple effect is back.

Sorry Neopheus :)

About NeoPheus solution. It works for me. 10.4.6 updated to 10.4.7 using Jas installer + 3.2 NeoPheus installer.

No glitches, no artefacts, dashboard effects on, QE/CI - all on. Didn't test sleep - I don't need it. DVI works through adapter - my display has only VGA.

Sapphire x1600 Pro 128 Mb PCIe.

Strange thing - it "sits" on a PCI in System Profiler, not PCIe as it should. Beside that everything is ok.

I have a feeling that bus must be PCIe. Am I wrong? For example - Sandvox uses splash effect when swithing site design. On GMA900 this effect is very slow and sometimes "partial". Latest Sandvox build (1.0.3) uses this splash effect only when card supports it. So, in my setup this effect is gone. Again, I'm sure x1600 must be on PCIe in System Profiler.

I've tried 10.4.5, 4.6 and 4.7 kexts both modifing manually or with installer (deleting other ATI, NVIDIA, GMA kexts) - no luck, it still on PCI. As I said earlier,CI/QE supported in every case. All Universal games have very bad perfomance compairing to Windows versions.

Can someone explain this to me? What I need to do to "put" x1600 on PCIe?

Hi!

Again: my name is NeoPheus! :D

And no, no one needs to replace the device id in the installer! Just install it, reboot and it has to work...

If not, then there is a problem with your system! The installer works correctly on a normal system! :D

Hi,

does it work for x1600 71c5 ?

Hi!

Again: my name is NeoPheus! :)

If not, then there is a problem with your system! The installer works correctly on a normal system! ;)

I love you Neopheus lol for making this installer. I been using version 3.2 + 10.4.7 for about a month already

It's great!!! Hope to you see in the irc's

Here's another succesful attempt with the manual Boris method.

After running 10.4.5 quite happily with onboard GMA950, I decided to try the Borisbadenov Method with a X1600 Pro. I bought the MSI RX1600PRO-TD256E which I believe is the same card that Boris used. I did a fresh install from the JaS 10.4.6 DVD + PPF1 patch, then applied the manual Boris method and rebooted into 1680x1050 with full QE, CI & rotation support. This is using DVI(digital) to my Dell FPW2007.

I've yet to try dual monitors but I have tried connecting a single CRT to the VGA port and the DVI with an adaptor but neither works.

To sum it up, the MSI RX1600PRO-TD256E works with JaS 10.4.6 with full QE, CI & rotation but output is DVI digital only.

mir...

The installer worked beautifully for me. 10.4.7 ATI X1600Pro 512Mb card. DVI/VGA/TV all working.

Intel D945GNTLKR

Intel Pentium D 3.2GHz

2 Gigs DDR2

WD 32 Gig Raptor

WD 320 Gig

Pioneer 107D

ATI X1600Pro 512Mb

20.1" Wide Viewsonic LCD

Hey there,

I have a ATi Radon Power Color x1600 256m AGP and im running 10.4.7 with the borris drivers... but i need the 10.4.5 ATINDRV to patch it coz mine keeps crashing.

could sombody email it to me @ siliconart@msn.com

thanks

I found the ATIDRV Kext and changed the things to display and IOPCIDevice

and now i have NO other Res to pic from sept the defoult and also i have a tone of mouse artifacting ??? :)(

It says on the Wiki that this card works well (ATi Radon Power Color x1600 256M AGP) and it said to use borris and then the 10.4.5 ATIDRV kext and it works fine.. ut its not seeming to work for me.

how can i contact the person who posted that in the wiki and see how he/she did it?

I am wondering if you might be able to help me out. I tried your instructions on my Sapphire x1600xt I was able to get the full resolution and hz adjustment. I ened up losing QE and CI in the process. I was wondering if I might be able to get some help with getting it back.

barnz0432

I installed 3.2 and now i dont have artifacting but i get these jumping lines on my screen.. just where there are icons and the dalong the dock.. if u want i can take a video clip of it.. as on screen shots they dont seem to come out.

also after a while my whol screen gose blue and i cant do anything but rebooot the pc.

now i dont seem to have these jumping lines on lower resalutions..

thanks in advance

I tried the autoinstaller on a new mac install.....and I have about half of the screen completely gone with artifacts and the other half is plain blue. I ended up being closer by editing all the files individually eventhough I lost OE and CI. I would like some help with trying to sort this mess out.

barnz0432

Using manual borisbadenov method worked for me but I had some weird glitches with Unsanity haxies and a ugly IOKitWaitQuiet() error at bootup.

I used NeoPheus installer though and it worked like a charm :). No errors/glitches at all!

I used it on a Connect3D X1800GTO :)