borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

Pitr-

What about Safari?

Do you still have artifacts in Safari too?

Haven't had time to check. But it seems like it has something to do with font aliasing.

And yes cyclonefr, it's using the ATI Framebuffer-driver which allows me to change resolutions.

i cant answer u on that point, as far as i know with my X1600PRO it still makes artifacts after minutes of game (WoW, chess) and freeze the computer...

I wonder how 10.4.5 ATINDRV works ;)

good to know it works with X1900...so ATINDRV 10.4.7 kext include X1900 support....

i cant answer u on that point, as far as i know with my X1600PRO it still makes artifacts after minutes of game (WoW, chess) and freeze the computer...

I wonder how 10.4.5 ATINDRV works ;)

good to know it works with X1900...so ATINDRV 10.4.7 kext include X1900 support....

If we knew that, we would all be using dvi out :)

Since I can't use any older kext than 10.4.7 I'm wondering if pivot screenrotation-function works also in the older kexts or if it has been added? It shows up as spdisplays_rotation : supported under graphicsinformation.

But I guess it's nothing new....

I did everything that was written, and the result is:

System boots fine, I can see gray screen w/apple logo, then in the end I get blue screen with mouse cursor (for 1 sec) until it changes to black screen with crazy openGL style graphics (broken graphics) (see included photo). The mouse works though, which leads my thaughts on to maybe there's a problem with Ci or QE. Reason? When I boot in safe mode (-x at boot) the system boots fine, I get resolution change options, but no hw acceleration.

My computer:

- AsRock 775dual-915GL

- Intel P4 3Ghz

- ASUS Radeon X1600XT 256MB

- CRT monitor 1280x1024

The Apple boot text (the one where you change boot parameters) reports my graphics card as follows:

VESA v3.0 16MB (ATI ATOMBIOS)

post-46085-1152484449_thumb.jpg

Since I can't use any older kext than 10.4.7 I'm wondering if pivot screenrotation-function works also in the older kexts or if it has been added? It shows up as spdisplays_rotation : supported under graphicsinformation.

But I guess it's nothing new....

As far as I know, the pivot function also worked with the 10.4.5 kexts.

I am really curious if dvi output work or not and please give us more info on your graphic card

including name and brand :pirate2:

As far as I know, the pivot function also worked with the 10.4.5 kexts.

I am really curious if dvi output work or not and please give us more info on your graphic card

including name and brand :P

I'm curious to about DVI but I don't have any monitor to test with. And also since it's an X1900XT-card it doesn't matter what maker because the only difference between them is the sticker they put on the reference cooler ( which I've replaced by watercooling anyways :D ).

I'm curious to about DVI but I don't have any monitor to test with. And also since it's an X1900XT-card it doesn't matter what maker because the only difference between them is the sticker they put on the reference cooler ( which I've replaced by watercooling anyways :P ).

It shouldn't matter, I agree, but as we all know, some x1600pro/xt cards just won't work

with dvi output while some just work even though they are all based on reference design.

I am just guessing this might be the case with x1900 series cards also. :D

Btw, watercooling rig on x1900xt? Show us some pics..way too cool :D

Btw, watercooling rig on x1900xt? Show us some pics..way too cool :D

Yeh wht make is it? I'm thinking of making an order with aqua computer. Then ive just got to figure out how to mount the aquatube in a powermac case without making it look {censored}.

Hi, whenever i try this on my asus x1600xt silent i get this result(see image) , i use a samsung crt connected to dvi via a adapter

tried with 10.4.5 / 6 / 7

all same results.

any ideeas what to do?post-972-1152553480_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Boris and everyone who contributes to this site . Finally made some progress after trying the Jas and Hotiso 10.4.6 installs with the Goatsecx disc. I was never able to get my Asus Silent to work with QE & CI enabled until this last install (after many) . So far I've tried chess , Civ 3 , and Rise of Nations.One problem I still need to fix is restart.No mach_kernel on the root drive.

Hi,

i have CyberColor 1600pro with JaS 10.4.6

I try to edit manually, try Installer V 2.7 und 3.2

everytime the same.

After Reboot Screen is black and i must reinstall

:)

any ideas?

Echnaton

i found the solution...

i put the monitorcable on the wrong side .

can it be, that multimonitor not supported?

anything else works fine. :)

sorry for disturbing :)

Echnaton

Hi there, Just thought I would drop a line and let you know my success.

Setup

Amd Sempron64 2600+ 1,6ghz (overclocked via bios to 2,1ghz, i can only get this high under osx)

ASUS K8N4-E Deluxe nforce 4 moterboard (onboard audio not working) (Onboard Lan Working fine with forcedeth kext)

3 x512mb ram ddr1

2x80gb hard drive (no sata)

Hercules Pocket usb sound card 5,1 only working in stereo

Powercolor x1600pro 256mb ddr2 working with neopheus installer 3,2 working only with dvi to vga converter

post-46259-1152622863.jpg

Apps working are

Final Cut Pro 5,1 (universal), Logic Express 7,2 (universal), Vector Works 11 & 12, Second Life (universal), iTunes (universal), Quicktime Pro, Fast User switching works great too

Apps Working with difficulty

iPhoto - Image disapears when using sliders and effects

Livequartz - Effects dont work image dissapears ( does this use the same engine as iphoto ??)

Ripple Effect - Struggles with the first couple of frames then the effect just stops all together

Please could you let me know if you have any solutions to the above apps.

Hi there, Just thought I would drop a line and let you know my success.

Setup

Amd Sempron64 2600+ 1,6ghz (overclocked via bios to 2,1ghz, i can only get this high under osx)

ASUS K8N4-E Deluxe nforce 4 moterboard (onboard audio not working) (Onboard Lan Working fine with forcedeth kext)

3 x512mb ram ddr1

2x80gb hard drive (no sata)

Hercules Pocket usb sound card 5,1 only working in stereo

Powercolor x1600pro 256mb ddr2 working with neopheus installer 3,2 working only with dvi to vga converter

Apps working are

Final Cut Pro 5,1 (universal), Logic Express 7,2 (universal), Vector Works 11 & 12, Second Life (universal), iTunes (universal), Quicktime Pro, Fast User switching works great too

Apps Working with difficulty

iPhoto - Image disapears when using sliders and effects

Livequartz - Effects dont work image dissapears ( does this use the same engine as iphoto ??)

Ripple Effect - Struggles with the first couple of frames then the effect just stops all together

Please could you let me know if you have any solutions to the above apps.

Can you play a full game of chess?