borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

With the x1800 series, only the 10.4.5 atidrv can be used. Munky got his 1800xl working, someone has a x1800gto working, someone has a x1800xt working and someone flashed their x1800gto to xl. You have to use the 10.4.5 atidrv.

They could only get VGA working right? I had DVI working perfectly with an X1600 Pro I would hate to have to go to VGA. In fact I really can't because I have a DVI switchbox. If anyone could help me get the 10.4.5 kext's I would be eternally grateful.

I am new to the osx enviroment. Can someone tell me where the ATIRadeonX1000 drivers come from ? Are they part of the "hack" or by default delivered on the orignal 10.4.6 installation.

I also use a Sapphire X1600PRO AGP 512, but want to use my Cinema HD 23" DVI display. The problem has to be in the ATINDRV. Whenever I try to use the 71e2 (Sec. Display) device, I get a "The system has to reboot". I also tried a IOAGPDevice check, just to verify the problem is in the AGP side of the card, it is. So currently I only can use my old 15" analogue TFT.....

I am new to the osx enviroment. Can someone tell me where the ATIRadeonX1000 drivers come from ? Are they part of the "hack" or by default delivered on the orignal 10.4.6 installation.

I also use a Sapphire X1600PRO AGP 512, but want to use my Cinema HD 23" DVI display. The problem has to be in the ATINDRV. Whenever I try to use the 71e2 (Sec. Display) device, I get a "The system has to reboot". I also tried a IOAGPDevice check, just to verify the problem is in the AGP side of the card, it is. So currently I only can use my old 15" analogue TFT.....

I don't think you will be using that monitor with that card. There is only 1 card that has definate working dvi, asus silent version x1600 which would be no good for you as its pci express. So even when you do get it working properly you still probally wont have dvi.

I don't think you will be using that monitor with that card. There is only 1 card that has definate working dvi, asus silent version x1600 which would be no good for you as its pci express. So even when you do get it working properly you still probally wont have dvi.

Hmm, I just have to keep hoping I gues. I also tried the AGP driver posted on an other thread, same problem. One other thing I tested. When I change the code for CFPluginFactories (in X1000GA.Plugin) to somthing else, Like the second display (71c2) or subsystem ID, It doesn't seem to affect the driver at all. Only the IDs in the array of CFPlugInTypes seems to effect the QI/CI enabeling.

Can someone confirm that the X1600 is detected as :

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

And not :

Type: ATI X1600Pro

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

Thanks !

i tried 3 cards powercolor xt1600 asus silent xt1600 and club 3d xt 1600

and doesn't work with cinema display hd 23

the problem is i didn't see anything at boot (black screen )for windows for everything ....

weird because i have the beep at boot the card(all card xt 1600) is recognise by my asus mother board....

if it works for you tell me how and you will be my hero @+

That is right. Have you tried the installer? Click Here and in that thread NeoPheus made an installer.

Not yet, But I think I have a clue that might indicate the problem. If someone has reported this before, than I'm sorry I have just been at this for 1 day, not the time to re-read the entire thread.

I have tracked down some info at the ATI site :

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.25.18.html

And I am making the asumption the driver is bases on the linux drivers.

It is stating the MIRROR mode is NOT supported on the Linux driver. As OSX by default initialized the driver in mirror mode, when detecting a new display, this may result in the problems we have.

Did someone try and have osx switch automaticly to one of the supported driver modes ? For example Dual Head ?

i tried 3 cards powercolor xt1600 asus silent xt1600 and club 3d xt 1600

and doesn't work with cinema display hd 23

the problem is i didn't see anything at boot (black screen )for windows for everything ....

weird because i have the beep at boot the card(all card xt 1600) is recognise by my asus mother board....

if it works for you tell me how and you will be my hero @+

Well I did has some problems with windows. I have disabled all legacy (serial/parallel) ports on my Asus P4C800 Delux board. Also I disabled legacy USB, this one fixed the detection of the display from windows.

Somehow the asus board freezes when I do not have my analogue monitor attached (the bios is vga only). This has something to do with the HD 23" only using DVI-D and the X1600Pro AGP I use only having DVI-I or VGA. So, I boot using VGA and then enabled the HD display from Windows. Same with OSX, Windows only at first detects the VGA, You have to extend your desktop before you can use the DVI-D output. Next I switched my primary display to the 23" and disabled the VGA display in Windows. Now my machine boots from the VGA display and then switched the HD when the driver gets initialised to display the logon screen.

So now I'm hoping we can tell the ATINDRV that it should NOT start in MIRROR mode on detection off the second display, but DUAL HEAD mode. This, I hope, should fix the problem.

Glad to hear it. Could you post what you did? There could be other x1900 owners out there getting frustrated...

All I did was to run the v3.2 installer with the 10.4.7 drivers and reboot, and voila! QE and DI working whoopdidooo :(

All I did was to run the v3.2 installer with the 10.4.7 drivers and reboot, and voila! QE and DI working whoopdidooo :worried_anim:

You tried any intensive opengl games? I wonder if the 10.4.7 drivers support the x1800 series? Anybody tried? Pitr can you use native dvi? Does system sleep and wake work?

You tried any intensive opengl games? I wonder if the 10.4.7 drivers support the x1800 series? Anybody tried? Pitr can you use native dvi? Does system sleep and wake work?

I haven't tried any games but some more complex opengl screensavers with pixelshader-effects seems to work fine. And since my old trusty Samsung 913N monitor only has VGA-input I can't verify if DVI works. Sleep/wake doesn't seem to work, I only get a blackscreen at wake-up and then nothing.

Seems like I also get some graphics-corruption (black dots) while typing this in Firefox but they seem to go away if I just scroll up and then down again.

All I did was to run the v3.2 installer with the 10.4.7 drivers and reboot, and voila! QE and DI working whoopdidooo :blink:

So..You updated to 10.4.7 (is it JaS or Myzar?) and installed those 10.4.7 kexts manually, right?

So..You updated to 10.4.7 (is it JaS or Myzar?) and installed those 10.4.7 kexts manually, right?

All I did was to install Myzar 10.4.6 (10.4.5 with 10.4.6 update) and then I upgraded to 10.4.7 with the amd enabled 10.4.7 update on TPB.org. After that, all I had to do was to run Neo:s ATI-installer v3.2 which includes the 10.4.7 kext which aren't installed per default with the amd enabled 10.4.7 update. Reboot and voila!

And some hex-editing mach_kernel to get proper reboot and so on....

All I did was to install Myzar 10.4.6 (10.4.5 with 10.4.6 update) and then I upgraded to 10.4.7 with the amd enabled 10.4.7 update on TPB.org. After that, all I had to do was to run Neo:s ATI-installer v3.2 which includes the 10.4.7 kext which aren't installed per default with the amd enabled 10.4.7 update. Reboot and voila!

Pitr- congratulations :D

I think you're the first one who successfully enabled qe and ci with x1900.

I am wondering if this also works on 1900gt.

Anyone tried with x1900gt yet? :blink:

ps: Will you show us some screenshots, please? :D

and u r running ATINDRV? do u have mouse in3D without tearing?

and u r running ATINDRV? do u have mouse in3D without tearing?

He said he had artifacts in firefox, but scrolling got rid of them. Has anybody tried the 10.4.7 atindrv with the x1800 series?

EDIT: Doesnt the installer use the 10.4.5 atindrv?

and try a game of chess.

x1900xt_scr01.jpg

Perhaps Neo has made the installscript so that it installs 10.4.5 kext on x1600-cards and the 10.4.7 on x1900 since older kext just doesn't work with x1900.

And to answer cyclonefr question, I only get some smal artifacts sometimes while typing something in a forum like this. No mouse-trails whatsoever.... however the ripples-when-adding-dashboard-widget effekt doesn't work and only shows the first frame or two of the ripples which hangs on screen, until the ripples usually fades away under normal cirumstances, and then just dissapears.