borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

Rendering Problems...

Hi all, Im a first time poster but a long time reader. I have used Neo's installer to get QE and CI working with my Gigabyte X1600 Pro Silent card. All the 2D stuff is working great, its just the 3D stuff thats giving me headaches.

Games dont like to render models correctly. As an example Battlefield fails to render soldiers properly so all I see is boots and helmets running around. In CC Generals the terrain is missing. In Civilization 4 the character models do not load so all I get are glasses and eyebrows at the character selection screen (terrain does not load). Another weird thing is that the ripple effect for dashboard does not work. I get one ripple frame than nothing.

I have no idea whats causing this and I have tried a few things, but I am open to suggestion!

I appreciate any thought into the matter in advance!

P.S. The card is listed as a PCI card instead of PCI-E (if this makes a difference)

UPDATE: Cube effect works 100%

I dont think anybody else has a x1900 card to test with!

Yep...

But it should work with one version of the X1900 chip! It would be perfect to post the supported chip :)

:happymac: Hello all,

With Neo's latest installer I finally was able to get my asus eax1900xt to work with full QE/CI.

Only downer is that DVI is not working.

Got around that problem by using a DVI-VGA adaptor.

Fortunatly my LCD Monitor accepts both DVI/VGA inputs.

Regards

palieds9

:happymac: Hello all,

With Neo's latest installer I finally was able to get my asus eax1900xt to work with full QE/CI.

Only downer is that DVI is not working.

Got around that problem by using a DVI-VGA adaptor.

Fortunatly my LCD Monitor accepts both DVI/VGA inputs.

Regards

palieds9

Is that x1900xt?

hey guys..

I just got me a Power cOlor X1600 256M AGP card.. upgraded from the Radon Ati 9600XT 256M.

Now i used the Automated Installer and i was able to reboot fine.. but then i seem to get jumping lines on the screen... and then i get a blank blue screen and some tines a white screen.

I looked in the sys info and it found my card as the x1600 ATI and all said it was supported, which ws coool.

it just those jumping lines.

and so i reinstalled OSX and did the install the manule way, and now i dont have the jumping lines or the blue/white screens.. but in sys info it dosent say i got a x1600 that line is not there.. and now i dont have screen saver or sleep suppoert.

just wondering if you have any ideas?

Oh BTW- I Use a Asus P4P800S Mobo with osx 10.4.7.

thanks

hey guys..

I just got me a Power cOlor X1600 256M AGP card.. upgraded from the Radon Ati 9600XT 256M.

Now i used the Automated Installer and i was able to reboot fine.. but then i seem to get jumping lines on the screen... and then i get a blank blue screen and some tines a white screen.

I looked in the sys info and it found my card as the x1600 ATI and all said it was supported, which ws coool.

it just those jumping lines.

and so i reinstalled OSX and did the install the manule way, and now i dont have the jumping lines or the blue/white screens.. but in sys info it dosent say i got a x1600 that line is not there.. and now i dont have screen saver or sleep suppoert.

just wondering if you have any ideas?

Oh BTW- I Use a Asus P4P800S Mobo with osx 10.4.7.

thanks

I used the borisbadenov method to get a higher resolution than 1024*768, it worked , know i can go to 1280*1024 on my 19-TFT. what´s strange: Quartz Extreme and Core Image is not working anymore, before patching it worked! Any ideas for me to solve my QE CI problem?

My specs:

Athlon 64 Sockel939

Sapphire X1600Xt 256MB

ASUS A8V-E SE

10.4.6 Goatsec

:angel: Yes my friend my video card is a x1900xt.

Mac osx sees it as 2 seperate 256meg video cards with osx using the first 256mb.

Regards

palieds9

palieds9, thanks for your reply

Can you tell us the maker of you graphics card, please? :angel:

And if it's not too much of trouble, please tell us your impression on this x1900xt

(performance compared to running under Windows, fan noise, osx games running OK? etc.)

Thanks!! :D

palieds9, thanks for your reply

Can you tell us the maker of you graphics card, please? :blink:

And if it's not too much of trouble, please tell us your impression on this x1900xt

(performance compared to running under Windows, fan noise, osx games running OK? etc.)

Thanks!! :hysterical:

Hi Ezhoon,

My x1900xt is made by ASUS,but I beleive all x1900xt/x are based on the same design regardless of make.

When you boot you pc the fan on the x1900xt will run full speed for a few seconds,but once the card is in windows/mac osx,you will not notice it unless you really push the card. ie play games.

The card seems to perform better in windows(plays all my games at 1280X1024 with ease) than Mac osx.

I get some hesitation in mac osx but it maybe due to having a AMD X2 3800.(stutter problem)

Have not had a chance to play any games in mac osx,sorry can't help you there.

Regards

palieds9

Hi Ezhoon,

My x1900xt is made by ASUS,but I beleive all x1900xt/x are based on the same design regardless of make.

When you boot you pc the fan on the x1900xt will run full speed for a few seconds,but once the card is in windows/mac osx,you will not notice it unless you really push the card. ie play games.

The card seems to perform better in windows(plays all my games at 1280X1024 with ease) than Mac osx.

I get some hesitation in mac osx but it maybe due to having a AMD X2 3800.(stutter problem)

Have not had a chance to play any games in mac osx,sorry can't help you there.

Regards

palieds9

Thanks for your hands on mini review :D

I guess the only drawback for x1900xt for now is the dvi output problem..hmmm

Anyone with x1900xt/gt with working qe/ci/dvi output? :dev:

Maybe if you try connecting a CRT monitor, look what Echnaton did. I can't try now this method because i have 10.4.5 installed, i'm dl 10.4.7 update.

I finally found a bit of free time to try the trick, but nothing to do ;).

However when I installed the patch with the installer, I forgot to insert my device ID. So I inserted it and i got a kernel panic.

I think that the only way to make our card to work is to write down a driver :)

My five cents.

Borisbadenov Solution works for me on 10.4.6 with 10.4.5 kexts. SAPPHIRE x1600 PRO 128 Mb.

No problems - CI, QE enabled. I've got bugs with keyframe display in Motion with GMA900. Now it's gone. I'm very pleased with that.

As for gaming. Most important part. I have terrible perfomance with Call of Duty 2 and Civilization IV. Call of Duty 2 especially - game is almost not playable even under 800x600 and minium effects - very slow. My old FX5700 on Windows perfoms quite nice in 1024x768. What is this?

Beside that, I have perfect perfomance in Age of Mythology and Rise of Nations (max resolution, all effects on) even these games are not universal.

I really want to know if this can be fixed. Please help

hum what about system profiler does it says your X1600 is recognized as PCIE? else this could be the problem...Im having the same prob using X1600AGP...

I suggest u to check also if u r not using GMA900....Be sure to have installer Neophus installer...

hum what about system profiler does it says your X1600 is recognized as PCIE? else this could be the problem...Im having the same prob using X1600AGP...

I suggest u to check also if u r not using GMA900....Be sure to have installer Neophus installer...

okay so if neophus installer doesnt work it means u r having a conflict...

Anyway im not sure there is any X1600 in 128Mb...Anyway ur card is recognized as PCI not PCIE so u r not having any hardware acceleration as it should.

I suggest u a proper MYZAR 10.4.5 DVD INSTALL + NEOPHUS, and I BET u'll get rid of this :)

ps: ive made the package with Neophus so I know what i'm talking about

edit: i m quit sure u can fix that just by removing all the GMA900 kexts = Intel... , im 99% sure it makes conflict with Neo's kext! let me know!

May be I'm wromg in memory size...I'll check. I cannot use 10.4.5 - I need to run Shake and latest iSync -10.4.6 is needed.

I'll try to remove any GMA kexts. But, as I said I'm using manually modified ATI kexts from 10.4.5 -not installer.

Thanks for reply

Hi!

Again: my name is NeoPheus! :(

And no, no one needs to replace the device id in the installer! Just install it, reboot and it has to work...

If not, then there is a problem with your system! The installer works correctly on a normal system! :)

Hi!

Again: my name is NeoPheus! :P

And no, no one needs to replace the device id in the installer! Just install it, reboot and it has to work...

If not, then there is a problem with your system! The installer works correctly on a normal system! :P

You wouldn't happen to know why dashboard ripples doesn't seem to work with the newer OpenGL framework?

I tried restoring the older one but that didn't work to good with the newer ATI kext:s and when I restored to the previous ones I still got some nice looking garble :/

Well, I'd like to thank you anyway for making my Asus X1900 work in 3D to some degree :D

i have an issue with my video card...

i have an Asus EAX1600XT silent (i wanted full support) and understand now that there's two versions of this card (a silver heatsink on one and a black on on the other - i have the black one...dev id 0x71C01002). well i applied this 'hack' last night and got native resolutions, rotation, and DVI (i assume sleep works too) but here's what i don't get...before the hack was applied, i had CI/QE support but in the VESA 1024x768 with mouse artifacts...after the hack, i lost CI/QE support but gained everything else.

i'm using JaS 10.4.6 and have the '10.4.6 update' and 'intel sse 3' options as the only ones used (during the install). is there something else i need to do to get support for CI/QE? Or am I at a point where I should try to use 10.4.5 (myzar) instead? or perhaps 10.4.7? thanks.