• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Mac<br />Laptops
My name is kind of a long story. The short version: it's an alias I use on the Internet[s](lol, bush). The long version: The first name, Dax, came from my brother named Josh. He said he was nicknamed Dax at school and stuff. I really looked up to my brother as an idol, so I kinda stole the name. :( As for the last part, I needed a last name for my alias, and I thought Tsurugi fit well with Dax, so there you have it: Dax Tsurugi.

salax

salax

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 122 posts

Staphyl pronounced (St-ah-ful) originates from the microbe Staphylococcus. Latin of course. Just saw it one day while googling for nicks and it stuck. No one else has my nick. Quite ingenious if you ask me.

No offense, but it's Greek of course.. :(
Staphylococcus (in Greek staphyle means bunch of grapes and coccos means granule) is a genus of gram-positive bacteria. Under the microscope they appear round (cocci), and form in grape-like clusters.

(http://en.wikipedia..../Staphylococcus) just to let you know..

Weebs

Weebs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Computer programming, music, video games
Theres two nicknames I go by on the internet, and thats Weebs and Eproht Evad.

Weebs was a nickname given to me by my oldest brother mike when I was 3 or 4, and he was 12 or so. The name just stuck with me and my family calls me by my actual name more often now, but they still use weebs time to time.

As for Eproht Evad, it's just my name backwards. The same brother thought of it when I was 10 and he was 18. He had just bought an Xbox and Halo and that night me and him created profiles and started to play co-op. When we were creating profiles my brother being himself had to have a name that was creative, and so he put in his name backwards, but he used his middle name instead of his first name, and got Eproht Naed which sounded alot like a name that would be used in 2252 :P, so I did it as well but used Eproht Evad.

Conroe Mac

Conroe Mac

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Interests:Beer, fast cars/women, and kicking babies.
I think my nick(s/n?) makes my intentions clear. I'm on this board to make a Conroe Mac.

non sequitur

non sequitur

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
i was reading a slashdot article when i was thinking of a nickname for this board, and i saw someone used "non sequitur" in the comment. i was attatched to the expression because of how awesome it sounds and because i love screwing up conversations.

i usually go by leaping lemur, and that was from when i was in 6th grade, i had a mini obsession with lemurs and i had to think of an adjective to go with it. i use it in most of my online games.

mmk

mmk

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
mmk - i invented the name (it contains my initials) about 9 years ago, when playing quake2 with my freinds, starcraft came, and then others :P and i used the same name. in less than one year my prof. from school started calling me that :)

drcreek

drcreek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Location:Greenwich, London, England, UK, Europe, Earth, SOL Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Doctor Creek - Come form when i was at college and half the guys called me Doctor Who as I have a slight resemblance to Tom Baker (and wear a similar hat) but without the hat i look like another guy form a BBC show Called Jonathan Creek. (Alan Davis)

They quite simply mixed the two and i adopted it as my handle.

anantha11

anantha11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
my name is ananthakali and i was born on 11/11/92 so i noticed that 11 was lucky number for me[hey 9+2 is also 11 =)] so i decided to put it on, i ahve a anantha92 version which is much more common, but i just clciked on anantha11 for this site.

antic

antic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
My first ever computer was an Atari 800. The graphics chip in it was called "Antic". I liked the sound of it so I've used it as one of my nicknames ever since.

pauℓzurrr.

pauℓzurrr.

Paul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
yea ermm my full name is paul jan so i used pJ and i'm 16 so =P

jonz14

jonz14

Insanely Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Mine is jonz14 cuz my last name is jones and I was 14 when I made this nickname

Tom Parker

Tom Parker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Its my name I also go by:

Tom
TomP
tapnet
TomParker
TParker17 or 18

br0adband

br0adband

Yeah whatevarrrr...

• Gurus
  • 362 posts
Mine comes from the fact that I tend to be a really high bandwidth person, so the nick was a natural choice about 17 years ago when I first hopped on IRC as it was just being coded back in 1989. My original nick on IRC at that time was genius, but after a few weeks some idiot latched onto it from a university connection and I simply couldn't get it back - dialup sucks, especially back in those days.

So, I chose broadband originally, but then someone latched onto that from another university connection, and so I changed it to br0adband and it stands today as still mine on most IRC networks, web forums, Google searches, and my domain br0adband.net.

sHARD>>

sHARD>>

All we are is dust in the wind...

• Retired
  • 976 posts

Mine comes from the fact that I tend to be a really high bandwidth person, so the nick was a natural choice about 17 years ago when I first hopped on IRC as it was just being coded back in 1989. My original nick on IRC at that time was genius, but after a few weeks some idiot latched onto it from a university connection and I simply couldn't get it back - dialup sucks, especially back in those days.

So, I chose broadband originally, but then someone latched onto that from another university connection, and so I changed it to br0adband and it stands today as still mine on most IRC networks, web forums, Google searches, and my domain br0adband.net.

/me hands you cool points for being an IRC pioneer.

hmemcpy

hmemcpy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I've been using this nickname for more than a decade. 'hmemcpy' is an old 16bit Windows API which means 'high memory copy'...

rick taylor

rick taylor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
It's pretty dull, I was a little drunk/high when I signed up and I'd not encountered a forum where you have a login & a username before.

I would be themoors, as is usual for me, but instead the whole internet knows my true identity.

01dmeng

01dmeng

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
It is my school username.

the 01 stands for the year my school year was formed (2001)

DM are my initials

eng stands for England

It just sort of stuck!

shtoink

shtoink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Chainsaws and just about anything else mechanical
Mine originated when I was talked in to playing my very fisrt online game by a friend of mine. The game was Team Fortress Classic and appearently it was pretty new at the time. He gave me a copy of the game and got me all setup for playing, but I still needed to pick a name to play by. It took me a little while to decide on something, but I settled for the name of a style of shoe by Airwalk. I remembered seeing it when I was out getting some new shoes and thought that it had to be one of the strangest sounds I had ever seen spelled out. I liked it very much and it's been what I go by ever since.

I guess that isn't the most exciting reason, but it is certainly not a common name. You'd be surprised just how often it gets misspelled, let alone mispronouned.

stargatefan

stargatefan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
my name explains itself. i am a stargate fan. i started by using it in my email adress. it kind of stuck since i kept likeing it even more. i had switched to xyloman for a while then it just took over. i use stargatefan for everything.

Bartboy919

Bartboy919

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
I got on the internets for the first time (AOL) and needed a signin name. simple as that.

Just so happened i had watched the simpsons episode when they had that Bartman song. so i choose bartboy

919 is a random number

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy