The "Explain your nickname" thread

Swad

266 posts in this topic

I always wanted to go to the Computer Expo CeBIT in Hanover, Germany. I also produce music.

So I wanted to use the letters for the nickname and I tried to give them an Additional meaning...

Here goes C.E.B.I.T.

I am also known as "Cebiti Caneda". Cebiti originating from Cebit and Caneda originating from the Scottish Duo "Boards of Canada"

In the book Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift, Lemuel Gulliver goes to an island called Glubbdubdrib which was inhabited by necromancers. It was a short bit of the book and wasn't as good as Laputa but the name was so quirky that i just HAD to use it for everything lol.

So... I'm a Glubbdubdribian.. I'm a scaaaary necromancer, oooooooh! :)

• 2 months later...
I always wanted to go to the Computer Expo CeBIT in Hanover, Germany. I also produce music.

So I wanted to use the letters for the nickname and I tried to give them an Additional meaning...

Here goes C.E.B.I.T.

I am also known as "Cebiti Caneda". Cebiti originating from Cebit and Caneda originating from the Scottish Duo "Boards of Canada"

If you ever come to Hannover, I can get you free tickets for the fair. :)

If I explain my nickname I'll have to kill you. ;)

OK, I'll take the risk of getting mauled by an obese cat. Now explain your nick!

Anyway Mine's self explanatory

I'm your Regular Deep, Reading Between the lines kindda Guy,

And I find problem solving as easy as Going back to Before its Layout (Conception)

hence Bluprint

101 just come from Course ID's from College

So I'm just Crash Coursing Thinking From The Before of the Beginning

Been Getting A's So far

I got mine around the time i was visiting a friend in the Caribbean in the Bahamas, and at the time and still do i had an affinity for fire and fire related stuff dragons etc, but one day his neighbors place caught fire and the grandmother whose bed ridden was still in there so we went in this burning oven to get her out bed and all and everybody was calling us angel's my friend and me and he started calling me blazing and somebody eventually added angel lol so there you have it blazingangel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ryu-ka basically means "Lucas" in Japanese, translated. I used to be obsessed with a game called Mother 3 or EarthBound 2 in the US. The main character's default name is Lucas. The Japanese part came from my cousin, who is learning Japanese. I asked them to say Lucas' name in Japanese, because the game Mother 3 was made by Nintendo, released in Japan, and forgotten by Nintendo of America. Ryu-ka is the name that I use for other forums, and WC3: TFT Battle.net, because I can't really think of anything else to use.

<- My avatar = Lucas sprite

• 2 weeks later...

i have always been able to find amazing deals on things by buying other peoples second hand items. They upgrade and i get it for free or very close to it. I rarely have needed the latest, greatest things. I purchased my first hackintosh from craigslist for 100$. I loved it and thus the phrase "one man's trash is another man's treasure" came to mind.

I feel that hackintosh is like this. Apple makes 5000 $ mac pros and we try and build hackintoshes with significantly cheaper OEM intel parts. I can pick up G5 cases off of craigslist as well as intel parts for pennies on the dollar.

;)

• 4 months later...
David Lynch's first film...done in 1977 as a film project...the same year I was born. Its a cult classic and has been a favorite of mine for some time.

I just watched that film. It was a frickin' trip. The girl with those cheeks...

Mine comes from a character I created while playing my first D&D campaign. Dainix came from combining Dai from some author I saw randomly and Nix from Unix. Thus, Dainix.

• 1 month later...