1,087 posts in this topic

The Specs

D945GCL board

C2D E6600 Processor

x1800xt video card

2 gig ram

installed on a pata 80 gig I had kick'n around

The Install:

I downloaded Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd from the bay (thanks to all the seeders)

booted fine, tried GUID, vanilla, x1x00 natit and kext, netkass smbios, turned off all audio and network, apps...

I added my vid card id to the ATIRadeonX1000.kext works great.

For network and sound I downloaded and followed the instructions from here.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;mode=linear

Thanks microphone! I also had some trouble with the audioinject.kext (I can't find or remember the exact name, (*#*$!)

I had a lot of trouble booting with out the DVD. I tried a lot of things, fdisk, startup, bless, always came back with some sort of error (thanks for the help folks). I finally reformatted as MBR and made sure the hard drive was named Leopard. It finally worked. I tried GUID, disk name Leopard... no boot and I tried MBR, disk name leo... no boot. I guess the DVD bless script expects certain things. I've reformatted and re-installed about 20 times trying to figure this one out.

Final install

format MBR HD name Leopard

turn off everything except vanilla kernel

ATI x1000 kext and natit

turn off all sound

turn off all network

left on the ata board drivers (no VIA, or NForce)

left on Netkass smbios, USB

turned off french keyboard

turned on Timemachine fix

boot

patched

ATI x1000 kext (repair permissions, flush cache, reboot)

network (follow instructions in readme, repair permissions by hand, flush cache, reboot)

install old AppleHDA.kext, deleted AppleAzalia.kext (and audioinject.kext), repair permissions, flush cache, reboot

Rock'n good. Thanks to all who spend their time figuring this stuff out. I'll try to do my small part.

Kaly,

Really sweet release.. installs very fast on my Asus P5LD2-VM.

Although I prefer your release over Leo4Allv3 (yours if faster, cleaner, etc), I get full system sleep on my hardware with Leo4All (vanilla kernel) and not with Kalyway 10.5.2 (vanilla kernel). What are the key components (kexts) that control system sleep? I have tried swapping, retrograding AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleAPIC.kext to no avail. I noticed that theLeo4All folks keep in extensions the AppleEFIHW.kext thing and you have removed it. It tried to put it back but it also made no difference.

Any thoughts? I love the system sleep I get with the Leo4All release but don't like the orange drive icons (what are you doing different there?)

Thanks for your hard work

Anyone else having permissions problems after this install? (Yes I repaired disk permissions via Disk Utility.) I created an alias and tried to rename it and get an error message, something about not having sufficient permissions. Searched this whole thread and didn't see that one come up. Help? Ideas?

I install just fine, but I can't seem to boot at all. So far I get a kernel panic with speedtestkernel, modbinkernel doesn't seem to work, and the sleepkernel has IOATA Error that keeps popping up. Either way I am having problems getting into the OS.. Also I have to boot with -x to boot off the DVD and be able to get anywhere past Choose Your Language screen.

I did read them. This is what I see.

sleepkernel (intel/amd/sse2/sse3)

speedstepkernel (intel/amd/sse2/sse3)

nforcekernel (intel/sse3)

modbinkernel (intel/amd/sse3) Intel only?

vanillakernel (intel/sse3)

kabylkernel (intel/sse3) with sleep support

Edit - After some more tinkering I managed to get everything to work right. I guess all I needed was a nice long night of rest and try again.

Has anyone had troubles with the system hanging on large IO reads or writes? I don't know exactly what's causing it, maybe my system is just unstable. If anyone's 10.5.2 install hangs send me your specs so i can compare and maybe i can find what's making it hang. Much appreciated. For those that are interested, or would like to compare:

nforce 4 chipset - using MeDevil's kext (very nice, wonder if this is the problem?)

ECS n-force 570SLI-T motherboard

intel core 2 duo 2.4 GHz

4Gb RAM @ 667 dual channel

EVGA GeForce 7900 GS KO

DWA-556 extreme-n adapter (might be causing the hangs, happens a lot on downlaods, though detected as airport out of the box)

if you need anything else let me know, we'll compare

*EDIT*

Seems like adding the cpus=1 kernel at installation works, or well i installed it after the fact but it doesn't matter. No hangs now, but only one core...

Hello jofman101190

I have the same problem, and i don't know what is the reason,

but when i look to system.log i found problems on using Toast 9

My hardware:

Gigabyte GA-X38-DS5

Intel CORE 2 DUO 2,7Ghz

Geforce 8600GT

Pionner DVD-RW DVR-106D IDE

4GB Ram

HD 500GB sata

Gor

anybody has experience with the hp tx2000 series? i am noob and the other installations dvds won't work.if there are any drivers for the folowing hardware, pls tell me.

Tech specs:

AMD Turion64 x2 TL-60 Tyler (65nm, 2x512KB L2 cache)

2Gb DDR2 sdram (2dimms)

160GB 5400rpm sata

Broadcom WLAN a/b/g

Nvidia nforce 430 chipset

nvidia geforce go 6150

Nforce networking controller

HP Bluetooth module

Remote control

12.1" screen with hybrid digitizer (wacom penabled)

DVD+/-RW DL with LightScribe

SPDIF out

Motorola 56k Modem

i would be looking to triple boot it with vista and ubuntu. From what i read in the tx1000 thread, the recovery partition cannot boot. i need the recovery partition. i hope all of you will help me out because windows has been giving me bsds when ever i run incompatitble software. if so anybody with experience with this hp tablet convertible give step by step instructions for this setup thank you. if anybody can procure drivers for wacom digitizer for ubuntu and broadcom wlan forubuntu pls tell me how to go abt it.

I have got a dell 1520 I have installed Kalyway 10.5.1 on an USB external drive on the extended partition, as suggested, with a mbr system and the mbr install selected. The install went successfully, and it says ' restart your computer now' or something along those line. I reboot the system and now when I try to boot into mac, with my usb hard frive plugged in i get the message 'No Boot Sector on USB Drive' , the computer then goes to the next boot device (install CD), and if thats not in then onto vista

I installed with Vanilla kernel, and MBR option. Selected all the drivers I needed, so close to getting it to work!!!

Can anyone help me to fix my problem? Thanks

To let you know i'm installing it on a western digital passport usb drive, on a 9GB partition on that drive. format to a MAC OSX Journaled Extended partition

hi kely

I'm having an issue with 10.5.2

after installation and everyithing my CPU is at 100% always and opening applications

is very slow.

Activity monitor shows Cpu 100% and when trying to shut down applications it says that I need to log off

This is an awesome release, solved ALL my issues with my AMD rig.

But now I'm trying to convert the g'friends Acer aspire 5720, install loads ok but the system completely shutsdown after a few minutes.. tried all the kernels/flags but still with the same problem.... Any ideas?

Some one to help

I made the installation in my Laptop Sony Vaio VGN FZ21E

but not works

ethernet Marvel Yukon 8.......36

Display resolution Nvdia 8600

sound card Sigmatel

and also the fun

Can you help me?

After trying Leo4all i'm trying kaly again as I heard it has better compatability with my laptop. Everything will work not like in leo4all. Anyway I can't get it to install. I have tried everything, a normal boot a boot with -v and boot with -x (safe mode) and with -f , but it always gets stuck at the same point, see picture

fef5ec53ed8353804a351d4847ac134e.JPG.th.jpg

I have a problem with read/write ntfs partition. After installing Kaly 10.5.2 I cant use paragon ntfs nor macfuse. Both solutions worked fine with previous installation, it was Mac4All v.2. In many things Kaly 10.5.2 is better - 8800gt works with QE/CI enabled from start, before I use agrafuese string. But some problems still occured - for example my ide dvd works fine but sata dvd was recognized but not mounted discs. Then I replace AppleNforceATA.kext (medevil) with kext from Leo4all v.3 and now both burners works fine. There is still need for lingon solution for usb. And now the last problem with paragon ntfs. When I install it, I cant mount any of the ntfs partitions, and when try to verify and repair the disc there is error - resource busy. Then I uninstall paragon ntfs and everything is ok, but ntfs is "read only", of course. Anyone have idea?

i have issues with this version as well, just like the rest, boot into the installer and doesn't see any hard drive! hard drive has been wiped and formatted fat32! any help appreciated

Has anyone had troubles with the system hanging on large IO reads or writes? I don't know exactly what's causing it, maybe my system is just unstable. If anyone's 10.5.2 install hangs send me your specs so i can compare and maybe i can find what's making it hang. Much appreciated. For those that are interested, or would like to compare:nforce 4 chipset - using MeDevil's kext (very nice, wonder if this is the problem?)ECS n-force 570SLI-T motherboardintel core 2 duo 2.4 GHz4Gb RAM @ 667 dual channelEVGA GeForce 7900 GS KODWA-556 extreme-n adapter (might be causing the hangs, happens a lot on downlaods, though detected as airport out of the box)if you need anything else let me know, we'll compare*EDIT*Seems like adding the cpus=1 kernel at installation works, or well i installed it after the fact but it doesn't matter. No hangs now, but only one core...
lock ups on nforce chipsets are because of your 4gigs of ram. go down to two and that should fix the panics. I had the same issue, hence why i got rid of my 680i for an x38 intel
Kaly, in your next version please add support for Core 2 Quad CPUs & 8800GTS 512MB Graphic Cards.Thanks in advance,Panarchy
It does have support for these things, i dont see my yours isnt working if you selected the right options, which kernel did you use?

Hi kaly,

I like your work on leopard, I have installed your DVD10.5.1 and upload in 10.5.2 your release.

Everything work perfectly.

Last week I try to install your last release DVD10.5.2, everything work perfectly too, except Ilife'08, I have installation error. and I cannot install Ilife :s !!

I post a topic in the forum in french section and in application section to resolve my problem, but for the moment I have no solution.

My post is here :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=102808

Thanks you for answer.

Good work on leopard

Your release is perfect !!

thanks

I had a lot of trouble booting with out the DVD. I tried a lot of things, fdisk, startup, bless, always came back with some sort of error (thanks for the help folks). I finally reformatted as MBR and made sure the hard drive was named Leopard. It finally worked. I tried GUID, disk name Leopard... no boot and I tried MBR, disk name leo... no boot. I guess the DVD bless script expects certain things. I've reformatted and re-installed about 20 times trying to figure this one out.

Final install

format MBR HD name Leopard

turn off everything except vanilla kernel

ATI x1000 kext and natit

turn off all sound

turn off all network

left on the ata board drivers (no VIA, or NForce)

left on Netkass smbios, USB

turned off french keyboard

turned on Timemachine fix

boot

I am also having problems with the DVD being required to boot. But I am having a hard time believing that all (or even most of the parameters) you have outlined have anything to do with the problem.

I solved my problem (needing to use the DVD to boot) by apparently reformatting my installation disk to MBR (I tweaked some other options in the Kalyway 10.5.2 menu, but again I really can not imagine those making much difference, essentially I used the defaults to make this work).