Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Good stuff, but won't even boot to the install. Get's stuck at the PHY line.

T42: 1.7M SSE2, 1.5GB ram, 60GB 7200RPM, etc etc.

EDIT: I let it sit there for 10-15 min and it booted into the install screen. Note, you have to move hte mouse around during install or it will sleep.

Will report back with post-installation.

EDIT2: 1st install resulted in a it freezing after the cluster message

2nd install resulted in a kernel panic.

I'm not sure which kernel setup I'm suppose to use with SSE2 so it's trial and error..just takes forever.

EDIT3: Got it to install and boot but I had to keep moving the mouse. Takes about 5-10 minutes to start up but I found a fix which I have to try. First, I have to get the WiFi Working on my atheros chip.

EDIT4: Went back to Kalyway's 10.5.1 and got the WiFi working.

Ok, I need some help. First of all, when I tried dual-booting onto it, the installer wiped my other partition, but that's ok, because I backed it up. Now, I just finished installing this about 20 minutes ago, and it is still booting. It's been booting for a long time. The boot screen looks pretty normal and everything. Is the first boot supposed to be like this, or do you think there is an error?

help...

I've installed this on a dell 530 with core 2 quad 2.4ghz...4gig ram..and nvidia gfx card..

all works fine...except for..

cannot get onboard network card to work...I believe it is an intel network card...

I guess I can buy a PCI one..can people recommend a brand that does work ?

also..USB..seems to work and also not work..for smaller memory stick..say 512mb..this works like a charm..

as soon as i plug in a larger one..say external hdd for eg...doens't pick it up unless i reboot with it plugged in..

bit of a pain..

is there a work around this USB problem ?

thanks

i'd like to thank kaly for a no-hassle crash-free install. everything except the builtin NIC works perfectly after-install (i'll look into that issue later). i loaded it with stuff i use regularly on my mac (adobe cs2 using rosetta among others) and it hasn't crashed once during its first week! you're my hero!

help...

I've installed this on a dell 530 with core 2 quad 2.4ghz...4gig ram..and nvidia gfx card..

all works fine...except for..

cannot get onboard network card to work...I believe it is an intel network card...

I guess I can buy a PCI one..can people recommend a brand that does work ?

also..US

I was looking at getting that same machine. There are a couple threads on this forum about it. The on-board ethernet doesn't work and there are no drivers for it. So you'll definitely need to get a PCI ethernet card.

Quick Q about your system--does sleep/shutdown/restart all work fine?

Sorry I don't have any advice regarding the USB drive issue.

actually sleep/shut down/restart doesn't work with the vanilla kernel...

I'm going to play around with different kernels and settings to see what works best..

4 cores work...gfx works...nvidia 128meg

4gig of ram is picked up also..

xbench results over 200

i'm yet to test out all the usual software.

The USB not functioning properly is very annoying though..

reinstalled with kabyl kernel..usb seems to work fine now...

still no sleep/shutdown or restart...but i can live with that...

update--

found an old 'digital' network card...it works...but only picked up as 10base...better than nothing for now :P

ok...actually...restart works...just can't shut down...:D

so i updated to kalyway 10.5.3 with vanilla kernel 9.3.0 and everything appears to be working..

lost QE/CI did the patch update and got that back. :)

shutdown and restarts even works now..so i'm happy about that..

quote from FromMac2Hack:

I was looking at getting that same machine. There are a couple threads on this forum about it. The on-board ethernet doesn't work and there are no drivers for it. So you'll definitely need to get a PCI ethernet card.

Quick Q about your system--does sleep/shutdown/restart all work fine?

Sorry I don't have any advice regarding the USB drive issue.

----

after updating to kalyway 10.5.3 with vanilla kernel 9.3.0..i now have shutdown and restart..

USB problem fixed....ethernet also fixed after putting in 3com network card..

every all good from my end :(...

hope u have success also

Hello,

I am running a Toshiba Sat S5818 with the following specs.

AMD Turion TL-60 64 X2 Mobile 2.0 GHZ

Memory is 2 GIGS OF RAM

VIDEO: ATI Radeon X1200

SOUND: RealTEk

Wireless: Atheros

What would be the best options and patches to use for the Kalyway Install? I have tried 3 diff times all which have failed. 1 time I did get the OSX Loader after I installed but it just frooze, other two I get no OSX Loader just a text readout and it just freezes as it loads things without error.

I would like to try reinstalling again any advise would be apprcaiated.

after updating to kalyway 10.5.3 with vanilla kernel 9.3.0..i now have shutdown and restart..

USB problem fixed....ethernet also fixed after putting in 3com network card..

every all good from my end :) ...

hope u have success also

Great to hear, man. I ended up going with a different build, so I could swap parts as necessary, but glad to know that beast of a machine works for you!

Great to hear, man. I ended up going with a different build, so I could swap parts as necessary, but glad to know that beast of a machine works for you!

thanks..yeah..really happy...

how did u go with your install ?? all good ?

Hi, I'm wonder whether u guys can help me out anot? I'm new in this things, but I got myself a Kalyway Leopard. Done all the partitionings etc, but when I boot it into my computer, the process stopped at the line ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 or something like tat. I waited for few hrs for it to progress, but it just hang there. I tried typing -v, -s at the darwin loader, but it's still the same.

Weirdly, when I used the VMWare out of desperation, it is able to run until there is a gray screen loaded on it (with a blue cursor) and then hang there as well. any reason that vmware manage to put the installation thus far, and why is tat I cant progress with it as well? Based on the many readings I have done, I should be anticipating the language selection screen..

I'm using Toshiba Satellite A80, with Intel proc SSE2. 768MB Ram, 10GB partition for mac.

Thanks

I have this exact same problem aswell on my HP Pavilion ZE2251ea intel centrino 1.6ghz 512mb RAM notebook.

Kalyway's 10.4.10 works a charm though, but I have the same problems you have with Kalyway 10.5.2 intel_AMD (sse2/sse3) EFI V8 DVD

I wish Kaly could help ;)

Artmuzz

hi,

I have the same msg when tried to instal osx86 in my pc

"still waiting for root device"

my config is:

Intel core2quad 2,5 q9300

Mobo E-vga 790i ultra sli

1 hd Sata2 320g seagate ntfs with Vista ultimate x86

1 hd Sata2 500g Seagate FAT32 empty

DvD-RW Pionner Sata

in my mobo setup dont have the option to set sata drivers to ide,

its have on option that is "jmicron ACHI = Disable/Enable"

can anyone help me?

Thank you for this release :D Works like a charm :D

Only: Really,really slow boot....From blue-screen to completely loaded desktop it takes a really long time :P

+ 3945abg isn't working, but i guess thats just a matter of time? :)

while i was trying to install on my compaq presario (intel pentium 4)...

it started to install and about 5 seconds into installing it stops and then brings u the screen

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132

247MB memory

VESA v3.0 7MB (Intel®845G/845GL/845GE/845GV Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS)

use (up & down arrows) to select the startup volume.

hd(128,0) Ethernet PXE Clinet

Press ENTER to start up Darwin/x86 with no options, or you can:

Type -v and press Enter to start up with diagnostic message

Type ? and press ENTER to learn about advanced startup options

boot:

I tried -v and ? and just pressing enter but every time I would get this message

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132

247MB memory

VESA v3.0 7MB (Intel®845G/845GL/845GE/845GV Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS

)

System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

what is happening and what to do

i'm having problem after the installation.

finder is not loading after the registation process.

the welcome screen & registration appeared properly but after the I logged on the login window app. i get stuck with the blue screen. no finder, no spotlight, no what so ever, just a rotating rainbow wheel.

what can i do with this? thank you very much in advance.

hi,

I have the same msg when tried to instal osx86 in my pc

"still waiting for root device"

my config is:

Intel core2quad 2,5 q9300

Mobo E-vga 790i ultra sli

1 hd Sata2 320g seagate ntfs with Vista ultimate x86

1 hd Sata2 500g Seagate FAT32 empty

DvD-RW Pionner Sata

in my mobo setup dont have the option to set sata drivers to ide,

its have on option that is "jmicron ACHI = Disable/Enable"

can anyone help me?

ok, after change my dvd-r sata drive for a ide drive i could run the instaler,

but when it starts to instal i recive a msg that ocorrured a error, i save the log, here is the lasts lines.:

"
Jun 8 17:27:17 localhost OSInstaller[156]: Sending [1024:(null)]: {\n Message = Progress;\n Percentage = 20;\n}

Jun 8 17:27:17 localhost OSInstaller[156]: Sending [1024:(null)]: {\n Message = Progress;\n Remaining = "Time Remaining: About 56 minutes";\n}

Jun 8 17:27:17 localhost payloadExtractor[342]: BomFileError 45: Operation not supported - /Volumes/MAC//System/Library/Filesystems/cddafs.fs/Contents/Resources/cddafs.util

Jun 8 17:27:18 localhost payloadExtractor[342]: 21288 of 21289 files written in 52.50 seconds.

Jun 8 17:27:18 localhost payloadExtractor[342]: 1178977 kilobytes installed at 21.9 MB/s.

Jun 8 17:27:18 localhost payloadExtractor[342]: Error extracting archive.

Jun 8 17:27:18 localhost payloadExtractor[342]: pkgExtractor exited with error 1 while processing package '/System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystem.pkg'

Jun 8 17:27:18 localhost OSInstaller[156]: Install failed: The Installer could not install some files in "/Volumes/MAC". Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Jun 8 17:27:18 localhost OSInstaller[156]: Sending [1024:(null)]: {\n Explanation = "The Installer could not install some files in \U201c/Volumes/MAC\U201d. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.";\n Message = Failure;\n}

Jun 8 17:27:18 localhost OSInstaller[156]: Memory statistics for 'Install Failed' pane:

Jun 8 17:27:18 localhost OSInstaller[156]: Physical Memory Allocation: 302 MB wired, 141 MB trapped, 44 MB active, 555 MB inactive, 1006 MB free, 1605 MB usable, 2048 MB total

Jun 8 17:27:55 localhost Unknown[78]: 2008-06-08 17:27 Mac OS X Installer[156] (CarbonCore.framework) FSEventStreamStart: ERROR: FSEvents_connect() => Unknown service name (1102)

Jun 8 17:27:57 localhost OSInstaller[156]: installAutoFSMonitor: open failed

Jun 8 17:28:26 localhost Unknown[78]: 2008-06-08 17:28:26.672 Mac OS X Installer[156:d81f] NSSoftLinking - The QuickLook framework's library couldn't be loaded from (null)."

any one can help? i am a little noob, i have to set something at the personalise in the instalation?

Can anyone tell me what to do with J-micron I succesfully installed 10.5.2 kaly's distro but i can't boot. When im trying to boot i get at the diagnostics:

JMicronATA:JMB368(CMD 0xdc00, CTR 0xd880, IRQ 16, BM0xd400)

Still waiting for root device.

Please help

After successful installation of Kalyway 1.5.2, I boot from HDD. Then the small bootloader font shows for a split second (about 25lines are printed) and the system reboots. I cant exactly pinpoint the error since I cant read that fast why the system crashes while booting.

How can I slow the bootloader on the harddrive down so that I can tell what the error is? Or alternatively what is the problem in my setup in the first place?

What I tried without success:

- Reinstall

- Select the other AMD patch at install

- -v -x -s

- Read a lot and then some and then started a threat here (see sig)

Keep getting "Install Failed"

The installer could not install some files in "/Volume/Untitled 3".

Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

amd x6000

geforce 8500gt graphics card.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you :poster_spam: