Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Thanks Kaly,

It worked for me the first time!

I am having one issue with losing my internet connection after sleep. I am using a trend net pci card because others have reported that it works out of the box with stock apple drivers. Is it possible that i should have unchecked all boxes in the network card section of the installer? I have forgotten what i checked but is it possible that I replaced the stock driver that I needed with a modified one that is now causing problems?

as you can tell I am new here,

thanks for your understanding if I have posted this in the wrong place.

what does it mean it come with EFI V8? that everytime you make a GUID partition it will be making a EFI partition v8? I've been inserting the boot_v8 file everytime I made a GUID partition...

enlight me plz thx :hysterical:

stefh-

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not sure I did this correctly but I went into the networking section in system preferences and change from DHCP to DHCP with manual address. I typed in the number that the computer had currently been assigned.

by the way I use an Airport extreme base station.

Does this sound correct?

thanks

Installed on top of an iATKOS 10.5.1 install, no issues at all (it seemed stuck just near the end, but I just waited a few mins and it completed the installation fine). Didn't even have to wipe my hd again. Thus far, all seems to be working nice.

hi dude,

i've got a problemwhile installation.i didnt find any tab like wat u've told to make partition in the hard disk.i continued with the installation with asingle drive.i didnt get a chance to select the kernel.so i reatarted n at the darwin point i pressed F8 n entered the kernel.but inspite of that i dint get anything

after restart i could c only the apple logo n a clock running endlessly n nothing else.

i didnt know how to use the key which u have given.

i couyld only burn the iso file on the dvd.

can u please helpme on this issue.

i'm running on AMD 4000+ proccessor on an NVIDIA mother board.

any help from ur end will be gr8.

please mail me on elbrus84@yahoo.co.in

Whats the correct MD5 checksum of the ISO ???

checksum for Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso

SHA-1

d48c058c8f2e61a636556fc3152208a35a96150d

MD5

e03af401cc9e0baab1401199170ddf99

Thanks for providing that essential info. :wacko:

checksum for Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso

SHA-1

d48c058c8f2e61a636556fc3152208a35a96150d

MD5

e03af401cc9e0baab1401199170ddf99

May i know where is darwin and masterboot record to select in installations if i take whole IDE it works fine but when i try to isntall on SATA which got windows os it install but there is no dual boot neither it boots on leopard

Follow my dual boot guide on the How-to section of the Leo4All Wiki or the Genius Bar of this forum to enable dual boot options. =)

May i know where is darwin and masterboot record to select in installations if i take whole IDE it works fine but when i try to isntall on SATA which got windows os it install but there is no dual boot neither it boots on leopard

SMBIOS swapping will not hose your system. Only thing is it affects other apps & performance within OSX and stuff but should not kill your install. Dont worry.

Well good point about the bus speed & I have thought about that. I tried xbench & it does not tell bus speed, ram runs at 667. Geekbench does show bus speed though. In geekbench it shows 200mhz. So then i figured it was just taking the data from smbios. I cant be sure thats right though. So I figured I would do a test and see what another laptop with similar specs would get in geekbench. Another guy with a C2D 1.66Ghz machine with GMA950 video and 2gb of ram got a 1751 score. Hes got a lower CPU and video. The best I can do with x3100 graphics and a 1.8ghz C2D and 2GB ram is 1660. So there is a hit to performance. Not much of one but its a hit. What do you guys think? Am I nuts? I plan to run the test in windows next and see what those results are as that would be definitive.

Son of a {censored} your right. Thats what it is. Shoot how do I deal with this? I need AppleHDA for sound. Also your right it was a sleep kernal (not shutdown one, which i could care less about). The sleep kernal also panics on me so I'm back to the speedstep kernal as its the best for me if that damn speedstep app would load every time. I have tried everything to get that thing to load at every startup and it still does not. Any ideas?

THANKS ALL

How would i know wad smbios patch to use? they look different, yet the same.

Follow my dual boot guide on the How-to section of the Leo4All Wiki or the Genius Bar of this forum to enable dual boot options. =)

Mate,

Can i have a link .. i tried to search and there was no result. thanks

i got a problem my display i had to do the root command first to get it to boot the screen now that it did my display res. is big and only one is listed (1024X768). On 10.5.1 it would list a whole bunch.

Inspiron E1705 1.8 Core 2 duo

Intel 945GM graphics so it says when booting up.

2 gig of ram.

how can i fix this?

Thanks.

i got a problem my display i had to do the root command first to get it to boot the screen now that it did my display res. is big and only one is listed (1024X768). On 10.5.1 it would list a whole bunch.

Inspiron E1705 1.8 Core 2 duo

Intel 945GM graphics so it says when booting up.

2 gig of ram.

how can i fix this?

Thanks.

ok i got a fix. i took the leo4all .2 dvd and extracted the 950gm files and then installed them kext's and it works now !!!!

Hi, I'm wonder whether u guys can help me out anot? I'm new in this things, but I got myself a Kalyway Leopard. Done all the partitionings etc, but when I boot it into my computer, the process stopped at the line ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 or something like tat. I waited for few hrs for it to progress, but it just hang there. I tried typing -v, -s at the darwin loader, but it's still the same.

Weirdly, when I used the VMWare out of desperation, it is able to run until there is a gray screen loaded on it (with a blue cursor) and then hang there as well. any reason that vmware manage to put the installation thus far, and why is tat I cant progress with it as well? Based on the many readings I have done, I should be anticipating the language selection screen..

I'm using Toshiba Satellite A80, with Intel proc SSE2. 768MB Ram, 10GB partition for mac.

Thanks

HP nc6400 notebook.

945 chipset with gm950, 2 gb ram.

install ok, reboot and filling up information..

"Do you already own a Mac"

I choose Don not transfer .. click continue...

It than go back to the 1st page and start asking language again...

any hints?

hey "hkechung", write the following commands and ur prob. will be solved. keep in mind that "_" means a "SPACE" here:While booting press F8 and type the following in the "boot:" cmd line:sudo_-s <ENTER>/sbin/mount_-uw_/ <ENTER>passwd_root <ENTER> (this will then ask u to enter the new password for the root two time... don`t worry if the screen shows nothing that u have typed.....its for security purpose)touch_/var/db/.applesetupdone <ENTER>reboot <ENTER>After the above things when it reboots it will take directly to the login screen... just login with the root account and with the password u gave just above and enjoy!!!!!Hey guys need some help out here.... My acer aspire 5583 audio doens`t seem to work after instally from this kalyway 10.5.2. I installed Azalia package and my internal speaker started working.... but still my headphone jack doesn`t work!!!!!!!!! It worked well when i had the ToH Leopard release installed on my laptop. Plz Help me out someone.hey guys... i needed one more help. I just found out that this kalyway 10.5.2... has also installed the bootcamp assistant for me....( I am just thinking how the hell it did that????)...ok whatever.....but when i try to run it it says "You must update your computer`s Boot ROM firmware before using this setup assistant." Now what the hell does this mean.... does it have anything to do woth the kernel?????Any help is appreciated guys!!!!!

i have a problem booting the installer. apparently my desktop boots it but my tx2000 with amd does not. it says something like ".../apple.boot.com.plist" not found but nothing apparently happened when i booted with my intel desktop.help me

I have been Having alot of crashing for this release

but not 10.5.1

for example . time machine will crash if I turn some other programs while I'm in the Preference of time machine

running lightroom and open iphoto will cause both to crash

can't restart or shutdown for most the time

I've only install Lightroom (1.4) but same problem for previous version . 1.1 1.3

Ilife

nothing else nothing more

This are my Hardware

Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L

Geforce FX 5200 256MB ram

2x 400GB WD HDD

All the hardware works without install extra driver that don't come with kalway 10.5.2 DVD