Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Galbrill, Annoid and others, I was comparing the kaly 10.5.1 install dvd with the current 10.5.2 one, it seems that there is one file missing in the later dvd, the file is Vanilla, 9.8 mb in size. Also that file iz present in apple boot drive.

so I just wonder, perhaps the reason of not getting installed is that file. The ISO of kaly 10.5.2 doesn't contain it! Wrong ISO downloaded?

Any idea? how to add that file into dvd iso?

First of all, thank you kaly for another fine release.

Now the problem: I get stuck when booting at line "NTFS driver 2.1 [flags R/O]", if it helps, a couple of lines above this ove theres another that says "localhost diskarbitrationd [44] : CoreRAIDserver [43] 16395 not responding"

I'm trying to boot it on my laptop with the following configuraion:

Intel C2D T7700@2.40

4 GBs of RAM

Mobility Radeon 2600 HD

120GB HDD@7200rpm

any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

I've just made upgrade to this version from Leo4All v.2. Now system runs faster, apps load faster, and what is very importent it fixed bootiing problems (system didnt want to start from hdd, only via inserted dvd).

Also, I have updated system including time machine patch without any booting issues.

So, this Kayway 10.5.2 is cool!

I have Asrock mobo with Pentium D processor

Nvidia 7600 gs agp (fully working /dual view + acceleration/)

RTL network card 8139 (working - also if you start from Kalyway cd!)

USB - working

Sound Ac97 - working [but i cannot change the volume (???)]

Mouse + kboard /usb/ working

1 dimm 1GB RAM - working

Pinnacle TV Pro PCI Card - duno.. :(

ps. still doesn work "about this mac" :)((((((((

Greetz.

Galbrill, Annoid and others, I was comparing the kaly 10.5.1 install dvd with the current 10.5.2 one, it seems that there is one file missing in the later dvd, the file is Vanilla, 9.8 mb in size. Also that file iz present in apple boot drive.

so I just wonder, perhaps the reason of not getting installed is that file. The ISO of kaly 10.5.2 doesn't contain it! Wrong ISO downloaded?

Any idea? how to add that file into dvd iso?

How are you seeing what's on the DVD? I've d/l'ed twice, the md5sum matches on both, I've burned both at the lowest speed possible, and all I get on the dvd is:

====

G:\>dir /a

Volume in drive G is Mac OS X Boot

Volume Serial Number is B8DE-DD40

Directory of G:\

06/24/2005 06:47 PM 1,794 BootHelp.txt

01/24/2008 03:18 AM 61,440 cdboot.pcefi.debug

2 File(s) 63,234 bytes

0 Dir(s) 0 bytes free

G:\>

This is being burned on an XP machine, that has always worked before, for Kalyway 10.5.1. for example.

The disks bootable on other hardware (That I don't want to install MAC on) so I *think* the disk is ok

Annoid, I also tried to install on machine where I had no problem with kalyway previous dvd.you can see the files on disk by unhiding them(if you use kalyway 10.51. you have that utility on it), or form XP choose some soft for iso., power iso, or whatever, and change the view and you'll see it.vanilla file is present on Kalyway 10.5.1 dvd disk as well as after installation on apple root disk!so I thought maybe the reason is that?Annoid, I also tried to install on machine where I had no problem with kalyway previous dvd.you can see the files on disk by unhiding them(if you use kalyway 10.51. you have that utility on it), or form XP choose some soft for iso., power iso, or whatever, and change the view and you'll see it.vanilla file is present on Kalyway 10.5.1 dvd disk as well as after installation on apple root disk!so I thought maybe the reason is that?Can someone who managed to install 10.5.2 dvd tell us, whether that file is present on their DVD? thanks!

Can someone who managed to install 10.5.2 dvd tell us, whether that file is present on their DVD? thanks!
IsoBuster opens these easily, so I can confirm that the vanilla kernel is not present in the root directory of the 10.5.2 ISO, where it is in the 10.5.1 ISO

I don't think this is the cause of the bootup failures, at least not in my case. however, as I don't think my hardware wouldn't boot a vanilla kernel in any case, as it's SSE2. They've changed something in the default kernel

They 10.5.2 disc boots "mach_kernel" by default, as I *think* the 10.5.1 disc did, but wether this kernel is the sleep kernel renamed, or what, I have no idea. I don't think it was in .5.1 as one of your boot up options was listed in the docs as vanilla, so that shouldn't be offered as an option.

IsoBuster opens these easily, so I can confirm that the vanilla kernel is not present in the root directory of the 10.5.2 ISO, where it is in the 10.5.1 ISO

I don't think this is the cause of the bootup failures, at least not in my case. however, as I don't think my hardware wouldn't boot a vanilla kernel in any case, as it's SSE2. They've changed something in the default kernel

They 10.5.2 disc boots "mach_kernel" by default, as I *think* the 10.5.1 disc did, but wether this kernel is the sleep kernel renamed, or what, I have no idea. I don't think it was in .5.1 as one of your boot up options was listed in the docs as vanilla, so that shouldn't be offered as an option.

You are right, the problem is not that file. I've just started installing it on another laptop( Asus W1) and it didn't freeze to that darwin point. I see now screen and options. etc..

if you want adding drivers support to dvd boot you must put the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd folder on your desktop then put kexts you want add to dvd extensions in the ADD_KEXT_TO_DVD folder (you can find natit for ati hd in this folder) and run Add_kext_to_dvd_boot.command !!!

Do you HAVE to add this to DVD in order for the drivers/everything to work??? I'm curious. And if you do need it, what's the point of it? thanks

Hello,

I'm new at this "mac on pc" thing and I need some help:

I installed the kalyway version with the sleep kernel. I had some usb problem with it and I tried the vanilla kernel which solve everything.

Now I'd like to install the vanilla kernel for good but I don't know how to do it.

Can someone help me please ?

Thank you :(

Edit: Found it :)

Hey kaly thanks man!! Working on my EVGA 680i and Q6600 Installed on HD 80GB SATA2!!! Summary Kernel Activity:

KabylKernel (Doesn't Works Reboot)

nForceKernel (Works 4 Cores, No USB)

SleepKernel (Works 4 Cores, No USB)

VanillaKernel (Doesn't Works Reboot)

MdbinKernel (Works with cpus=1 flag, USB Working too, this is the more stable for me)

SpeedStepKernel (Works 4 Cores, No USB)

post-166415-1208142721_thumb.png

if you want adding drivers support to dvd boot you must put the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd folder on your desktop then put kexts you want add to dvd extensions in the ADD_KEXT_TO_DVD folder (you can find natit for ati hd in this folder) and run Add_kext_to_dvd_boot.command !!!Do you HAVE to add this to DVD in order for the drivers/everything to work??? I'm curious. And if you do need it, what's the point of it? thanks

KALY THANKS... Great release!!! I have a few questions about this release.

1. I have tried what was mentioned above copying it to my desktop & run the command. I have still not gotten it to work. Need better directions for this thing. I figured out that I have to change permissions to 777, to get the command to run at all. I have x3100 graphics and all I need is paulicats natit.kext added to this disc as the x3100 driver that is included x3100 kext does not work for my system. I get no QE/CI with it. CAN someone explain better how to use that command as I really could use it?

2. I am having some strange issues with USB with this release. USB works when i start the system and have a device in but then if I take all USB devices out I lose USB from that point until I restart. I have Never had USB problems with any release ever 10.5.0+ & I have used netkas SS 9.2.0 kernal with my system before with iatkos. Possible related to system.kext I think. I would like to find a better solution then the Lingon app fix I just found as that is a somewhat dirty work around.

THANKS for your suggestions

KALY THANKS... Great release!!! I have a few questions about this release.

1. How the hell do you use that add_kext_to_dvd command? I have tried what you mentioned copying it to my desktop & that did not work. I can not understand the readme included that tries to explain how to use it. I have x3100 graphics and all I need is paulicats natit.kext added to this disc as the x3100 driver that is included x3100 kext does not work for my system. I get no QE/CI with it. CAN someone explain better how to use that command as I really could use it?

2. I am having some strange issues with USB with this release. USB works when i start the system and have a device in but then if I take all USB devices out I lose USB from that point until I restart. I have Never had USB problems with any release ever 10.5.0+ & I have used netkas SS 9.2.0 kernal with my system before with iatkos. Possible related to system.kext I think. I would like to find a better solution then the Lingon app fix I just found as that is a somewhat dirty work around.

THANKS for your suggestions

#1. Once the torrent is downloaded to your Mac or Hackintosh, it'll take the form of a folder called Kalyway_10.5.2_Intel_AMD in your torrent download folder. Copy the entire folder (including the .iso AND the add_dvd_to_kext.command file and folder) to your Mac desktop. For some reason the script assumes that you've downloaded the entire torrent to your desktop, and also that you've got a working Mac or Hackintosh.

#2. I'm having problems with USB as well. My situation is that USB drives won't mount unless I disable USB 2.0 in the BIOS. My KVM also will "lose" the keyboard and mouse if I switch away from my pseudo-Mac. I can fix this by disabling "Legacy USB" in my BIOS, but then I lose the ability to enter kernel options into the Darwin bootloader. What is this Lingon utility you're talking about? It might also help if you post your specs, or add them to your signature.

EDIT: Just found Lingon and the kextload trick. It works great. Now I'll see if I can use it to boot a USB drive at full speed.

Hopefully #1 will help you out some. With the kext added to my DVD, my Radeon X1800GTO was recognized at first boot and I even got the Apple "Welcome" video.

#1. Once the torrent is downloaded to your Mac or Hackintosh, it'll take the form of a folder called Kalyway_10.5.2_Intel_AMD in your torrent download folder. Copy the entire folder (including the .iso AND the add_dvd_to_kext.command file and folder) to your Mac desktop. For some reason the script assumes that you've downloaded the entire torrent to your desktop, and also that you've got a working Mac or Hackintosh.

#2. I'm having problems with USB as well. My situation is that USB drives won't mount unless I disable USB 2.0 in the BIOS. My KVM also will "lose" the keyboard and mouse if I switch away from my pseudo-Mac. I can fix this by disabling "Legacy USB" in my BIOS, but then I lose the ability to enter kernel options into the Darwin bootloader. What is this Lingon utility you're talking about? It might also help if you post your specs, or add them to your signature.

EDIT: Just found Lingon and the kextload trick. It works great. Now I'll see if I can use it to boot a USB drive at full speed.

Hopefully #1 will help you out some. With the kext added to my DVD, my Radeon X1800GTO was recognized at first boot and I even got the Apple "Welcome" video.

Can you see my sig? All specs there.

The lingo work around can be found here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=95789&st=0

I think that kinda sucks that you have to tell the system to load the USB devices and I plan to find a solution to this as I believe kalyway did not match the system.kext with the kernal and that is why the USB issue occurs. Like I said it did not occur for me after updating iatkos 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 with kalyways combo update and using netkas's 9.2.0 kernal update which also includes a system kext update.

I figured the command out now. Where do the added kext show up in the installer? Under some folder called "added kext" or something? They do show up in the installer right? Thats the whole point.. I am burning now to see.

Just one issue with a long boot time 10 minutes.Thanks kalyway great release non the less.

Kalyway 10.5.2 Installation disc won't boot for me, I've posted the exact details elsewhere, so I tried Leo4AllV2, which does boot & install.

However, boot time is VERY long after installation, on the order of 7 minutes. Upgrading Kalyway 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 using the combo patcher had the same issue. Might this be somthing that affects all 10.5.2 versions?

Can you see my sig? All specs there.

The lingo work around can be found here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=95789&st=0

I think that kinda sucks that you have to tell the system to load the USB devices and I plan to find a solution to this as I believe kalyway did not match the system.kext with the kernal and that is why the USB issue occurs. Like I said it did not occur for me after updating iatkos 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 with kalyways combo update and using netkas's 9.2.0 kernal update which also includes a system kext update.

I figured the command out now. Where do the added kext show up in the installer? Under some folder called "added kext" or something? They do show up in the installer right? Thats the whole point.. I am burning now to see.

Sorry, couldn't see your sig in the reply window. In another thread someone mentioned using the modbin kernel got them full USB functionality.

I think that the added kext is Natit. I believe it is an update to the Natit that is already on the DVD, but I could be wrong. Anyone know for sure?

From reading your description, yes the Lingon fix does seem to be a hack. But, hey, we're using a hacked OS, right? I'm just amazed that Kalyway and ToH and everyone got OS X running on PCs at all. I don't think installing OS X on an AMD box will ever be simple.

Sorry, couldn't see your sig in the reply window. In another thread someone mentioned using the modbin kernel got them full USB functionality.

I think that the added kext is Natit. I believe it is an update to the Natit that is already on the DVD, but I could be wrong. Anyone know for sure?

From reading your description, yes the Lingon fix does seem to be a hack. But, hey, we're using a hacked OS, right? I'm just amazed that Kalyway and ToH and everyone got OS X running on PCs at all. I don't think installing OS X on an AMD box will ever be simple.

Modbin kernal gave me panics whenever I used it, and I tried the other kernals as well with same results. Only kernal that has worked for me has been netkas 9.2.0 SS kernal.

Someone mentioned above that the natit in the folder is for ATI HD cards. I was able to add my x3100 natit and my sound drivers but I did not see them in the installer. My next guess is that they are just installed automaticly. Somehow I ended up with a bad burn though so I am burning again to see. I wish someone knew more about that command and could explain where the kext you add actually go. What if there is a kext on the disc already with the same name, what then?

The lingon workaround is really kinda sucky. People have been running OSX since 10.5.3 I believe. Hell I have been running it since 10.4.9 and I have never had a USB issue like that. As soon as I get this next install done I am going to try the system.kext fix for the USB problem. If you read about the problem its caused by the system version not matching the kernal. Like if you have system 9.2.0 and ran kernal 9.2.2 for example. Both must match. Yes AMD installs will always suck, because your two far away from what a real mac has. The closer you get to a real mac the better it works.