Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

I found a weird problem... if I plug any USB devices (flash drives, cameras, etc.) they do NOT show up on the Finder, even though they do appear in the System Profiler. But if I boot with them already plugged, they mount and work fine.

Any ideas to fix this nuisance?

Hey . I had downloaded this version on Leopard kalway , and it keep rebooting every time without ANY MESSAGES OF PROMPT OR SO , when I reach the darwin boot , i tried -v , and I doesn't work also and reboot

looking for help , and about how to cofigure my BIOS

My PC information in the signature

If there no hope , is there any chance to install another version of OS X like Tiger or so with my PC ??

Thanks in advance

@stormwatch this is expected problem with this release read my entire message..

@Kalyway: the file you added to patches section named USBPCGEN (aka PCGENUSB2) is not usbehci detection fix... it is a force method used by the driver... to force the bios to release information/ownership about the USB 2.0 controller (aka high speed bus, but regular usb 1.1 work fine already) to OS, and is not needed in many mobos... it works only for very few desktop mobos and some laptop mobos (generally laptop mobos due to their funny bios implementations...), by using using it default, you only create more troubles for majority of the people... why? and what problem?

+ it creates confusion for some working systems, and OS cant handle different USB devices...

+ it creates USB devices not mounting error for some systems/devices as well (this can be fixed with patching latest usbehci driver from latest versions)

one last thing: this is not just to you, to everyone who makes releases, please make a kernel and system.kext version match in the installer because if the kernel and system.kext version is not matched after install, IT CREATES THE USB NOT MOUNTING ISSUE FOR EVERYONE!!!! this is the main cause for usb devices to not mount issue, if pcgenusb2 is not installed... if you install pcgenusb2 driver, this driver is also responsible for usb not mounting issue

how to solve these two problems...?

+ please make a statemant for pcgenusb2 and explain what it does proparly because this problem exists only on handful of systems, and moajority of the people dont have this issue, it just creates more trouble for regular working systems, and dont make it default because like i said, majority of the people dont have this issue!

+ for the kernel selections, make a script for each kernel to install correct system.kext version that correspends to the kernel it is installing or add the correct system.kext version in the pkg for correct kernel... this is needed because most of the install dvds use 9.2.0 kernels by default and 9.2.2 system.kext installed with it, which creates the main issue for the USB NOT MOUNTING problem.... many people dont realize it...

cheers for the dvd also... good one...

Hi all!

My install almost working perfect! Thanks alot kaly!

USB works fine if i plug mouse or any mouse like devices. But i have one big problem, problems starts if i plug any usb stick or mass storage devices.

Ok, osx found devices almost every time, but then if i try read or do something else osx freeze almost instantly? Any help to solve this strange usb problem?

I have amd 64bit 3400+ processor and amd via k8t800 based motherboard.

Help

downloaded to DVD 10.5.2 Kalaway.

during initial installation i get: "Still waiting for root device" , it does not proceed.

im using a HP Pavilion 3120 nivida chipset AMD SATA drive and DVDrom, 2gigs

Thanks

Thanks Kaly for this realese. Again a great one.

I have two hard disks and installed OSX on second one. When it's the only one connected to

motherboard I can easily boot and start MAC.

My first HD has Ubuntu and XP and I use grub to select one of those.

So when I attach both HDs to motherboard I can't seem to boot to OSX.

I installed Leopard using GUID option and I can see that there is a FAT32

partition on my second HD (just before HFS+ partition) that efi files are on it.

I

have read that if you want to use Grub to boot OSX you need to point to the

partition that contains efi files, something like this:

title Mac Leopard
 root (hd1,0)
 kernel /boot/boot_v8
 boot

( My OSX is installed in (hd1,1) )

This doesn't work and I get error message 17 saying that the partition can not be mounted.

I was wondering if you have changed anything in efi file names or they are being installed

as original ones.

Thanks in advance

Hi Kaly ! Done a great Job ! Thanks

Spamwax : I have the same config as you and i just chain the OSX Disk Drive by :

title		Mac OS X86 
root		(hd1,0)
savedefault
chainloader	+1

And it works well ! Hope this help.

Hello all!

After last Mac system updates (today) I am not able to boot (kernel panic) :P It was a perfect system for a couple of mounths. I made all updates from Apple before and it was ok. Now I tried to boot with all 6 kernels with the same result. Curent system is based on Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 motherboard with Quad Core 2.5GHz processor and 8GB RAM. Is it possible to recovery?

I really like this system and hope for some help ;)

I am a newbie. Please help with the customize settings for my laptop. I have tried several and some boot to a vertical lined screen and some settings make it freeze. Maybe one of you has an ACER 5672 laptop and can tell me what settings to check in the customize of the install. I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

I am having problems with Sleep. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. Everything works well. The computer goes to sleep and wakes up fine also, but the problem is that I wake up from sleep, my internet no longer works and mac does not recognize my onboard LAN anymore. Any work around for this? This is case for both the sleep kernel and the vanilla kernel.

I am having problems with Sleep. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. Everything works well. The computer goes to sleep and wakes up fine also, but the problem is that I wake up from sleep, my internet no longer works and mac does not recognize my onboard LAN anymore. Any work around for this? This is case for both the sleep kernel and the vanilla kernel.

Try static IP

I haven't used a Hackintosh since some while ago (back in the JaS 10.4.8 times), and everything seems to be changed.

So I downloaded this distro, and try to install on my AMD 3400+ CPU (sse2, I chose sleepkernel), with ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB video card.

The installation went well, but the first time I boot it, there is this line: "mDNSResponder..."(something like that) and something like "server not found"

and it goes into a loop of these above lines

So what's my problem? Is it a problem that everybody have? Or just me?

Here are some pics

mdnsresponder1qs1.th.jpg

mdnsresponderqp7.th.jpg

Does anyone know if DLink Wifi Cards and Intel QuadCore CPU's work with Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8?

and if it doesnt what is the solution for the...

DLink Drivers

I think my Wireless card is DWL-G520 its like the Speedbooster but DLink Version it may be XtremeG. I know it isnt the slower one or the Mimo type. im not sure but I need Help.

and

QuadCore6600

Also my Video Card is

Geforce8500 PCI E

is that ok too?

I want Mac on my Comp but my only internet Connection for my Desktop PC is WiFi and I think the Quadcore wouldnt be much a problem but I just want to make sure.

Please Help and thanks!

Ive download this from a torrent, 3.66. I verify the this and there was an error so i repair it. checsums dont match. i got stuck at 90% cuz of some folder couldnt be created. Should i redownload? ( from the same or another torrent)

has anyone got any way to pass "Mac OS version: Not yet set Kernel version: Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0"? Im stuck at this point...

I have

Intel C2D E6550 @ 2.33 (SSE3 support)

Intel board P35

300GB SATA

2GB ram

Nvidia 8550GT

realtek sound card

Try static IP

I got is working by just going to network settings-->advanced and clicking on renew DHCP server. I am not sure if other people are having this problem, but its a pretty easy work around.

i have a inspiron 1521 amd turion64 x2, ATI Radeon x1270 i am using sleepkernel.

when i install i get no problems, the while booting the apple screen comes up for a while then the screen turns black and nothing happens.

i then used -v, -x and -s

with -x i get the following error:

cs_invalid_page: p=126[lsslave] clearing CS_VALID

with -s i get the following message, then a black screen:

error: firewire unable to determine securety-mode; defaulting to full-secure.

with -v it says

localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[60]: starting

all end in the computer freezing or the screen turing black.

Thanks for your help in advance

Hi ;

I tried installing this release on my laptop hp pavilion dv5122ea laptop, the installation went fine but afetr the reboot, the laptop keeps rebooting, here a snapshot, can anyone help?

laptop Specs:

hp Pavilion dv 5122ea

Intel Core Solo T1300

HP MotherBoard 30A8

512 MB DDR2 Ram

60 GB HD

Intel Calistoga Graphics Controller

IMG_0186.jpg

Probably this is a very basic and newbie question... but... I've just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and I don't know how can I select the kernel to use. I've installed all the kernels available but now I'd like to have, for example, the sleep function to work with the sleepkernel. How do I do that? Where in the disk are the kernels I selected to install?

TIA,

Monkey

Probably this is a very basic and newbie question... but... I've just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and I don't know how can I select the kernel to use. I've installed all the kernels available but now I'd like to have, for example, the sleep function to work with the sleepkernel. How do I do that? Where in the disk are the kernels I selected to install?

TIA,

Monkey

I copied this from the first post in this thread...

All you have to do is just press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type the kernel's name you want to boot with :

sleepkernel (intel/amd/sse2/sse3)

speedstepkernel (intel/amd/sse2/sse3)

nforcekernel (intel/sse3)

modbinkernel (intel/amd/sse3)

vanillakernel (intel/sse3)

kabylkernel (intel/sse3) with sleep support

:)