Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

apparently my install worked, but when i booted it, it shows the boot screen for 1-3min and then suddenly it tells me to reboot. i tried to use macdrive in windows to mount the disk, but it didn't work. after that i used easybcd to fix hfs+ partition error and i was able to browse my partition but apparently it still cant boot.

Tech Specs:

HP Pavilion tx2028au (tx2000 series)

Processor: AMD Turion64 x2 TL-60 2.0GHz

Mobo: In-built, cpu-z tells me its manufactured by quanta

RAM: 2GB ddr2, 2 dimms

Chipset: nForce 4series with integrated gpu geforce 6150.

NIC: nForce controller

WLAN: Broadcom wireless bcm4312 a/b/g rev02

Bluetooth: Identified chipset as broadcom, model no. unsure

DVD: PATA slim removable

Partitions: 160GB HDD

Partition 1:Windows Vista 88.45GB NTFS

Partition 2:Ubuntu 10.00GB EXT2

Partition 3:Mac OS X 40.00GB HFS+

Partition 4:HP recovery 12gb

I have installed it and reinstalled like 5 times. i am sick of the problem pls help.

what is the difference between

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 DVD Intel Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

&

kalyway leopard 10 5 2 dvd intel amd 4122511 tpb

one more question: is it as easy as installing ubuntu? : i mean just burn and straight install? or is it tricky?

KALYWAY 10.5.2 was the winner for my system

Install OK

HD3870...with menu fix OK

NET: com_apple_driver_RTL8139 (auto detection) no driver needed

Sigmatel STAC9271D Taruga fix

Boot fixed with...(use under install and terminal after install)

Fdisk -e -u /dev/disk0

Write F1

For AC3 sound for divx download A52 codec.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/27300

Xbench 163

Geekbech 3280

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry753731

I hate mouse speed under MAC...i have Logitech RX250 1000DPI and it flys under Windows...

Under terminal you can use this and reduce speed under System Preferences if to fast...

defaults write -g com.apple.mouse.scaling 5.0

And whats about Torrents very slow download...Transmission flys under Ubuntu

Port is open and firewall off...

Hi people. I'm from Brazil, sorry for my english.

I am having a problem at first boot.

After installing (installation is ok), when I boot for the first time, I hear the music of the welcome screen, but I can't see anything. The screen is scrambled.

I have an acer 5100 with vga Xpress 1100. After much googling, I found the .kext to vga (Callisto.kext or CallistoHAL.kext).

But how do I install it before installing Kalyway, so that my vga work in the first boot?

I HAVE GOT INTEL C2D E4500 PROCESSOR WHIICH SUPPORTS 64-bit & SSE3 INSTRUCTION SET. I WANT TO INSTALL 10.5.2 ON MY SYSTEM.

I HAVE GOT FOLLOWING 4 QUERIES:

1. WILL MAC RUN ON 64-bit MODE ON MY PC USING THIS DISTRO?

2. WHICH KERNEL SHOULD I USE ON MY PC?

3. IF I CHOOSE TO INSTALL VANILLA KERNEL DO I GET THE OPTION TO SELECT IT DURING INSTALLATION OR I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING MANUALLY TO SELECT IT?

4. IF I WANT TO INSTALL IT ON VMWARE USING 32-bit WINDOWS XP HOST CAN I INSTALL IT ON 64-bit MODE? MY PROCESSOR DOESN'T SUPPORT VT TECHNOLOGY.

Hey Kaly

i hav previously tried out iaktos 1.0i r2 wich caused my bootloader to vanish. i just finished downloading your dvd. are there any steps to maintain for dual booting with vista in 2nd partition and leopard on 3rd partition?

thnx

I'm having problems installing the OS on my ECS computer.

post-235053-1211727570_thumb.gif

When I get to the select install drive, my 120 GB maxtor is NOT detected. It is recognized in the BIOS and windows, but not the disk manager. Is the problem that it is on a different IDE bus?

hey kaly,

First of all: ::THX al lot for this distribution.::

My specs:

Laptop: Acer c302xmi, Intel 900GMA, Pentium M 1,6, Intel 2100b Wireless, Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, Crystal WDM AC'97, IDE HD 60 GB.

-> using Drivemanager: HFS+ journaled

-> installing Kalyway 10.5.2

-> reboot: -s

-> using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 cluster <-

-> freezing

There are few serious entries about this problem, one with a solution for a tiger installation

-> http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t36613.html

I am really new to this so: I have only XP to work on, don't know if the instructed solution would work with that?

As I read from other entries: Intel chipset 900 GMA should be no problem and Intel wireless, AC97 and broadcom ethernet also should be no problem.

Can you Kaly or someone else imagine an easy patching solution under XP or perhaps I'm on the wrong track since the instruction is for tiger. What else could I try to get closer to a solution?

//edit I also tried with iatkos 2.0i -> don't even get past dvd load with same problem "using 2621 buffer headers ..."

greetings

sh

My problem is somewhere close to this and could be caused by trying to load ona older Thinkpad T41P with Pentium M 1.7 processor. It seemed to setup fine. When I try to boot I get the initial screen and the animation as if something is loading it then just goes to a black screen and seems to lockup. I've tried this but system just goes right into the black screen after it scrolls some data after I exit.

hapklaar pp-blank-thumb.pngrating_0_mini.gifgender_mystery.pngView Member Profile friend_add_small.pngAdd as Friend send_pm_small.pngSend Message find_posts.pngFind Member's Topics find_posts.pngFind Member's Posts ipsmenu.register( "post-member-719621", '', 'popmenubutton-new', 'popmenubutton-new-out' );

user-offline.png InsanelyMac Protégé

pip.gif

Group: Members

Member No.: 218,954

spacer.gif

The solution for the welcomescreen problem is all over the net:

boot with -s

then do:

mount -uw /

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

passwd root

enter a root password now

type exit

Then login with user root

the next screen after the keyboard setup screen is the network setup screen.

if the previous method does not work for you, which it should....

you can also, after you install from dvd. boot from your HD. hit F8 till you get to the darwin prompt and enter the following boot flags exactly as you see it below...

-x -v "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

setup assistant is bypassed at this resolution... when it boots into the desktop, goto system preferences, accounts and set your admin password, reboot and then go work on your ethernet problem

GL :)

Hi Kaly,

This is the first time i am able to install MAC on my Dell .

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 / 1.66 GHz Multi-Core processor technology Dual-Core 64-bit processor Yes Data bus speed 667 MHz Chipset type Mobile Intel 945GM Express

Audio codec STAC9200

Audio output compliant standards AC '97, High Definition Audio

The only problem is with sound card as i am not able to listen to any sound any clue or solution for the same ....

Once again thank u very much for your efforts ....... make me :blink:

Is anyone having trouble burning this to DVD? I have downloaded 3 times now and ive been geting the same error each time. I can burn 10.5.1 and the iATKOS 2.0 fine, but this one will not work.

vg0gon.jpg