Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Okay, I ran "Format and make HD bootable for Leopard". Then I installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 OSX. Everything installed, but when I restarted I entered the first-start mac screen where you select your preferences, a trouble arose. When it asked me if I wanted to transfer data from another Mac, I selected no and then Continue. But then the loading pointer started spinning and then the start up video started playing (the one where it says "Welcome" in various languages). I tried it again but got stuck in the same point and got returned to the Welcome video. Any ideas?

The fix for me was to get hold of a spae nic and that got me pass that stage, however after doing a software update, it removed the damn kexts that allowed that nic to work :blink:

But I ain't that clued up to get the it working again, so gonna wait for the new Leo4v3 to come out.

mahen.s9 restart press f8 then type -s enter when get to root type /sbin/fsck -fy enter then type /sbin/mount -uw / then hit enter then type passwd root ## it will ask you to enter new password do so then type touch /var/db/ .AppleSetupDone then type exit it will boot you to leopard as root another way is to install tiger on small partition then transfer info from tiger.... hope this helps!!!

Okay, I ran "Format and make HD bootable for Leopard". Then I installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 OSX. Everything installed, but when I restarted I entered the first-start mac screen where you select your preferences, a trouble arose. When it asked me if I wanted to transfer data from another Mac, I selected no and then Continue. But then the loading pointer started spinning and then the start up video started playing (the one where it says "Welcome" in various languages). I tried it again but got stuck in the same point and got returned to the Welcome video. Any ideas?

the next screen after the keyboard setup screen is the network setup screen.

if the previous method does not work for you, which it should....

you can also, after you install from dvd. boot from your HD. hit F8 till you get to the darwin prompt and enter the following boot flags exactly as you see it below...

-x -v "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

setup assistant is bypassed at this resolution... when it boots into the desktop, goto system preferences, accounts and set your admin password, reboot and then go work on your ethernet problem

GL :)

to the people wanting to use 4GB Memory on Leopard, you can without getting crashes, just Enable AHCI, I had crashing issue aswell, since I have 4GB memory, enabling AHCI fixes it.

My Problem!

I can't boot without DVD, whats going on?

booted up fine formated hard drive,started install and about 10% in,it said failed to install files to hard drive,restart and retry.whats up with that.i have a amd fx60 cpu,4gb's of ram,7800 gt video card.everything worked fine until that.

Dune,

I have p5ke with x1950xt , can you explain choose right patch for p5ke wifi/ap in 10.5.2 kalyway?

I have problem with my video card. Can I choose ati 19xx in video patches before jccool method?

Hello,

I did a quick search of the forums and didn't turn up anything that looked related to my issue - so please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. I am trying to do my first hackintosh install on a new Acer AS5720-4126, Intel Pentium dual-core T2330(1.60GHz), 3GB, Intel GMA X3100, 160GB Sata HD with Kalyway 10.5.2

I have an 80GB Vista partition, and 80GB unpartitioned space. When the installer first comes up, I go to disk utilities to create the partition for OSX - however drive enumeration seems to take FOREVER. After 5 to 10 min it will come back, but I have never succesfully gotten it to create a partition. I have also created a simple fat16 volume with the hopes that this might circumvent the enumeration issue and I hoped to just whack the volume and reformat or create a new partition outright - but this doesn't seem to work either, it seems to hang deleting the fat16 partition (which still exists after reboot). I have tried this with both ACHI enabled and in IDE mode, neither seems to modify this behavior. Curiously the drive utility mispresents my existing Vista partition as fat16 when it I believe it should be NTFS. I'm betting there is something rather simple I am missing (I.E. boot flag) - and I am very excited at the prospect of running OSX on my PC, but this odd drive behavior has me kinda confused.

Thanks for helping a mac n00b out!

Xam

Hi everyone, first of all I have to tell you that I didn't had any kind of problem to install Kalyway on my configuration (Intel Core2Duo E6420 2,13 GHz ovk @ 3,2 GHz, mb Gigabyte P35 DS4, 4 GB RAM, 3 Seagate SATA, 3 optical units, Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 Toxic, a TV tuner Sapphire, etc). I have just two little problems, I said little because I hope to solve them with the help of yours. The first an the very annoying issue is that I can't see any kind of text options when I right-clicking or when I press a button from the left upper side, Finder, Go, View, etc... when I put the cursor on an item and press 

ight- click should appear a little window with different options, isn't it?

Well those text options are invisible on my OSX... Second issue is that I don't have a driver for a Thompson Speed Touch 330 ADSL modem and, of course, I don't have 

internet connection on my Leopard. So, if anyone could help me...many thanks in advance!

After my first install when I plug in USB Flash drive it was not working so I tried installing again Now it has started working but system Profiler is not working and it crashes. I have installed twice. During these install i kept the USB flash drive plug in. But i m not sure what is going wrong.

This release works for me except video. I installed AGPGart.kext but my card is still listed as PCI. It also says 256 mb (should be 128). Tried to install my old gfx kexts from Tiger but that didn't work (said I wasn't allowed to replace those kexts, wtf?!).

Has anyone got Leopard working with 'old' hardware?

Hello all,I installed the dvd and osx runs. But i did not see any options to install kernel, drivers..Where can i find thes options?Sorry i am rather new to this :)Thanks in advance
There is a button on the left that says "customize". Don't just click "install" like crazy. ;)Progress... I set AGP aperture size to 256 mb and now I have AGP working. Installed all of the working video kexts from Tiger but all I can do is change the resolution. No QE/CI. I also get the error message "calibation failed" sometimes when starting up.I won't be leaving Tiger in the near future, that's for sure.

Hi !

First I have to say : GREAT WORK and thank you !

Everything works great on my laptop but I have this problem :

"About this mac" panel does not start, and System Profiler reports " There was an error while gathering this information." in the Memory section. Also I cannot restart from the apple menu. I tried all kernels and diffrent SMBios without any success.

All of the above worked fine on Kalyway 10.5.1 and Leo4All .

Please help. Thank you

System Configuration:

Mobo: FOXCONN 671M

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual 2.0 GHZ

RAM: 2 Gb ddr 667

Video: Nvidia gforce 7200

LAN: realtek built in

Finally installed after four months of trying it. The PS2 keyb and mouse never worked, I have to change to USB Keyb and mouse and it worked with Kalyway 10.5.2.

Everithing works fine exept the Audio (NO AUDIO).

Used the following settings for Kalyway. Anything not listed here is turned off.

Sleep Kernel

nvidia drivers

all audio drivers (but no one works)

So everithing works fine but no audio is really killing me so please help me with this issue or recomend me some audio card that I can use.

The Mac Os X recognize the system as Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHZ

Mac Pro 3,1

Please HELP with the audio thing

I was wondering if anyone could help with an error I am having. Essentially all seems fine with the booting, setup starts, goes through ok until 7 minutes left. I get the "unable to verify the contents of the javatools package" error. If anyone knows how to fix it or knows what's wrong, I would really appreciate it

DFI NF4-DAGF motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.1 GHz

2 GB RAM

300 GB HDD (SATA)

80 GB HDD (PATA)

Sony DRU-810A DVD-RW drive

Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT (256 MB RAM)

PS/2 mouse

PS/2 keyboard

hi kaly, big ups men

i have audio working the first time i installed, but not the second time also no network (internet)

my laptop is hp dv6000 amd please can help men

hey i downloaded it the other day and burnt it to a dvd-r

i go to darwin boot, and press enter and it boots up fine.

but.......

when i go to disk utility i cannot find my partitions for my hard drive.

and when i go to erase the hard drive, the dvd just stops.

and when i just go to agreeing with the licence the dvd just stops again (right before choosing where to install).

i would love it if someone could help me with this.

i have an Acer Aspire 5310 laptop

specs:

intel celeron mobile processor 1.6gh

intel gma950 graphics card

2gb ddr2 ram

80gb hdd

atheros ar5007g wireless card

gigabit ethernet card

realtek hd audio alc268

i would love it if someone could help me with this?

thanks for responding kiwi,

this is the last 2 lines before it stops,

AppleBCM440XEthernet: Ethernet address xx.xx.xx.xx.

Airport_Brcm43xx: Ethernet address xx.xx.xx.xx.

then boot stops here.

thanks again.

disable nic and wireless in bios, until you can get the correct drivers and get the correct mac address