Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Despite the workaround I am having USB problems. My USB soundcard isn't recongnised at all and sometimes my USB hard drive isn't recognised. The first USB device to be plugged in is almost always recognised and continues to be recognised if unplugged and plugged back in, but subsequent devices aren't always and I have to reboot. As said, no joy with my USB soundcard, which is a pain.

Also, I have three partitions, one with Vista and the other two with Kaly. Quite often when I try to boot into Kaly the boot stays frozen on the grey screen with the darker grey apple. If I reboot a few times it works but sometimes I find the keyboard doesn't work. It's just about tolerable but switching on and off causes wear and tear that I could do without. Will be glad if someone finds a fix for this. Why is this happening with Kaly and not iATKOS? I need to try the latter again with the 9.2.0 speedstep kernel but I'm fairly certain I have done so before and had no problems. I moved over to kaly because of the powermanagement/working battery meter.

Laptop: Acer 4720z, dual core, x3100.

Hi All,

I recently found this forum and am quite excited to setup my 1st Hachintosh.

My G4 kicked the bucket right after I got the Mac OS X 10.5 install DVD's from Apple.

I downloaded the "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd" files but just read to my dismay that I need a Running

Hackintosh or Mac with OS X 10.4 or greater!

Is there a way to build and burn the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD on XP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I keep getting this "Wating for root device." error which repeats itself and goes no further. I'm not too knowledgable on all of this but I know a little.
i'm in the same boat on my 780i MB. i tried booting to the kalyway 10.5.2 disc and it stops at "Waiting for root device" this repeats forever even if i boot with -x flag . but the kalway 10.5.1 has always worked for me

Trying to get this to work for convenience really on my 780i instead of using the kalyway 10.5.1 + 10.5.2 combo + apple graphics + well u get the idea...

finally manged to get around to injecting leopard.

I've extracted Extensions.kext/replaced with medevil's test AppleNForceATA.kext/set permissions/rebuilt Extensions.mkext/write to iso file/burned at 4x tho burning at slower speeds never made any difference in the past. also i'm currently using medevil's test kext on the 780i, which also won't boot kalyway 10.5.2 DVD... i thought injecting the medevil test kext would get the dvd to boot, but still hangs at "Waiting for root device"

Not sure what to try at this point, i've confirmed and tried master vs cable select on the ide hd. booted with -x -v -f flags , same thing... my current installation runs great, i tried booting to the kalyway 10.5.1 just to confirm and it boots up the dvd normally... /shrug

can anyone help shed some light ?

EDIT: i extracted the applenforce.kext off of the kalyway 10.5.1 dvd that boots up fine for me, and injected that into the 10.5.2 dvd and i'm still faced with the same "still waiting for root device".... apparently its not the applenforce.kext that's the problem ? no idea , except when i get that "still waiting for root device" message , i can eject the dvd. not sure how it goes from booting to dvd, preloading the drivers and then can't recognize the very sata dvd drive it was just loading things from, shortly thereafter....

would be nice to find some solution. for now the leo4all v2 dvd seems to boot fine for me , guess i'll be usin that next time around :(

I have the same problem as junzmarley, geminijatt, Annoid, Diablol, Galbrill.

The DVD boots, but stops at:

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel Version

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0..........made by; ToH: xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

I can't find any solution in this forum and via google.

Maybe I have to wait for 10.5.3.....@@

I noticed another thing that is sporadic like the USB issue. I also do not get ACPIthrottler to always load and my system does not throttle and then over heats. Anyone else have this problem?

So I have USB devices that dont work occasionally and I have speedstep which will also just decide not to load. This actually occurs more on battery then it does on AC.

Anyone else have this problem? I am going to have to use lingon now as its my only hope for keeping my system cool.

thank you kaly!!!

Hi All,I recently found this forum and am quite excited to setup my 1st Hachintosh.My G4 kicked the bucket right after I got the Mac OS X 10.5 install DVD's from Apple.I downloaded the "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd" files but just read to my dismay that I need a RunningHackintosh or Mac with OS X 10.4 or greater!Is there a way to build and burn the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD on XP?Any help would be greatly appreciated!
nero, diskjugler... you get the point :)i used nero 7

Despite the workaround I am having USB problems. My USB soundcard isn't recongnised at all and sometimes my USB hard drive isn't recognised. The first USB device to be plugged in is almost always recognised and continues to be recognised if unplugged and plugged back in, but subsequent devices aren't always and I have to reboot. As said, no joy with my USB soundcard, which is a pain.

Also, I have three partitions, one with Vista and the other two with Kaly. Quite often when I try to boot into Kaly the boot stays frozen on the grey screen with the darker grey apple. If I reboot a few times it works but sometimes I find the keyboard doesn't work. It's just about tolerable but switching on and off causes wear and tear that I could do without. Will be glad if someone finds a fix for this. Why is this happening with Kaly and not iATKOS? I need to try the latter again with the 9.2.0 speedstep kernel but I'm fairly certain I have done so before and had no problems. I moved over to kaly because of the powermanagement/working battery meter.

Laptop: Acer 4720z, dual core, x3100.

Detosx, I'm not sure whether you're talking about the USB fix on the Kalyway DVD, or this one:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95789

If you've already tried the Lingon workaround, then I'd suggest trying to play with your BIOS options, specifically USB 2.0 and Legacy. Before I found the Lingon fix, turning off USB 2.0 allowed me to mount USB drives. If your sound card is an Xmod, it should work at USB 1.1 speed. It might help your keyboard problems, too.

Beautiful Install! Went sooo smooth and my video card worked great as compared with the 10.5.1 Install and 10.5.2 Update.

But I have two issues.

1) When I use MacTheRipper to rip Inside Man, I get kernal panics about 1/4 the way through.

Note:

The disk is protected by ARccOS

I am using the Legacy Extraction Engine
because...

The Advanced Extraction Engine cannot even rip the DVD, it just automatically quits without a crash log.

2) I cannot access the Memory tab in System Profiler. I just get a "There was an error while gathering this information."

This is quite confusing since I can see that I am running 4 GB of RAM stable in my BIOS, boot up screens, "About My Mac", and iStat Menu. I've posted two screenshots to show my problem.

Any ideas about those two issues? I've tried running a search on this topic for "system profiler" "memory" and "mactheripper" and I get nothing.

About_This_Mac.tiff

System_Profiler_Memory.tiff

4gb of ram will cause your osx to crash when doing intensive tasks. USe maxmem=2048 on boot and itl stop freezss.

Is that a known issue insomnimac with OS X in general, or simply Hackintoshes? I've heard that a couple times...and I have been getting freezes as well. Hrm.

Also, for all those who are either rebooting/freezing/panicing right after the Darwin bootloader - remember, you may need to specify a specific kernel at boot for your system! The list is at the beginning of the thread....so if you're having issues, identify your system specs, and see if any of the aforementioned kernels work/apply to you!

Detosx, I'm not sure whether you're talking about the USB fix on the Kalyway DVD, or this one:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95789

If you've already tried the Lingon workaround, then I'd suggest trying to play with your BIOS options, specifically USB 2.0 and Legacy. Before I found the Lingon fix, turning off USB 2.0 allowed me to mount USB drives. If your sound card is an Xmod, it should work at USB 1.1 speed. It might help your keyboard problems, too.

I couldn't get any of my USB devices to mount, with or without the fix in the Kaly installer, so I went with the Lingon workaround. It worked for my SD card reader but to get it to work with my usb hard drive I sometimes had to reboot. It wouldn't work with my xmod at all. I concede I got discouraged, I have kept kaly on one partition but installed leo4all on the other. Leo4all has the same 9.2.0 speedstep kernel and I have had no problems with USB with it, so far. It does lack a few things that Kaly has, that very useful battery meter for instance, but so far so good.

One problem I have with both kaly and leo4all is that if I have a dual boot setup, sometimes I have to boot three or times before either will fully bootup. I'm not sure if that is some product of EFI or the bootloader or.... Any ideas?

4gb of ram will cause your osx to crash when doing intensive tasks. USe maxmem=2048 on boot and itl stop freezss.

It does not crash or freezes at all. I left it running Prime95's torture test on all four CPUs 12+ hours and not one hiccup.

I am wondering why System Profiler is unable to get the information from my RAM, even though my hackintosh is using all 4 gigs. I was able to check the memory information with the Kalyway 10.5.1 > 10.5.2 update before I used the new 10.5.2 installer.

About MacTheRipper causing kernel panics, I suspect it's the Legacy Extraction engine since I was able to successfully extract several other dvds with the Advanced engine. It's just when I encounter ARccOS encryption using the Advanced engine, MacTheRipper chokes up like a social inept at the playboy mansion.

Hi All,I recently found this forum and am quite excited to setup my 1st Hachintosh.My G4 kicked the bucket right after I got the Mac OS X 10.5 install DVD's from Apple.I downloaded the "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd" files but just read to my dismay that I need a RunningHackintosh or Mac with OS X 10.4 or greater!Is there a way to build and burn the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD on XP?Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Surfer-You can use the raw Kalyway DVD (without adding the Natit kext) if you don't have a Radeon HD 2x00 or 3xx0. If you have one of those cards, you can install with Kalyway DVD anyway. You can then boot up in safe mode and install the one stray kext that didn't make it on the DVD.
SMBIOS swapping will not hose your system. Only thing is it affects other apps & performance within OSX and stuff but should not kill your install. Dont worry.
Just wanted to report that AppleSMBIOS-27-667...kext fixed my VLC and DVD Player issues. Presumably, I can now even install Photoshop

Okay, I ran "Format and make HD bootable for Leopard". Then I installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 OSX. Everything installed, but when I restarted I entered the first-start mac screen where you select your preferences, a trouble arose. When it asked me if I wanted to transfer data from another Mac, I selected no and then Continue. But then the loading pointer started spinning and then the start up video started playing (the one where it says "Welcome" in various languages). I tried it again but got stuck in the same point and got returned to the Welcome video. Any ideas?