KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

I'm struggling to get the system load after installAny ideas what might cause the problem?

Any chance I could get BIOS settings and install settings ?

is your Execute Disable Bit in bios cpu configuration is correctly Enabled ?

is your Execute Disable Bit in bios cpu configuration is correctly Enabled ?

Thanks for promopt reply.

Yes it is enabled but dunno corectly or not

here is my Advanced CPU settings in BIOS:

CPU Ratio Setting Auto

C1E Support Enabled

CPU TM Function Enabled

Vanderpool Technology Enabled

Execute Disable Bit Enabled (it was enabled all the time i think)

Max CPUID Value Limit Disabled

Intel ® SpeedStep Tech Disabled

JMicron is Enabled, IDE mode

loading install now again

I have two hdds for Leo - 1. 80GB IDE connected to SATA3 (Red) on ICH9 via IDE2SATA convertor

2. 120 IDE Gb connected to Jmicron IDE

tryed to install onto both but still no luck

The linux version of it does not help at all :S

It still won't allow me to extract... even if I renamed it to a .rar file.

why rename it to rar,

since the md5 sum is correct it should be the iso renamed to zip

even more, if its really a zip why the hell the hassle, install zip on your linux system

why rename it to rar,

since the md5 sum is correct it should be the iso renamed to zip

even more, if its really a zip why the hell the hassle, install zip on your linux system

It's very simple:

inflating: KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3/kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso  
 error:  invalid compressed data to inflate

unzipping gives me an error...

I've been googling all day to check on how to unzip the file. Everything else gets extracted, the images, the how-to reamde thingy. Just the ISO doesn't extract. Even when I go to the equivalent of winzip, it says that the iso is only 386 mb's... which is way off the mark :S

Ive tried iAtkos and i couldnt get it to work, the kalyway install seemed to work fine up until it about 3 minutes left, and it just turns off. The after i restart, it has a gray screen with "you need to restart the computer" error, over and over again. So what do i need to do to get this to work? im installing on an HP laptop, i deleted Vista, and am partitioning with Disk Utility. I used cpu-z before and my comp is SSE3, 4gb of ram. i have a nvidia geforce grpahics card. im really confused on which kernel to select, any help would be really appreciated!!

Thanks,

Dima

It's very simple:

inflating: KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3/kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso 
error: invalid compressed data to inflate

unzipping gives me an error...

I've been googling all day to check on how to unzip the file. Everything else gets extracted, the images, the how-to reamde thingy. Just the ISO doesn't extract. Even when I go to the equivalent of winzip, it says that the iso is only 386 mb's... which is way off the mark :S

i would redownload the release, seems like somehting fishy in the zip

@ Dune

can you explain why the kalaway DVD hangs at different points with every reboot ? (in VMWARE)

what i can gather is :

1 boot = crash / readonly file system

1 boot = crash / dsmos starting

1 boot = crash / within installer

1 boot = no crash , get into installer, installer cant install need reboot

i can reboot and reboot and either one of these above outcomes will be the case, radomly

i would redownload the release, seems like somehting fishy in the zip

That's not even supposed to be possible with torrents...

It was designed so that kind of stuff wouldn't happen...

It's 4GB's to redownload :S

Worst come to worst, I'll just redownload it after tomorrow.

That's not even supposed to be possible with torrents... It was designed so that kind of stuff wouldn't happen... Worst come to worst, I'll just redownload it after tomorrow.
lol torrents suck, use newsgroups :( and whats 4 GB ? :P i have 2MB/s download so :D
Did you try "-legacy" ? I didn't need it but maybe your system does. Also you might want to try to boot it in vmware to be sure that the dvd is not corrupted or something. I burned mine at 2x speed only. Dunno if that helps you, but I have no other clues.
lol i cant even get the dvd to boot in vmware

I got it finally running on a GA-P35-DS3L, with vanilla but without any Drivers. iATKOS only worked without EFI.

This is quite a progress, THANKS TO KALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Problem is my Club Nvidia 8600GT, it always stuck when booting from HD.

Not working until now:

Graphic: Only 1024x768, can´t use any other resolution

Audio: There is a solution that works with applehda patcher (I tried with iATKOS) edit: yes it works

Ethernet: Says cable not connected although it is.

Any idea concerning graphics and ethernet?

Graphics is dependent on your graphics card. Ethernet should have worked out of the box.

I have the same GA-P35-DS3L. I installed with: both vanilla options, natit, and guid boot. Everything works directly after install, except audio which requires the simple AppleHDAPatcher as you figured out.

It's not supposed to happen, but it does. Always verify the md5 after you download. Both before and after you unzip. The md5's were posted with the torrents.

huh, got it running now!

Viva Kalyway release!!! Thanks to Dune31.

I deselected all drivers in install but don't remember if I installed Vanilla

Info says:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: Mac Pro

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.67 GHz

Number of processors: 2

L2 Cache: 4Mb

Memory: 2 Gb

Bus Speed: 1.33GHz

Boot ROM Version Hack.int.Osh

Serial Number: YYYYYYYYYY

so is it possible to determine from this info if I installed Vanilla or not

in the meantime

Audio is not working

Network (built-in Ethernet) is not working

2 SATA drives work

1 IDE drive is working (on JMicron)

SATA DVD RW is working

NVidia GF 8600 is not

Logitec Pro 5000 Web Cam and Mic are working

Thank you!

I'm new to OSX

Hey all,

I have a sony vaio sse2 intel machine and i've tried alot of ways in booting from the Kalyway Intel sse2/sse3 dvd disk (10.5.1). When ever it boots, it says "Loading Darwin..." and then gives me the apple screen (gray apple, white background). The spinning thing goes, indicating its loading something and then after about 10-15 minutes my computer either shuts down or reboots. I tried -v and -x and they both don't do the trick. Once, it gave me a gray screen and then it shut down. I don't kno wat to do.

One thing that surprised me was that when i typed -legacy in, it booted into the installer, but i had to reboot because i forgot to do the partition of the unallocated space. Now, whenever i try -legacy, it still doesn't work.

PLease help me!

I also tried ToH RC2, which didn't work either.

THanks

Allan

Hi everybody!

after sucessful install of kalyway (mbr), i can not see the sata drives connected at my marvell sata controller on my badaxe2 intel mobo. with iakos, a had not such problems. the drives worked. setting of all drives=AHCI. can anybody give me an advice?

by the way. does anybody have a driver for sigmatel 9274d?

apooo

I (along with quite a few other posters in this forum) am getting the dreaded spontaneous reboot after the Loading Darwin/x86 loads from the DVD complete. The last lines of text on the screen just prior to the reboot disappear too quickly to note; the final line begins with "Using ACPI".

It appears for some reason that most of the posts that report this problem are ignored! Is there some reason for this? Is this a bad/stupid/annoying question that does not deserve an answer? Should it be posted elsewhere?

I have read through all 23 pages of posts thus far, and have tried every suggestion, to no avail. I have a Gateway 600x notebook system with a Pentium-M processor @ 2 GHz (which supports SSE2) with 512 mb RAM. The BIOS do not have any settings for Execute Disable or NX/XP, etc.

If this type of computer is not supported, and this was mentioned eslewhere, I apologize for missing it (had a death in the family a few days ago, so my powers of concentration are still below normal at this time) -- but I would greatly appreciate a response, even if there is no solution. If there is a solution, please let me know what to do. Many thanks.

I had an unzip error with XP -corrupt or invalid zip.

My Mac opened it no problem, sent it back over to the pc to burn the dvd.

It seemed to be loading fine in -v and then just rebooted - EBIOS error?

Rebootin again gave the same problem.

Trying it again, I currently have erased the HDD that I had partitioned, all un allocated space. I saw my mistake in where to select the partition option. I selected the partition to erase and make a Mac Journaled drive. Now I selected the entire volume to partition.

The first atempt after noticing that gavem the Install Failed message.

I selected MBR both Vanilla's all videos and thats about it.

This time I tried GUID

Both Vanillas

and none of the videos

We'll see what happens

OBTW

When I typed vanilla into the command line after F8 the computer restarted without giving me a chance to catch what it stated.

(About 3 minutes left on my install)

Why will it not see my IDE hard drive? In the system profiler on the Dvd, it says unknown ACHI controller and it shows my hard drive and how much space on it and all the other options. But in the Diskutility, my hard drive is not seen at all? All that is detected is the dvd drive that Kaly is in? Will someone please help me figure this out, this is the only version that has sse2 support.

OBTW

When I typed vanilla into the command line after F8 the computer restarted without giving me a chance to catch what it stated.

(About 3 minutes left on my install)

same here, trying to boot "vanilla" results in a immediate reboot.

im giving up for now, seems like the p5k ich9 refuses to boot it in vmware.

trying to see if i can find a sata dvd and install directly.

strange thing is that it hangs at various points, at 5 different points, randomly, every reboot

all boots done with -v to see whats actually going on

For those with "blinking cursor" at boot.

this is due to a damaged first sector on your HD (don't worry it isn't physical)

I recomand you to erase the disk with zero(with diskutil). No need to wait to the end, just the first sector of the disk

need to be erased. after that , redo your partitions whatever GUID or MBR, and reinstall.