EFI finally mastered. OS X booted with an UNMODIFIED kernel.

Dr. Hurt

359 posts in this topic

Every kext else is original?

you cant expect every kexts to be original as some need to be modded to add device id etc.

as long as those "key" kexts(AppleACPIPlatform, AppleSMBIOS...) are original, it should be good enough.

Thanks for the help from bootsee, I'm using v1 now, with original AppleACPIPlatform but modified version of AppleSMBIOS as the vanilla one would fail on hardware overview. I lost PS2 port as well...but sleep/wakeup works fine so I'll just live with it.

The funniest part is, I change the system model in DMI(DMICFG under DOS) and now the system shows as a MacPro :)

Does this work with installations that followed Brazilmac's leopard installation method?

If yes, after that I should update and everything works fine? Can someone please say in very fundamental/basic language what the significance of this pcefi is? thanks! :)

Absolutely Yes. :P

Works!! on my core duo T2060 Intel

How do i make the iamefi folder hidden?

And i installed the AppleSMBIOS.kext included and it didnt work i was stuck on the blue screen with a mouse... so i restored my old one.

Anyone have a fix for that?

You don't need the iamefi folder, so you can delete it.

Hi,

has anybody else the problem, that time machine does no longer work after replacing the bootloader and using vanilla kexts and kernel? TM shows the disk, it can be selected, but backup fails afterwards. Did work before. Drive is an internal PATA-disk. Reformatting didn't help.

Can I install this in a floppy or USB stick to use it to bootstrap and boot original/unpatched Apple DVDs? If it's possible this is just a perfect solution (when it's more polished). Having a 'clean room' system installed from original DVDs is almost the final goal of this project. Now the only thing that we lack of are some drivers, which aren't needed in some systems.

PS: Also, some modifications to the bootloader making it more user friendly (something like rEFIt, customizable and nice) would be great.

PPS: following the USB path we could place files on it with the inject values. a file for ati, a file for nvidias, a file for audio, etc...

Hi,

has anybody else the problem, that time machine does no longer work after replacing the bootloader and using vanilla kexts and kernel? TM shows the disk, it can be selected, but backup fails afterwards. Did work before. Drive is an internal PATA-disk. Reformatting didn't help.

This has been a common problem so far. You can use the old IONetworkingFamily.kext to get this feature working. :)

Thanks man.

Now i just need to get the applesmbios.kext working.

Use the applesmbios included with the new pc_efi V3 release. :)

All right, I got it, now how does this work? To what I can collect, this is it:

Buy Leopard from anywhere, install it on your disk.

Boot back into the install DVD, and go to a terminal.

Replace the SMBIOS kext with the one in the EFI package, and replace the boot sector with the EFI one.

Is that all?

I dont suppose this makes any different to us with MSI P35 boards does it?

no osx version works on it so far, because of the way ACPI is implemented on it...

any chance this will make a difference?

im guessing not, as I think its a kernel issue...

This efi works great on my rig. See signature foe details

borisbadenov, which kernel and which kexts are you using? I have the same mobo and cpu and when tried to load the stock kernel it reboots.

Thank you