EFI finally mastered. OS X booted with an UNMODIFIED kernel.

Dr. Hurt

359 posts in this topic

No need to shell out extra money on a 'real' Intel mobo that won't overclock for toffee.

Abit, Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, etc - the usual suspects - all do P35 and P965 boards which will fit the bill brilliantly, have OSX86-friendly hardware, overclock better and cost less (though do try and get something with ICH8/9R, otherwise SATA can be awkward.)

No need to shell out extra money on a 'real' Intel mobo that won't overclock for toffee.

Abit, Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, etc - the usual suspects - all do P35 and P965 boards which will fit the bill brilliantly, have OSX86-friendly hardware, overclock better and cost less (though do try and get something with ICH8/9R, otherwise SATA can be awkward.)

Doesn't work on ASUS P5K and it's ICH9 !

Could it be because you're using a higher than usual FSB. I see that you have overclocked your e6600. Try putting it back at stock FSB to see if this is the cause.

I'm looking to get a new MB, and had my eyes on the BadAxe2. Basically I'd like to run with stock kexts as much as possible. Is that a good MB, or are there other specific ones that should be better? Also, I feel like the MB might be showing its age a bit.

/blkblt

Ran the mod, and everything seems to be running smoothly so far on my Core 2 Duo T5500. Software Update installed and ran everything, though nothing crucial.

We'll see if the 10.5.1 update will be able to install without a hitch once it becomes available from Apple. For the guys that might already have the seed of 10.5.1, does running the update with this EFI mod work?

EDIT: I need to read old posts more often than not. Just found the answer to my question, which is yes.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....name=Intel+ICH8

These are the only ICH8 ones and they are Intel. I don't care about overclocking. Is the Intel GMA 3000 compatible in OS X? I know the Macbook uses a 3100....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813121049

I'm interested in this one.

I'm looking to get a new MB, and had my eyes on the BadAxe2. Basically I'd like to run with stock kexts as much as possible. Is that a good MB, or are there other specific ones that should be better? Also, I feel like the MB might be showing its age a bit.

/blkblt

It'll work fine, but there are more modern and cheaper alternatives now. If you're not looking to run two graphics cards in Crossfire, you're probably better off getting a P35 board from one of the leading manufacturers (Abit, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, etc)

You get guaranteed 45nm CPU support, faster memory controller, better overclocking, better southbridge, newer sound codecs, and no real tradeoffs other than P35's inability to split it's x16 PCI into 2 x8 slots like 975 can. Still, if you wanted CF, you'd probably have the money to be looking at X38 now, anyway.

PC efi V3

What's new, since V1 ?

- added fsb detection for intel and amd(testing and not usefull cause modified kernel calculates it anyway)

- fixed issues with appleefinvram.kext - no need to delete any stock efi kexts anymore.

- many other small fixes.

"From Netkas blog"

Only tried V3 and it works! Replacing with the included AppleSMBIOS.kext resulted with just the cursor on the blue background and no desktop. Old kext works though...

Reboot and shutdown problems (reboots only after a few seconds and doesn't shut down) remain.

V3 is runnig with original Leo kernel but with the original AppleACPIPlatform.kext I loose PS2 devices, te bluetooth icons appears like unavailable but works, at lest with my Mouse.

So right Now I have Efi V3 with Origina Leo kernel but with modified/patched ACPIPlatform.