EFI finally mastered. OS X booted with an UNMODIFIED kernel.

Dr. Hurt

359 posts in this topic

Hi guys. Let me understand. With this efi I can install original kernel, so I can update my uphuck 10.4.9 directly to 10.4.10 or 10.4.11 from apple.com? I have a P4 478 SSE3 HT with i965pe and a Centrino Yonah with i945. Will these work? thx

So currently, what would a noob do with this. Install the boot-loader (howto, please), get it to boot an unpatched Tiger or Leopard DVD, install as if it were a Mac and then use it as if it were a Mac, say, if one had a supported MoBo with a GMA950?

So currently, what would a noob do with this. Install the boot-loader (howto, please), get it to boot an unpatched Tiger or Leopard DVD, install as if it were a Mac and then use it as if it were a Mac, say, if one had a supported MoBo with a GMA950?

The bootloader has a readme, my friend. Go to the irc channel to find out more info. :censored2:

So which kexts could we use? only AppleSMBIOS an AppleACPIPlatform? or IONetworking and others?

coud this bootloader be installed in a hacked DVD?

You can use all factory kexts (on a hacked kernel too), see my previous post.

Some motherboards have issuse with AppleEFIRuntime.kext even with unmodified kernel.

It is the only one kext that fails.

For example on PK5-e boards AppleEFIRuntime.kext is working fine.

You can read more about this here: http://tgwbd.org/darwin/boot.html

I am using r21. :)

Installed, boots fine .... but anyone know a way to restore the Darwin boot loader without re-installing from DVD ...?Hey amalf, What app did you use to view the device tree ...? thx.

With IORegistryExplorer.You can find it in Xcode.

Wow. This works!

Intel Core Duo T2050

Everything works, including FSB and SpeedStep

I even got my computer model and serial in system profiler, it is detected as a mac!

Same here! Pretty funny stuff. Now I only need to find a tutorial to replace everything to a stock macintosch. But I'm sure we'll have real releases soon with this "patch" included. Or perhaps someone could tell me how I can get my ToH Leopard back to stock macintosch. I need to replace the kernel I think? And some kext files.

Good News, FSB detection is done ;).

And I installed the 9B13 (10.5.1) update from Apple with no mods whatsoever. Rebooted and running fine still like a real mac would update.

Congratulations, and thank you for that wonderful news.

Hi!

I have leo installed but with some kexts from previous builds. After applying the efi patch, could I drop the original kexts and the original kernel?¿ Or the are some "forbidden" kexts?¿

Thank you in advance!

Beautiful!! It's working :D

Now, could somebody please tell me how can I change the "To Be Filled By O.E.M." info string?

That comes from your BIOS :P

Lazy mobo manufacturer, methinks! I've owned quite a few boards that returned that for the various DMI strings relating to manufacturer, model, etc...

That comes from your BIOS :P

Lazy mobo manufacturer, methinks! I've owned quite a few boards that returned that for the various DMI strings relating to manufacturer, model, etc...

Damn it :D

I guess I can live with it...unless I freak out and go hex editing some flash bios updates lol

I just wanna get some clarification before I give this a shot.... This is my plan / backup plan.

First:

Im going to install the ToH DVD and get it running. Then do the EFI hack with directions from readme. Im going to leave the install as it is till the 10.5.1 patches come out from Apple and update to stock kernel/kexts from there. Is that what ya'll are doing?

If that doesnt work for me...

Im going to hook my sata drive up to my iMac via USB enclosure and install the bone stock image to the HDD. Im going to then apply the EFI patch and prey it works on my Hacintosh... Anyone tried a method like this?