a little birdie tweets - 9A559

ukp

1,058 posts in this topic

oh!

when using the print dialog to save as pdf there are new options. you can now save author, title, subject and keywords in the pdf.

hmmmm. and now it automagically found my canon ip4300 printer. it just showed up under printers. nice!

I'm that guy and I'm fairly sure I'm not retarded. Yeah, so, OK... I'm fully sure I'm not. Thanks for your concern over my personal mental state... "foofoorabbit" is it? Nice.I'm typing this on a PowerBook G4. Old. No dual layer DVD on it.Across the room is my MacBookPro. No dual layer DVD on it (that I know of... maybe I don't know my gear as well as I should). Clearly some of the mid-800MHz G4s Leopard is presumably going to be compatible with won't have Dual Layer.So, you tell me "foofoorabbit" just how wide spread dual layer is. I'm ready for some education.<<So, now I understand my DVD drive can READ but not WRITE DVD. I may have been ignorant of THAT... but, retard!? Your pappy whipped you too much kido.>>Also, did it EVER cross your mind that October 07 might actually infer October 2007? Oh, right...
Hey Gerald, the fact that you should know is, if your computers have a DVD player on them (I am not sure about your models, but my guess would be they both do), then they would be able to use the DL DVDs. Most DVDs you buy in the stores are DL and they would work in your computer as well. The drive DOESN'T HAVE to be DL unless you want to BURN a DL disc.Hope this helps(Oh, and by the way, i wasn't calling you a retard on your page or saying foofoorabbit had the right to call you a retard, I was just pointing out the OBVIOUS that all DVD PLAYERS can play DL DVDs).
Also, did it EVER cross your mind that October 07 might actually infer October 2007? Oh, right...
Isn't this another OBVIOUS statement?? Apple themselves said October 2007????? :P:blink::(

Anyone having issues with Time Machine causing lock ups? I've turned it off and it's been fine since.

Symptom was lockup, mouse cursor moveable, keyb LEDS working, screen able to go to sleep. Other than that, dead. Prolly could ssh in but I couldn't be arsed. Nowt in logs.

Like I said before this can't be GM, look at the pdf on the DVD that says Welcome to Tiger on the first page.

I'm that guy and I'm fairly sure I'm not retarded. Yeah, so, OK... I'm fully sure I'm not. Thanks for your concern over my personal mental state... "foofoorabbit" is it? Nice.

I'm typing this on a PowerBook G4. Old. No dual layer DVD on it.

Across the room is my MacBookPro. No dual layer DVD on it (that I know of... maybe I don't know my gear as well as I should). Clearly some of the mid-800MHz G4s Leopard is presumably going to be compatible with won't have Dual Layer.

So, you tell me "foofoorabbit" just how wide spread dual layer is. I'm ready for some education.

<<So, now I understand my DVD drive can READ but not WRITE DVD. I may have been ignorant of THAT... but, retard!? Your pappy whipped you too much kido.>>

Also, did it EVER cross your mind that October 07 might actually infer October 2007? Oh, right...

Hey come on...it's ok to be a little slow. Don't be angry.

which version of leopard are u using? 9a528d?? on 9a599, when i check the dmesg, i seem to get:
CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Growl': 93CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Headers': 93CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Resources': 93CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Current': 93CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Headers': 93CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Resources': 93CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Skype': 93CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Current': 93

and i think this is the problem why skype cant restart itself.. possibly its resources are frozen or quarantined...

Read my signature. I have the one from TPB, same one we bugged Ayanami for. Anyways, I did an archive and install from Tiger and Skype doesn't crash at all. Try fixing your permissions.PS. You're on 9a559 not 9a599. I know the 9 and the 5 look alike when you don't look at it carefully.
A new feature found in Leopard, particularly, in iTunes.Now with Leopard/iTunes 7.4.2(4), you can watch a video within the iTunes main window!
It's the same in Tiger, not Leopard exclusive. The last iTunes update included that feature.

Anyone have a workaround for the Quicksilver icon appearing in the dock?

Show package contents of the app, open info.plist and change the value for LSUIElement to 1. Save, launch - no dock icon.

**EDIT** Let me clarify that the question "Anyone else have a solid menubar?" is unrelated to the tip above, just a reprise of my earlier post to which I've had no reply.

In addition, the tip above for the dock icon may not work with other apps (there might not be an entry for LSIElement in the info.plist.) There is for Non-Transparent Menu Bar.app and Quicksilver.app, but not for Calculator.app. It's another file like the preference plist or something, I never looked that far into it.

Show package contents of the app, open info.plist and change the value for LSUIElement to 1. Save, launch - no dock icon.

Anyone else have a solid menubar?

Oooh, this is kind of like when you have the iTunes toobar enabled in Vista. The whole taskbar becomes solid. :P

Well, searching now lets you choose between Contents and File Name. The checkbox for Include System Files seems to be missing in action from the last build though. :eek:

I was disappointed for a minute, but at least you can add File visibility, and sysem files to the drop down menu forwhen you click the plus and add parameters :P

post-137624-1190926268_thumb.png

post-137624-1190926281_thumb.png

post-137624-1190926293_thumb.png

**EDIT** Let me clarify that the question "Anyone else have a solid menubar?" is unrelated to the tip above, just a reprise of my earlier post to which I've had no reply.

In addition, the tip above for the dock icon may not work with other apps (there might not be an entry for LSIElement in the info.plist.) There is for Non-Transparent Menu Bar.app and Quicksilver.app, but not for Calculator.app. It's another file like the preference plist or something, I never looked that far into it.

Ok, now it looks like Leopard has changed the Launchservices framework. It's not where it used to be, and I can't locate lsregister (used to update the LaunchServices database )so that the edit info.plist would be re-cached, and hence no dock icon...anyway, until we can figure that one out, you just might need to live with the icon.

Okay, one HUGE disappointment.

No spotlight window! I love the idea of integrating it with Finder. Heck, I bet they based the new Finder on the old Spotlight app/interface/thingy. But gone are the blue categorized view options. You only have 3 Finder views. You can't look at images, PDFs, or Mail messages separately. You either do it in a clumsy icon view, and ugly list view, cover flow, or the menu bar Spotlight.

I really, really hope this changes. Although we're so close to release I doubt it will. Unless the pulled the Spotlight app out of this build to work on it more.

But I'm very happy with Spotlight in general. It seems more... accurate. It just feels like it spends less time with unnecessary things. Time-wise, on my iMac G5, it isn't any faster than Tiger. But it's leaps and bounds better. It's almost beyond explanation why.

PRAISE THE JOBS

Starcraft runs fine.

I remember Tiger broke some classic games that I used to paly.

P.S. Is it just me or did insanelymac just go down for like 2 hours?

Has anyone else experienced the "All Documents" smart folder in the sidebar including EVERYTHING?

Mine includes images, movies, audio files, and documents. That doesn't seem right to me...

Has anyone else had this issue?

Yeah, I do see sometimes that. The applications sometimes all slow down, suddenly for like five seconds. I am not sure if this is one of my many 3rd party applications screwing up stuff though. >:|

Problem of this build, I also experience that and I don't have many 3rd party stuff installed.

Ah well, overall it's a workable build, couldn't say that about the Vista Beta's when they came out. :P (I used to be a Windows user :angel: )

i realise i've been getting a lot of this msg in my dmesg and my logs... Seems like apple added something new and i think it might be the problem for a lot of apps...

Finder[93] Unable to clear quarantine `Install Parallels Desktop.pkg': 30

wtf is up with this quarantine thing man... been getting a hell lot of it..