a little birdie tweets - 9A559

ukp

1,058 posts in this topic

Another screenshot request....

Can I please see the "Customize Toolbar" screen in the Preview app?

Here it is! :D

108877.jpeg

Have been using Leopard as my main OS since 559 was released, and I love it!!

Seriously, Leopard is such a beautiful operating system. The delay was really worth it and I am sure by the official GM hits it will be further tweaked to be more awesome. Question, has Leopards Help Center been updated with new content? I remember seeing in an early build a filtered search feature similar to Spotlight, but I am talking about a Help Center similar to XP's.

I notice I have not seen screenshots of Widgets in Leopard when enabled. Does it function the same like Tiger where you have to press F9 to access them? I thought I remember seeing the option to have them on the desktop floating without F9.

Thanks

Dashboard pretty much remains unchanged from tiger. The only huge & cool change is the addition of WebClip

I have a question regarding the installation of this build.

I am running a MacBook Pro that does not support writing to a dual-layer DVD.

I have an 80GB external drive, which I have split and restored a copy of the DMG disk image using CarbonCopyCloner.

This is a first time for me and I was wondering how I can get the 9a559 build from the partitioned disk image onto the other partition?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a question regarding the installation of this build.

I am running a MacBook Pro that does not support writing to a dual-layer DVD.

I have an 80GB external drive, which I have split and restored a copy of the DMG disk image using CarbonCopyCloner.

This is a first time for me and I was wondering how I can get the 9a559 build from the partitioned disk image onto the other partition?

Any help would be appreciated.

I was in your boat a year ago with the first beta of Leopard. My iMac G5 does not burn DL DVDs so I was sol when it came to most of the online tutorials.

What you'll want to do is partition about 8GB from your external drive. Although it doesn't have to be external. On my OLD PowerBook G4 I just took a partition from the internal drive (Although I did have to wipe the drive clean in the process of partitioning it cuz it's PPC).

So after you create your partition somewhere, mount 9A559 Mac OS X Install Disk and CCC(CarbonCopyCloner) will see it. Set the Install disk as the input and your patron as the output. Then click clone.

After it'd done that, goto System Preferences and then Startup Disk. Choose Mac OS X Install Disk or whatever's there. But make sure you're not choosing the mounted disk image, choose the partition.

When you restart it'll appear as if you have a Leopard Install DVD inside your Mac :)

Good luck

I was in your boat a year ago with the first beta of Leopard. My iMac G5 does not burn DL DVDs so I was sol when it came to most of the online tutorials.

What you'll want to do is partition about 8GB from your external drive. Although it doesn't have to be external. On my OLD PowerBook G4 I just took a partition from the internal drive (Although I did have to wipe the drive clean in the process of partitioning it cuz it's PPC).

So after you create your partition somewhere, mount 9A559 Mac OS X Install Disk and CCC(CarbonCopyCloner) will see it. Set the Install disk as the input and your patron as the output. Then click clone.

Isn't using disk utility to restore the image to the partition much more convenient than getting a third party software?

Isn't using disk utility to restore the image to the partition much more convenient than getting a third party software?

Both are equally effective. But I found CCC's interface much simpler due to the fact that cloning disk images is all it does. Disk utility can sometimes be confusing to someone new to it.

1 October is almost over here, leaving Apple 29 more days to get Leopard out the door and on shelves. WHEN are they going to announce a ship date?

I know at least six people waiting to buy a new Mac after Leopard ships and maybe before if there is a free OS upgrade guarantee after the announcment.

DVD Player:

Controller:

post-56852-1191228902_thumb.jpg

This is what it looks like when your mouse it at the bottom of the screen:

post-56852-1191228916_thumb.jpg

A menu thingy for stuff :whistle:

post-56852-1191228932_thumb.jpg

Something new: Video size & ratio that renders live.

post-56852-1191228979_thumb.jpg

QuickTime:

Normal viewer:

post-56852-1191229018_thumb.png

Normal viewer 2:

post-56852-1191229039_thumb.png

Terminal:

Tabs!

post-56852-1191229109_thumb.png

One nice touch is that when a new tab is created in Safari, the page doesn't suddenly jolt to white space. It stays at the previous page until the new pages begins to load. It's hard to explain but I noticed it. It's a nice touch. Basically, Safari never leaves you staring at white.

iPhoto has a unique Time Machine interface. Here's what events look like in it:

post-56852-1191235502_thumb.png

Here's what happens when you double-click events:

post-56852-1191235549_thumb.png

DVD Player:

Controller:

post-56852-1191228902_thumb.jpg

This is what it looks like when your mouse it at the bottom of the screen:

post-56852-1191228916_thumb.jpg

A menu thingy for stuff :P

post-56852-1191228932_thumb.jpg

Something new: Video size & ratio that renders live.

post-56852-1191228979_thumb.jpg

QuickTime:

Normal viewer:

post-56852-1191229018_thumb.png

Normal viewer 2:

post-56852-1191229039_thumb.png

Terminal:

Tabs!

post-56852-1191229109_thumb.png

Wow! Thanks! ;)