a little birdie tweets - 9A559

ukp

1,058 posts in this topic

Something that would be nice for Spaces is if you could navigate with the keypad based upon location versus numbers. For example, it would be more intuitive if 1 were in the 7 location so that you could set up 9 spaces and just use the keypad to flip between them. This would become much more automatic and intuitive as your keypad would become an extension to your use.

One nice touch is that when a new tab is created in Safari, the page doesn't suddenly jolt to white space. It stays at the previous page until the new pages begins to load. It's hard to explain but I noticed it. It's a nice touch. Basically, Safari never leaves you staring at white.

Not sure I agree.

With Preferences>Tabs>"Select tabs and windows as they are created" checked ON:

using Cmd-T will create a new tab, AND select it, and you will see blank white.

Oddly and illogically, the new tab is still selected even when the preference is unchecked....hmmm.

What Safari really needs is additional option in preferences: New tabs open (drop down) so it can be set to your home page or same page etc...

Should be right under "New page opens (drop down)"

Just my .02

Anyone else having the Safari stalling issue?

Not sure I agree.

With Preferences>Tabs>"Select tabs and windows as they are created" checked ON:

using Cmd-T will create a new tab, AND select it, and you will see blank white.

Oddly and illogically, the new tab is still selected even when the preference is unchecked....hmmm.

What Safari really needs is additional option in preferences: New tabs open (drop down) so it can be set to your home page or same page etc...

Should be right under "New page opens (drop down)"

Just my .02

Anyone else having the Safari stalling issue?

Oh, I just meant when you hold Apple and click something (opening it up in a new tab). It's a really tiny thing that's different from the Safari 3 Beta on Tiger.

Oh, I just meant when you hold Apple and click something (opening it up in a new tab). It's a really tiny thing that's different from the Safari 3 Beta on Tiger.

Interestingly enough, mine is opening in a new window instead - even though the status bar say it's going to be in a new tab behind the current one.

Dock "bug"

All this reflective eye-candy stuff ain't perfect.

Minimized iTunes window is not reflecting.

I minimized my iTunes window to the bottom of my screen...left of the dock it can be moved down "under" the dock, and it doesn't reflect, it shows transparently through - see screen shots.

If I go to spaces, then back , it's reflecting, until I click on it, then the window behind shows reflection "through" the iTunes window, but it's not updating live. it's a ll weird - and I'll end it with BETA. Thank you.

post-137624-1191271794_thumb.png

post-137624-1191271802_thumb.png

post-137624-1191271894_thumb.png

Weird.

After the software update, Leopard won't let me include my Time Machine drive in the sidebar. That's kind of odd. I mean, I understand that they want to keep Time Machine in the background where stupid users won't eject the drive or wondering what's going on when the little sync thing spins in Finder (indicating Time Machine is backing up). But I kinda miss that little sign that it was backing up successfully :)

RIP Time Machine syncing animation:

post-56852-1191316593.png

Whoa, sweet!

Mail.app works with Time Machine as well. I never thought to use it for Mail.app.

post-56852-1191319002_thumb.png

So, 9a559 FINALY finished dowloadin yesterday...here are my thoughts:

Installing:

1) I used superduper! to cloned my MBP tiger hard drive to an ext FW400 drive.

2) I used superduper to clone the 9a559 image to an external USB drive and rebooted to the USB drive.

3) Went to install but no dice as I did not partition the FW400 drive as GUID.

4) Repartioned and Installed no problem.

5) {censored}! forgot to resuperduper my MBP drive to the FW400 drive.

6) Resuperdupered and installed no problem.

Mind you I did an upgrade, NOT a clean install.

My thoughts on leopard:

First of all, Little Snitch got reconfigured I'm not sure what changed, but it looks like some paths have changed in the rules I set up (could this be because I'm on a different drive?).

I absolutely love EVERYTHING about the new GUI:

Love the translucent menubar.

Love the darker elements

Love the dock

Love the unified GUI

LOVE LOVE LOVE stacks

Logic Pro 8 and CS3 work which is VERY important for me.

Keep in mind i'm running leopard from an external FW400 drive...but it still seemed very fast, can't wait to get it on my MBP internal drive (200 gb 7200 rpm).

Some things that don't work:

Onyx (already known)

Sirius Mac (Sirius player, i reeallly need this.)

That's all I have to report for now, not much to add to this long discussion. I wish I could install this as my main system, but I refuse to use a beta as my main system so close to release date.

QuickLook even reads python scripts:

post-56852-1191357756_thumb.png

hi

at last my 599 download is completed.

Nothing more - just test it.. But I have to buy DL DVD today - to burn it and install..

One question - what with any known bugs...? Is 599 more stable than 527..? And - of course when Apple will seed final Leo...? :)

Safari stalling might just an issue with Transmission. Which torrent client are people using who experience problems with Safari? I switched to Xtorrent and I haven't experienced problems so far...

Edit:

Ok, I'm taking it back. Problem also occurs with Xtorrent. Please Apple, fix this issue. It's driving me insane :P

Okay I'm with you on the Safari stalling. In fact it's not just Safari, my entire internet connection goes down across the OS. I have to turn AirPort off and then on get it back. Very annoying.