a little birdie tweets - 9A559

ukp

1,058 posts in this topic

I'm having some issues with time machine backing up for the first time. I mean, I kinda forgive it because I have 440GB of files over two external hard drives. But what I've had to do is erase my new time machine drive and start over. The farthest I've gotten is 236GB where it then stalls.

Any advice?

I had to go back to 528d, this build just refuses to launch some apps (even activity moniter) I suggest staying with 527/8

I haven't had any problems like that. Weird...

I have to correct my issue with Time Machine. I just let it do it's thing and it picked up right where it left off. Flawless...

Did you do Clean install or archive and install

also, Neo Office wont work, I need that

Archive & Install.

I never recommend upgrading. I like fresh starts :)

Here's what the icon of a specific preference pane looks like in Cover Flow

post-56852-1191119437_thumb.png

Huh. I guess I'm just plagued with bad luck.

On a side note, does anyone happen to know where the quartz or quicktime movies are for the PB backdrops?

I found that corecting permissions fixed a great many little issues I was seeing. Right now, my 599 install is very nice - so nice that I'm using it more than my tiger install ;-)

Hi

I saw someone asking if we can upgrade from 528d to 559 and booting from single layer DVD. Power book G4 running 528d did not allow to do an upgrade. You have to choose clean install. System was installed using a single layer DVD. Single Layer DVD was prepared using the same method as discussed at various places by deleting optional installs and printer drivers. It took about 15 minutes before the first screen for install appeared on screen.

Hope it helps those who want to install 599 on PPC and are running 528d.

God speed with installation.