a little birdie tweets - 9A559

ukp

1,058 posts in this topic

Hello,

Works pretty well, very nice, BUT !

I've a problem with Safari, when I download a file...

It starts downloading, but at about ~500-600KB, stalled.

It's also no more possible to browse to other webpages, until I quit Safari and restart it.

It's feel like my connection is down, but it isn't !

I'm listening mp3 streams at the same time, no problem...

Have you an idea ?

Can't get even Firefox with Safari ! ;)

I had to download it using curl...

Appart from that, Leopard is very nice and easy to use. I really like it !

Thanks ayanami !

I've had some network issues. But they might be because I just finished downloading a 6.22 GB file and am seeding it. But now that I've unplugged my wireless network for a few mintues and then plugged it back in, Leopard isn't having one network issue.

I have no problem of downloading any file, e.g. Quicksilver.app

but I do have problem of downloading a plug-in in Quicksilver. I suppose there is a big change in Webkit to make all these apps incompatible.

@Gusnyc: Boot into Tiger, and launch Safari to use the Export Bookmark from the Safari menu. Do the same in Leopard but Import Bookmark instead.

Finally, thanks to Ayanami for seeding and sharing this awesome build to us!

There is any way to move the bookmarks from Safari (from another computer) manually into the new installation? I can't make .mac work.

Thanks!

Gus

Move this file:

~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist

into the corresponding Leopard sub-folder

:(

I just ordered a new 2.4 MBP. Should be here by the 9th of october. I'm so pumped to play around with the final leo. I ran a few of the betas with my other MBP (that I lost in a divorce, argh). So I've been stuck in microsoft world for a couple months. I'm just hoping Apple hooks me up with a free copy of Leo.. I'll be pissed if I have to pay $100 like 2 weeks after my MBP shows up.

I just ordered a new 2.4 MBP. Should be here by the 9th of october. I'm so pumped to play around with the final leo. I ran a few of the betas with my other MBP (that I lost in a divorce, argh). So I've been stuck in microsoft world for a couple months. I'm just hoping Apple hooks me up with a free copy of Leo.. I'll be pissed if I have to pay $100 like 2 weeks after my MBP shows up.

I'm pretty sure they usually have a 14 or 30 day time period where you only have to pay for shipping (like $10).

And sorry about the divorce man. That sucks.

I'm pretty sure they usually have a 14 or 30 day time period where you only have to pay for shipping (like $10).

And sorry about the divorce man. That sucks.

No worries.. My ex wife was a :(:( :censored2: . I'm just way pumped to get my new MBP. My last one was a 2.0ghz, 2gb ram, so this one should be much faster. :D

559_1_by_AyanamiZer00.png

leo_2_by_AyanamiZer00.png

leo_3_by_AyanamiZer00.png

Front Row is now an App (Works nice, don't have a remote to try)

Cover flow in Finder works great...not choppy at all.

Prefs. in Finder are a bit nicer.

Still poking around =D

Everything looks awesome! Just got a 20" iMac - incredible value - can't wait to switch to Leopard.

Oh ya, jus realised it today... Skype is freaky with this build... Refuses to launch after its first launch... had to keep copying it from the original dmg to keep it going..

Do you have the latest version of Skype (2.7.0.49)? Mine works every time I load it up.

Thanks for your answers guys, I had to move my bookmarks and contacts manually. I can't sync with .mac.CS3 seems to work OK. At least Illustrator.I had to import the fonts in batches, because font book would crash when trying to import the whole collection (2200+fonts). After that, it worked great. Like never before.It is funny that I am going through all this trouble when I will buy a family license when Leo comes to the Apple Store. But I just can't wait! It is exciting to try new technology.Wouldn't be great if Apple would offer a beta version for users willing to pay a small fee (around $99). That way they could get more feedback and it wouldn't be overwhelming like an open beta.My bluetooth Mighty mouse works perfectly.My bluetooth Mighty mouse works perfectly.

Do you have the latest version of Skype (2.7.0.49)? Mine works every time I load it up.

which version of leopard are u using? 9a528d??

on 9a599, when i check the dmesg, i seem to get:

CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Growl': 93
CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Headers': 93
CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Resources': 93
CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Current': 93
CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Headers': 93
CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Resources': 93
CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Skype': 93
CoreServicesUIAg[924] Unable to clear quarantine `Current': 93

and i think this is the problem why skype cant restart itself.. possibly its resources are frozen or quarantined...

I've a problem with Safari, when I download a file...

It starts downloading, but at about ~500-600KB, stalled.

It's also no more possible to browse to other webpages, until I quit Safari and restart it.

Thank God, I thought it was just me. SAME problem here. I can watch the DL speed drop to nothing, and browsing doesn't happen until I quit/restart Safari - That pretty much sucks. I do not want to use Firefox - I love Safari. That'll be fixed if Apple hears about it enough. I'm just glad it's not only my problem like the video issues. (Misery loves company sorry!)

In retrospect - My menubar is practically opaque - in fact, I'm going to make the call and say I can't see through it at all. See the attached pic

One complaint/wish: Quicklook vs. Preview (meaning the Finder window's preview in column view, not the app) Preview in the Finder window plays continuously...and unfortunately, the Preview and Quicklook don't swap priority - they'll both play simultaneously...For example:

If you press play in the Finder window preview, then decide to Quicklook, you need to stop the preview's playback to hear/see only the QL bezel. Also, once using the (very cool) Quicklook bezel, it currently pauses whenever unfocused. Not when a different file is selected because you refocused on another Finder window, but refocussing on an app...makes the bezel vanish instead of playing in the background. Too bad.

post-137624-1190913496_thumb.png

http://gwhiz.wordpress.com/2007/04/12/leop...ate-october-07/

Leopard to be released on October 7th 2007???

What do you think?

I'm thinking maybe the guy that wrote that is retarded:

"Leopard Release Date October 07

[EDIT: Leopard seeds are accelerating. We’re now sitting at 9A559 as of last Friday night. This is rumored to be the final image."

But it's not...there have been more convincing rumors that it's not the gold master ranging from text files that still say Tiger instead of Leopard in them to the most convincing fact that Apple's still doing a final test with Software Update and having people download HP drivers.

"Frankly, I’m surprised we’re this far into September with new seeds. They absolutely have to stop the seeds and start cutting DVDs… "

Frankly, I'm surprised the gwhiz guy is saying this and admitting indirectly that he has no clue about the release date. So you can stop reading right here if you want. But please continue reading since the rest is funny too.

"Yes, you’re going to have to have a minimum config of a G4 with a DVD drive and better than 800MHz performance processor."

This guy is out of the loop it seems since he doesn't know the specs now require a 867MHz machine.

"It’s not clear if Dual-Layer DVD is going to be used. It has been “required” with the seed installs if using optical media up to this point. More likely to be a two DVD install set.]"

This is when I realized this guy has a mental handicap or something...dual-layer DVDs have been around for almost a decade. Why would Apple ship the OS on two single-layer DVDs?

I'm that guy and I'm fairly sure I'm not retarded. Yeah, so, OK... I'm fully sure I'm not. Thanks for your concern over my personal mental state... "foofoorabbit" is it? Nice.

I'm typing this on a PowerBook G4. Old. No dual layer DVD on it.

Across the room is my MacBookPro. No dual layer DVD on it (that I know of... maybe I don't know my gear as well as I should). Clearly some of the mid-800MHz G4s Leopard is presumably going to be compatible with won't have Dual Layer.

So, you tell me "foofoorabbit" just how wide spread dual layer is. I'm ready for some education.

<<So, now I understand my DVD drive can READ but not WRITE DVD. I may have been ignorant of THAT... but, retard!? Your pappy whipped you too much kido.>>

Also, did it EVER cross your mind that October 07 might actually infer October 2007? Oh, right...