a little birdie tweets - 9A559

ukp

1,058 posts in this topic

Here are some more screen shots.

My iMac is running a little slow because of the following:

post-56852-1191060951_thumb.png

Haha. I have a lot of video content (I'm studding to be a film editor).

Here's a nice touch:

post-56852-1191061117.png

The drive in that Time Machine is using to back up has a sync symbol that rotates. Just like iDisk syncing. Just to clear up confusion, I named my backup hard drive 'Time Machine' and changed it's icon to an obvious one.

And I love Finder's new Path Bar at the bottom:

post-56852-1191061135_thumb.png

I love all the screenshots Nato and HackerName and felixlaumon. Keep them coming whenever you come across something interesting!

you have to install the dev tools. then, fire up quartz debug.You know, I realized something. From 9A527 on, Dock springing is gone! Why? Oh, Apple, why?!
Are you referring to spring-loaded folders or the application bouncing?

Spring-loaded dock items are still there. Apple just took out the preference to turn them off or on. They're now on by default. Try it out! It's great :P

time machine works pretty nice (as usual) but i just noticed, that it finally works with apple's own applications (well, only couple of them, actually)

don't know, if that's something entirely new though - at least i didn't notice it in earlier builds.

ps:

iphoto is not yet doing something useful (the timeline on the right is greyed out, as if i had no earlier backups) but its window is "travelling in time" at last.

post-133207-1191068849_thumb.jpg

post-133207-1191069143_thumb.jpg

post-133207-1191069171_thumb.jpg

Also, Address Book works like a charm under Time Machine. Haven't tried Mail yet.

front row now displays all kinds of non related files e.g. png, txt, pdfs (thanks to quicklook i guess)

try it out: make an alias of your "documents" folder put it into "movies" :)

note: front row stops playing music once you leave + pauses music playing in itunes when you enter full screen - kinda sucks

post-133207-1191071420_thumb.jpg

My Menbar is not "transparent". It does show the desktop picture but can't show windows that are under it like when you F11 ?

edit: maybe it is because I don't have Core Image capable video card?

Wow, I just saw that, great find! So, its not really transparent, but it just takes the desktop image and blurs the top 22 pixels. This must be a killer when you have desktops set to change every five seconds o.O.

This build still has debug code in them (esp from launchservices and launchd, use verbose mode and see for urself), and whats up with the heavy quarantine stuff going on?? anyone faces the same issues with quarantine when u look at dmesg???

time machine works pretty nice (as usual) but i just noticed, that it finally works with apple's own applications (well, only couple of them, actually)

don't know, if that's something entirely new though - at least i didn't notice it in earlier builds.

ps:

iphoto is not yet doing something useful (the timeline on the right is greyed out, as if i had no earlier backups) but its window is "travelling in time" at last.

Hey, why does Mail have an inconsistent UI for the toolbar buttons? It neither uses the new UI nor Aqua. It bores me. :angel: