Rhapsody DR2

zfire89

545 posts in this topic

If you get it... could you share it with us? I've been making a bit of money helping people with computers recently (Very little though...). I just bought an iPod Video, but I would be willing buy a copy if it was $50 or a bit more. Or, I could help you buy a copy.

I would share it, but theres two problems. First I dont have the money to pay $100 for an OS that might not work on my iBook, it probably will, but still, im in college, money is sacred :), thats why I had my Amazon account deleted, so I wouldnt spend money that doesnt exist >_>.

Second, I have no idea how to share stuff like that, theres so many hosting sites and stuff it makes my head spin, if someone can hook me up with a place that I can upload it to, yeah I'll share it. I CANT do P2P networks though as the University monitors those type of connections and I'll get my connection cut off if they find Im sharing files on P2P.

AriX, if you want to split the cost of the Amazon price, that will be a lot better of an option for me. PM me if your interested and we can discuss this more.

I would share it, but theres two problems. First I dont have the money to pay $100 for an OS that might not work on my iBook, it probably will, but still, im in college, money is sacred :), thats why I had my Amazon account deleted, so I wouldnt spend money that doesnt exist >_>.

Second, I have no idea how to share stuff like that, theres so many hosting sites and stuff it makes my head spin, if someone can hook me up with a place that I can upload it to, yeah I'll share it. I CANT do P2P networks though as the University monitors those type of connections and I'll get my connection cut off if they find Im sharing files on P2P.

AriX, if you want to split the cost of the Amazon price, that will be a lot better of an option for me. PM me if your interested and we can discuss this more.

yousendit.com, man.

Hey AriX. Hehe InsanelyiPodLinux Legend :)

I can try and find server 1.2 for yah. Also, Im having helluva lot of problems with installing Rhapsody in Parallels :) But what ever.

Hey, nice to see ya :D

That would be GREAT if you could find that.

Also, what problems are you having, I could try and help.

lol

I'm talking about a server that I found with a lot of old mac stuff on it.

P.S. You stole my games thing... Find your own trick to make people click it... ;)

P.S.2 I've got waaayyy more than you... They're all from when I used to frequent Aqua-Soft.

Hmm... Im not finding anything but I'll continue to look.

Also, I really want OpenSTEP to install but I don't know the river configurations and I got it once but when it restarted it just said "no boot devices found"

Im just using the 4 boot floppys, but I have a 488 MB file that I have no idea what to do with XD

EDIT: Also, Arix, What do you mean your getting a 2kb file for iPod Firmware. i have successfully gotten the firmware off of both new iPods. Both are 94+95 MB files. Im debating to see if I should flash my iPod's OS partition with this new Firmware. Oh what the hell. Results at 11 :2cents:

EDIT 2: Nope didnt work :P But at least I made a backup of my firmware and am flashing it back now. Too bad cuz I wanted to have that search function. Maybe I should try and write a module for it, I mean, now that I don't need to finish Tuxxer, i need something to write :D But anyways, Im going WAYYY OFF TOPIC haha.

Hmm... Im not finding anything but I'll continue to look.

Also, I really want OpenSTEP to install but I don't know the river configurations and I got it once but when it restarted it just said "no boot devices found"

Im just using the 4 boot floppys, but I have a 488 MB file that I have no idea what to do with XD

EDIT: Also, Arix, What do you mean your getting a 2kb file for iPod Firmware. i have successfully gotten the firmware off of both new iPods. Both are 94+95 MB files. Im debating to see if I should flash my iPod's OS partition with this new Firmware. Oh what the hell. Results at 11 B)

EDIT 2: Nope didnt work :P But at least I made a backup of my firmware and am flashing it back now. Too bad cuz I wanted to have that search function. Maybe I should try and write a module for it, I mean, now that I don't need to finish Tuxxer, i need something to write :) But anyways, Im going WAYYY OFF TOPIC haha.

When did I say I was getting 2kb extracting the firmware? I got a normal size, and inserted the loader and everything, but when I dd'd it back on, it didn't work. For the 5G it didn't work because it has the wrong sector size in the loader and for the 2G nano it didn't work because the firmware is encrypted. The 5G shouldn't be too hard to fix though, because they already cracked iPodWizard and Rockbox for it.

About the OPENSTEP installation, search the beta drivers 1 disk for one that seems like a generic EIDE driver. After you finish all that and reboot, you need to change the disk to boot off of to the Hard Disk. If you are having trouble, ask Rhapsody Guru, or me because you're using Parallels.

P.S. I just remembered, you can't install OPENSTEP into Parallels. When you do, it freezes when it's booting up. You should skip OPENSTEP and try Rhapsody, which is much easier to install anyway.

No, OpenSTEP does install and boot (nt yet for me) Did you remember to turn off VX-t?

PS: I thought I remember you saying that you only extracted 2 kb. Nevermind. But I digress, I still need something to work on, sadly, search won't be one, I can't read ID3 tages thru C.

I just saw a copy of Rhapsody DR2 on oink... not sure if that's what ya'll are looking for, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless. :)

saw it too. i think it is the same x86 version we already have…

An ISO on a music hosting site?

Lol, yes, they have oss and stuff too, just very little (as it is supposed to be a music site...) and also apps :-p and it would be the x86 version i have allready distributed to everyone who was interested :D :D Thanks for the hint though Mash as this is a community effort to collect all these things and test them/use them :D

Oink invites are very hard to come by, Bwhsh8r is about to give me one, I'll give you one once I have enough Uploads. Also, .76 isn't very good at all. A good ratio is like 2.0. .76 means you downloaded more than you uploaded, which the torrent community sometimes considers greedy.

Yes, but on firewalled internet, thats not that bad haha. I usually seed my videos/music 2.0+ but turns out, external files don't add to your upload numbers. I seeded Lost S03E01 7.84 until I realized it wasn't doing anything haha.

Happy Gilmore is at 9.632 and counting :D

oic, that stinks that you lost all that external stuff

anyway, I had firewalled internet too, because I had a cable modem going into a router which connected to 2 PCs and a Mac, and one of the PC's had two network cards and one of the network cards connected to the router, the other one connected to an airport express which my main computer, a MacBook was wirelessly connected to. I made this setup a few months ago, but last week I figured out how to bridge and forward them all, so now I can download without a firewall! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Back on topic: I got Mac OS X Server! It's mislabeled Mac OS X Server 1.1, so I assume it's either Rhapsody 5.4 or 5.5. Fire up your PearPC or PowerPC, I'll upload it soon! I may also get Mac OS X Server 1.2, aka the much searched for Rhapsody 5.6.

OS Version_______OS Name_________OS Code Name___Processors

___0.8___________NeXTstep 0.8 _________________________ Motorola

___1.0___________NeXTstep 1.0 _________________________ Motorola

___2.0___________NeXTSTEP 2.0 _________________________Motorola

___2.1___________NeXTSTEP 2.1 _________________________Motorola

___2.2___________NeXTSTEP 2.2 _________________________Motorola

___3.0___________NEXTSTEP 3.0 _________________________Motorola

___3.1___________NEXTSTEP 3.1 ______________________Motorola & Intel

___3.2___________NEXTSTEP 3.2 _________________Motorola/Intel/SPARC/PA-RISC

___3.3___________NEXTSTEP 3.3 _________________Motorola/Intel/SPARC/PA-RISC

___4.0________OPENSTEP for Mach 4.0 _________________Motorola & Intel

___4.1________OPENSTEP for Mach 4.1 _________________Motorola & Intel

___4.2________OPENSTEP for Mach 4.2 _________________Motorola & Intel

___5.0______Rhapsody Developer Release _________________PPC & Intel

___5.1_____Rhapsody Developer Release 2____Titan1U ______PPC & Intel

___5.2___________Rhapsody 1.0 ________________________PPC & Intel

___5.3________Mac OS X Server 1.0 ________Hera1O9_________ PPC

___5.4_______Mac OS X Server 1.0.1________Hera1O9_________ PPC

___5.5_______Mac OS X Server 1.0.2____Hera1O9+Loki2G1______PPC

___5.6________Mac OS X Server 1.2________Pele1Q10 _________PPC

Thats awesome AriX I cant wait to see if it will boot on my iBook :thumbsup_anim:.