Rhapsody DR2

zfire89

545 posts in this topic

Back on topic: I got Mac OS X Server! It's mislabeled Mac OS X Server 1.1, so I assume it's either Rhapsody 5.4 or 5.5. Fire up your PearPC or PowerPC, I'll upload it soon! I may also get Mac OS X Server 1.2, aka the much searched for Rhapsody 5.6.

I had a chance to get Rhapsody 5.6 a couple years ago and passed on it (smacks forehead). Very much looking forward to trying this version out.

Anyone who wants a mostlikely mislabeled server 1.1, pm me

i'll get it to in about 2 days

Cool man, Is a different one than before-->the one that turned out to be developer tools or something :-/.

Theres Mac OS X Server 1.2 on eBay for $100, Im considering, but Im not sure if I really need it or not. I would love to setup a NetBoot Server, but hmm. :-/

Theres Mac OS X Server 1.2 on eBay for $100, Im considering, but Im not sure if I really need it or not. I would love to setup a NetBoot Server, but hmm. :-/

NetBoot Server would be awsome...

I kinda want to buy it...

Does it have DHCP though?

According to the Rhapsodyos.org site, it doesnt include DHCP, but theres a package for it. I remember seeing it somewhere, but I'll have to find it eventually. I think I'll bid on it, cant hurt to have some fun with it.

Edit: Bidded on it for $100, auction ends tonight. Hoping I win it >_>.

if you win will you upload it?

Update: Won and paid for. Im now the proud LEGAL owner of a copy of Mac OS X Server 1.2 :D

Linkies

I may upload it if someone would be willing to host it for me and give instructions on what to do. I did pay $100 for it so Im not sure yet as I may ask for a few small donations to cover the cost of buying it :pirate2: .

• 2 weeks later...
yup, this one is the real one! now it's uploaded, pm me if you want it

ppc only, no sheepshaver or pearpc

good, so that person did pm you about that :) (I thought you could do something with it :hysterical: ) has anyone tried ether yet?

Update: After 3 weeks of nothing, I finally got a response from the seller. apparently there it was returned to him with insufficent postage so he said I could get a refund or he would send it out tomorrow. I still wanted it, so hopefully I'll get it by monday :).

As for uploading, the earliest I would be able to is mid December, if anyone still wants it. Arix, I'll PM you again when I have it so we can talk hosting :) .

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news guys, got a PayPal email this morning saying the guy refunded the full price of the software, looks like I wont be getting it. Sorry all :pirate2: