Rhapsody DR2

zfire89

545 posts in this topic

My Pentium 2 machine has an OS! :-) took 6 hours, 3 CD drives and 2 installs but I think I have it....

OK cool it boots and it runs and I quite like the look of it, the feel is very similiar to OS X and I'm looking forward to educating myself. But its in black and white :-( The card is an onboard Intel from 1998, but the generic VGA or SVGA drivers are only letting me use black and white, which obviously doesn't look all that great.

Any ideas? Apologies if this is documented elsewhere, I searched RacerXs page but couldn't find anything. Maybe I missed something, its half 3 in the morning and my eyes are blurry (I'm quite determined...)

Edited by Embio

:( I will and I have, I've placed it up on Demonoid and it has been seeded to alot of people. I'm not going to post a link to it but I'm going to make you look up My Account and then My Torrents XD

Er... How do you do that?

Pleased to report the S3 Diamondback did the trick! The Apple logo is now in glorious technicolour. I think im a fully paid up Rhapsody convert, I just installed it on a laptop I got today.

I'm a little confused though, I cant get it to respond to pings over my network, and I dont know the command to send one, assuming there is a command. not important.

Edited by Embio

• 2 months later...

Sorry for being a pest, but if anyone has suggestions where to look for DR2 now that Panda200X's distro doesn't seem to be on demon, I'd be really grateful. My CD (burned from an original in 1998) is now long past being readable. So much for CDs as long-term storage :-( Happy Rhapsodying!

Sorry for being a pest, but if anyone has suggestions where to look for DR2 now that Panda200X's distro doesn't seem to be on demon, I'd be really grateful. My CD (burned from an original in 1998) is now long past being readable. So much for CDs as long-term storage :-( Happy Rhapsodying!

Mine disappeared after the UDP trackers went down. But there is another one, which has a spelling mistake on it

Search for

Rhapsody Developer Realease

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Ive read trough this thread and now I really want to try this Rhapsody DR2 OS out!

So is there any link still available to the iso files of the Rhapsody disk(s) ?

I'll see if it runs on my macbook !

Thanks in advance.