Rhapsody DR2

zfire89

545 posts in this topic

I got your PM and sent one back :D, I wonder (cant remember what i needed to say, having some drinks with friends, {censored} I lost one of them). damn I need a life, spending too much time dealing with classic operating systems >_> , need to get out and enjoy the fresh air, wait its Pittsburgh that means the airs better indoors lol.

Edit: i fixed my laptops drive problem, i reflashed it with the wrong firmware, i used Sony +-RW DW56A, instead of Sony +RW DW 56A, notice the - made all the difference, f***ing Sony :thumbsdown_anim: , i honestly hate them for many reasons. why cant companies be open about what their doing. Im going into business management and planning to start my own company and no way in hell im gonna be an {censored} and close everything off from the world. I love and live for feedback on what I do. Sorry :D, im sort of drunk, cant help but rant.

Like Jack said, I help people a lot online too. You should go to iPodLinux.org. I have 1xxx posts and I help people with Installation and Application Installation a ton. I am currently writing the iPod Application Manager 2 (1.5 is availible at http://ipodlinux.org/iPod_Application_Manager ) and I'm also trying to help out witht he development of iPodLinux for 5.5G and 2G nanos, although I haven't done much yet.

I thought I recognized your name from somewhere! I don't even remember what my name was on the iPodLinux forums, but you probably helped me at some point (or something). iPL is great.

Like Jack said, I help people a lot online too. You should go to iPodLinux.org. I have 1xxx posts and I help people with Installation and Application Installation a ton. I am currently writing the iPod Application Manager 2 (1.5 is availible at http://ipodlinux.org/iPod_Application_Manager ) and I'm also trying to help out witht he development of iPodLinux for 5.5G and 2G nanos, although I haven't done much yet.

wow, an ipodlinux developer, great! :thumbsdown_anim:

Well this has been a great ride. I came close to running Rhapsody on real Mac hardware. Maybe one day I'll get the chance, and maybe I will discover it's useful for my needs or not. Either way, it'll be a great learning experience, and I thank RacerX and everyone else here (but especially RAcerX's awesome site) for all the information.

Europe in 3 days!!!! :D With my trusty macbook... :D

Take care guys, I'll pop by occasionally :)

Wait... Why couldn't you run Rhapsody? Hardware limitations, or you didn't have the software?

both it seems. i'm still convinced that if we can find the right file to boot we can boot it also on newer macs (not so new, just a bit newer…), but i haven't had the time yet to determine wich file is and, anyway, i don't know if it will boot to the end, only that it should at least start to boot…

Hard to say... you should try searching for an old Pentium II laptop... or you can always use it in emulation.

You can do what follows:

Buy (if you don't have already one) a laptop (with Windows), install Bochs in it and use it for Rhapsody.

The next step ( :( ) will be setting Bochs to autostart with Windows (in full screen mode), so you'll have the feeling that what you're using is Rhapsody...

This way, you can set a bridged connection between Bochs and Windows, which can be everything... a simple LAN connection, a Wireless connection or even a Firewire connection.

The only problem is that I don't remember if Rhapsody recognizes Bochs' virtual Ethernet Interface... if it does, then you're all set! :)

Wow! That will be a real pain in the buttocks! Bochs will run EXTREMELY slow on a Pentium II. Why not install it natively? Another thing, as of bochs 2.3, fullscreen display in bochs is NOT supported in any OS other than AmigaOS. Just to give you the heads up there.

you misunderstood Guru.... :idea:

I said:

"you should try searching for an old Pentium II laptop... -->OR<-- you can always use IT (Rhapsody) in emulation."

Choices:

1 - Pentium II laptop

2 - modern laptop with bochs

Is it clearer now? :)

I'm not that crazy :D

Hard to say... you should try searching for an old Pentium II laptop... or you can always use it in emulation.

You can do what follows:

Buy (if you don't have already one) a laptop (with Windows), install Bochs in it and use it for Rhapsody.

The next step ( :D ) will be setting Bochs to autostart with Windows (in full screen mode), so you'll have the feeling that what you're using is Rhapsody...

This way, you can set a bridged connection between Bochs and Windows, which can be everything... a simple LAN connection, a Wireless connection or even a Firewire connection.

The only problem is that I don't remember if Rhapsody recognizes Bochs' virtual Ethernet Interface... if it does, then you're all set! :D

I have a Olivetti PII Laptop, but incompatible vga, sound etc.... :angel:

Which is the best PII Laptop?

You asked me what old Pentium II laptop will work....

who knows!

the only thing you can do is this:

When you're installing Rhapsody, it asks you what kind of IDE/SCSI driver you want to load... then when it boots, it asks you for Audio/Lan/Video driver...

jot down the name of the devices listed, and search eBay, Amazon, ecc... for a laptop with those supported devices.

That's all I can do for you, hope it helps :(

I'll do the RacerX thing here and say.. did you consult his website? He's got a list of all intel hardware supported by rhapsody. He speaks extensively about his Rhapsody laptop that is 100% supproted because it was the exact same model Steve Jobs was using at Apple and the engineers made sure his laptop would work perfectly.

:)

This topic sort of seems to be dying off, we need to revive it :D.

Anyone having luck finding a copy of Rhapsody PPC that works as in its real and complete, not corrupted or any of those dastardly problems :D ?

Edit : 50th post, and now a donator. hope that $15 goes to good use :)

This topic sort of seems to be dying off, we need to revive it :bag:.

Anyone having luck finding a copy of Rhapsody PPC that works as in its real and complete, not corrupted or any of those dastardly problems :thumbsdown_anim: ?

Edit : 50th post, and now a donator. hope that $15 goes to good use :angry:

AriX has the DR2, pm him to get a copy…

AriX has the DR2, pm him to get a copy…

I already PMed him and I just realized it was DR2, instead of DR1, but I thought someone said it wasnt working right, thats why i was asking :thumbsdown_anim:.

I already PMed him and I just realized it was DR2, instead of DR1, but I thought someone said it wasnt working right, thats why i was asking :angel:.

i think that it is working, you only need a compatible mac.

I can't veiw this topic, but I see my name in it... Something's wrong... I get an error message: Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

Can someone like Email me this page? I'm going to try to talk to some admins about this.

I already PMed him and I just realized it was DR2, instead of DR1, but I thought someone said it wasnt working right, thats why i was asking :angel:.

Actually, I got a new one that DOES work, but only on real mac hardware, no emulators. I have DR1 PPC too though.

Also, whatever was happening I fixed... The board got locked into outline view for me by clicking a google link... hmm.....

Actually, I got a new one that DOES work, but only on real mac hardware, no emulators. I have DR1 PPC too though.

Thats awesome man, but no I dont even need Rhapsody as Ive got nothing slow enough to run it, still searching for Mac OS X Server 1.2 so my iBook can take off :(. ~grumbles at the Amazon $100 price tag.~

Thats awesome man, but no I dont even need Rhapsody as Ive got nothing slow enough to run it, still searching for Mac OS X Server 1.2 so my iBook can take off :P. ~grumbles at the Amazon $100 price tag.~

If you get it... could you share it with us? I've been making a bit of money helping people with computers recently (Very little though...). I just bought an iPod Video, but I would be willing buy a copy if it was $50 or a bit more. Or, I could help you buy a copy.