Rhapsody DR2

zfire89

545 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm looking for some help. I have been trying to install Rhapsody DR2 in the Q emulator on a mac. It takes me all the way up to the config screen, but the mouse won't move so I can configure it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Supersean579

post-100481-1189571438_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

lol everyones been taken care of =]

glad to see all this interest in rhapsody still!!

i would have never guessed when i found it that it would be that popular at all.

EDIT: 2,000 POST!!! W00T

and its fitting that its in the thread that earned me my guru badge =D (debatabley)

• 1 month later...

Success - Rhapsody x86 DR2 installed & running on Dell Dimension XPS R450 !

450 PII w/ 256M ram, ATI Rage Pro Turbo 8M AGP, random DVD drive, random tiny PATA HD, random floppy drive.

(Thanks again to bwhsh8r for spiritual guidance !)

caveats:

(1) Rhapsody x86 DR2 DID NOT like 256M -> boots & panics consistently. Removed 128M led to successsful booting and much happiness.

(2) Old graphics card ain't old enough I guess -> boots 640 x 480 Black and White. Can't trick/config it to see ATI Rage Pro properly, guess I'll sniff around work for an older graphics card.

(3) Unsure, but pretty confident both Sound and Network chipsets are unsupported.

(4) From MANY repeated install attempts - (a) KNOW YOUR MOBO CHIPSETS ! (B) INSTALL CORRECT DRIVERS FOR BOTH CD/DVD -AND- HD !

Other than that - WOw ! Pretty keen seeing NeXTSTEP/OPENSTEP + OS 8/9 "together"

Kinda reminds me of the long hopeful journey we've all been on since 1998-1999 and all the supercool stuff yet to be -

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all! I'm interested in running Rhapsody DR2 and was wondering if some kind person could point me in the direction of its iso??

Many thanks

---------------------

Macbook 1.83 C2D

Powerbook 12" G4

Powerbook 145B 8MHZ!!

iMac "Bondi Blue"

--------------------

Success - Rhapsody x86 DR2 installed & running on Dell Dimension XPS R450 !

450 PII w/ 256M ram, ATI Rage Pro Turbo 8M AGP, random DVD drive, random tiny PATA HD, random floppy drive.

great to see you got it working!!!!!!!!

;)

also glad you like it, what all do you use it for (or is there anything useful to do with it?)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has anyone one tried or has Apple Rhapsody DR2.

Tried it a couple of times about a year and a half ago. Would like to, except the discs I have are scratched beyond repair. I got it to run in qemu on my Linux box--though be warned, it doesn't work all the time nor is it stable to continually play around with.

If anyone has the Rhapsody DR2 or the OS X Server 1.0 discs--could you please PM me?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I would really love to get Rhapsody running in virtualbox (there are patches for osx, so running rhapsody shoud be possible, too). It would be really great if one of the heroes could send me a pm and save me B)

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day everyone!

• 1 month later...

I know that I'm pretty late, but some months ago I tested Rhapsody DR2 x86

on an old Compaq with a Celeron 400 processor and 128MB and Rhapsody ran well.

I had a spare video card that was fully supported (Cirrus Logic GD5436), but

unluckily neither the network card nor the sound card that I have in it were supported.

The applications available for it are very few, you can get Nextstep and OpenStep applications

running but it's difficult as they will often complain about missing libraries or libraries

in different places than where they are in Rhapsody.

The only filesystem supported are UFS and ISO9660, and that gave me problems,

as I tried to transfer files via tar archives written raw on floppies, but it didn't let me do that,

I wrote on the floppy device using dd and then the floppy driver crashed and I couldn't use

the floppy at all if I didn't reboot.

I managed to compile some applications directly on Rhapsody, with its old GCC 2.7.

You can find them here.

It's mtools (useful for transferring files through FAT formatted floppies) and unace

(unarchiver for old ACE 1.x files, compiled mostly for its sake to see if it compiled).