Rhapsody DR2

zfire89

545 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
I dug out my copy. Here's the details. Can you compare them to yours and we'll see if it's a different copy?

Rhapsody DR2 PPC.toast

678,756,352 bytes

md5: 141032fed47bfb961fbf3da685ae0352

i will, as soon i'm back at home, in september. :)

i will, as soon i'm back at home, in september. :D

Sweet, hopefully you have a good copy. I just got another one but it too is a bad dump (same size, different md5). When I try booting off the CD it craps out before loading the desktop with this error:

"Sorry, the desktop folder on the startup disk could not be created. Try unlocking the disk."

The md5 of this other copy is 2d0c2da7d1543a538a5e40ee13f71256. So it seems there's more than one bad dump in circulation :D

Sweet, hopefully you have a good copy. I just got another one but it too is a bad dump (same size, different md5). When I try booting off the CD it craps out before loading the desktop with this error:

"Sorry, the desktop folder on the startup disk could not be created. Try unlocking the disk."

The md5 of this other copy is 2d0c2da7d1543a538a5e40ee13f71256. So it seems there's more than one bad dump in circulation ;)

Would somebody mind PMing me the boot floppies? Thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

sorry that it toke so long: i have everything about old platforms on external hds and haven't had time since today to check it out.

so, i don't have rhapsody dr2 for ppc, but i have a version of mac os x server 1.2 (wich could be considered the "stable" version of rhapsody) that should work (the cd booted the mac os classic installation enviroment and the rhapsody partition was present, but could not install the bootloader, since the machin was too new).

the md5 is

35576f516c14db05f91a0f20d974c90a

Hi everyone!

So I have to ask: Has the PowerPC Rhapsody DR2 CD been copied yet (into a disk image) and made available somehow (Rapidshare / torrent / something) ??? There were several attempts, but not sure it was ever accomplished.

I hope you guys are still lingering out there :(

Thank you.

armus2112

Bad news... the brokenstones version of Rhapsody DR2 PPC .image has checksum 2d0c2da7d1543a538a5e40ee13f71256 and shows this error when booting from cd

It seems noone has ever successfully ripped a Rhapsody DR2 PPC install cd.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if there any similarities between the Cirrus Logic 5000 series and the CL 7000 series? I have an old Compaq LTE 5250(120Mhz pentium 1, 32Mb ram, 3GB HDD) that i've been trying to get working with Rhapsody, but I can't get any colour out of the Cirrus Logic GD7543 graphics adapter.