Rhapsody DR2

zfire89

545 posts in this topic

I have a real copy of Rhapsody dr2 here is a link but i am not the one who is hosting it

it includes drivers for vmware and iso files so you can burn them or use them to emulate it in vmware

note that this is the x86 so dont try it on a mac i dont know where a ppc copy is i might find one somewhere.

Ive tested it and it should install if you want a vmware image email me for a link also not hosted by me!

Ive included 3 apps for Rhapsody they include

fiend-a next step dock for rhapsody

doom-do i need to explain this?

tiny installer-a better installer for rhapsody really importent so you dont have to the terminal

Here is a site for more apps too http://www.rhapsodyos.org/

Thats about it if you can find omni web for rhapsody or open up i will thank you greatly

Fiend_2.0b2_PI_bs.tar.gz.tar

RhapsoDoom_0.4_PI.b.tar.gz.tar

tinyinstaller.m.i.bs.tar.gz.tar

• 3 months later...

The vmware driver link is not working. Does anyone have a good link to download vmware drivers for rhapsody?

It doesn´t run well under vmware. The mouse jumps randomly. It worked better when I instelled it on real hardware. VirtualBOX allows it to install but doesn´t boot afterwards. VirtualPC doesn´t even run the installer, just boots up to ´Mach OS´ screen and hangs there. I guess this OS should run on some real hardware in stead of a virutal hardware solution,

anyways, Omniweb is still downloadable, it´s just the archive is not accesable over ftp anymore but over http

There the OmniWeb Download goes:

http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/software/.../MacOSX-Server/

edit:typoes

• 2 months later...

Hey guys. Sorry for bumping up an old post. I was looking for Rhapsody and I found this page via google. I saw earlier on in this topic that somebody had a copy of Copland. I had no idea that apple even got to a point where a usable version of Copland was released (or leaked?)

I was wondering if somebody could send me a copy of Copland and Rhapsody (X86), or link me to where they're downloadable from. I'm also trying to find a copy of OS X Server 1.2 so I can put my old G4 to good use.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Sorry for the bump. I would like a copy of Rhapsody DR 1 or 2, if anyone here is left. I have a copy of Openstep 4.2 user and developer with boot floppies and would gladly share, I'v got an old server to host all of this on. As we all know, Openstep 4.2 was the last release of NeXT before Apple bought it. PM me :)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sorry but your upload does not work at all for me what am i going to do with .fs floppy images their is no way for me to convert them what do i do? it was allot easyeir when it was on a pre installed vmware disk

I don't remember what was exactly in that package (I used it years ago and now i'm not really interested in testing it again. The file is stored somewhere on an hd), anyway i remember clearly that i successfully installed it under virtual pc (or was it guest pc?).

In VMWare, just use the floppy files as floppy images to boot from. Change to the device drivers image when asked, read the screen and select appropriate drivers for you virtual hardware. It works.

• 8 months later...
066c1d237316.png

Who Want some?? :P

Oh yes, please! I'm interested in the copland and the Rhapsody dr2's and bluebox that you have. I used to have them but I lost them when the drive they were stored on died :P

I have NeXTSTEP 3.3 (intel), OS X DP1 through 4, OS X Server 1.2, OS X Server 1.2 developer cd and Yellowbox for windowx DR1 and DR2 if anybody's interested

Oh yes, please! I'm interested in the copland and the Rhapsody dr2's and bluebox that you have. I used to have them but I lost them when the drive they were stored on died :P

I have NeXTSTEP 3.3 (intel), OS X DP1 through 4, OS X Server 1.2, OS X Server 1.2 developer cd and Yellowbox for windowx DR1 and DR2 if anybody's interested

I interested, please post link to download.

Thanks in advance!

Check out this link, has "TONS" of old Apple and MS stuff

Enjoy!!

http://wdl3.winworldpc.com/downloads/

Thank you!!! this server is awesome!! It has so much stuff that I hve been after for a long time now

I interested, please post link to download.

Thanks in advance!

I recommend the link that STLVNUB posted, everything I have is available there to download.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...