Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

792 posts in this topic

hey i've been in the osx86 scene for a while and as i must say i am no genius with this stuff. but i know enough to select most of the right optins... (i think)

So i've installed this disk 4 times and you know i select all of thenecessary options like intel sse 2 but the thing i dont get is the kernel thing in the list for patches i think. there's three kernels.... so the first install, i only select 1 kernel which was the latest one it said like may 2nd. so the install goes fine and i'm very excited with micrsoft office 2004 and what not. so it finally finishes with no errors. Now I restart the pc select osx 86 from my acronis boot loader and it says like booting osx86 in 5....4....3....2....1...

so then it doesent boot i shows a menu that says (I typed them in the wrong order) "for more boot options type ? and press enter or type -v and press enter.... to start mac normally just press enter". soo i do what it says t start mac normally press enter. then the screen flickered and the menu just came back and said the same thing........

so i held the enter button down and i was able to read that it said error loading mach_kenel..then i was like mabye i sould try to install the kernels... It had the same error that same error.

If anyone knows how to fix this pleases tell me or if not i would appreciate it if you told me what options i should select.

Sorry I know i type my senteces with terrible grammar.

Thanks a Bunch

My Specs

Intel sse 2 1.8 GHz p4

Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT

3 com internet adapter

hdd western digital 160 GB

I think that's all the necessary specs

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could offer up some advice on what I should choose for options for installing. I've been playing with it quite a bit myself. I get it installed fine, but when it reboots and tries to boot, I get the grey screen for a bit, then I get the "You need to reboot" screen. My computer components are listed below. Thanks for any help.

I still haven't seen a definitive answer about having ICH8 support on boot in all of these pages (and yes I just read every post on every page)

I have an Dell XPS410 which does not seem to work with anyones images and I've tried just about every suggestion posted in every thread for non-working machines.

Any help maybe?

I'll answer my own question here.

There is no ICH8 support on boot with this image either.

Seems those of us with XPS410's are screwed *sighs*

Thank you so much for this. I'll be installing this once i finish downloading it. Out of curiousity, did anyone have success with installing and running this with these following specs?

AMD Athlon X2 3800+

Gigabyte GA-M55PLUS-S3G

1GB OCZ DDR2 ram

160gb Seagate Sata hdd

XFX GeForce 6800XT

SoundBlaster Audigy 4 sound card

Thank you so much for this. I'll be installing this once i finish downloading it. Out of curiousity, did anyone have success with installing and running this with these following specs?

AMD Athlon X2 3800+

Gigabyte GA-M55PLUS-S3G

1GB OCZ DDR2 ram

160gb Seagate Sata hdd

XFX GeForce 6800XT

SoundBlaster Audigy 4 sound card

The specs look ok. Its your hd that you should be worried about though. osx86 tends to not like certain sata hds.

The specs look ok. Its your hd that you should be worried about though. osx86 tends to not like certain sata hds.

No, it's your motherboard's ATA chipset. OSX86 tends not to like any non-Intel (read NVIDIA) chipsets later than the nForce4 (CK804). If you have nForce4, use my patch. Otherwise, get an ATA drive.

[uPDATE] Ah, i see you have an nForce 430. Get an ATA drive.

Hakushi, I have a similar motherboard. It's an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ on an Abit KN9 Ultra (same chipset). It installed succesfully with the following options:

AMD 10.4.9

AMD SSE3 kernel

AppleACPIPlatform from 10.4.8

nForce SATA

Azalia Audio

Everytime i tried installing the drivers for my graphics card (Radeon X1600), however, OS X would not boot. Well, the grey Apple logo would show, but right where OS X should show the dekstop, the screen goes blank. The hard drive continues to rattle, though, meaning it's still booting, but somehow it's unable to correctly load the graphics driver.

SATA HDD is recognized and audio works. LAN doesn't.

edit: some websites show false info about your motherboard, apparently. Not the same chipset, it seems. My apologies.

Oh wow, thanks a lot for these replies =D. I'm getting nervous about installing this now, it seems so complicated. I actually have 3 sata hdd on this computer, is there anything i should do first? tokyovigilante suggested ata drive, would IDE work fine for the os hdd and then i can use the other 2 sata hdd for file storage?

EDIT: Sry, i don't know terms very well, IDE=ATA haha. Is there a patch that i can install so that SATA hdd's will be recognized (My nForce is confirmed to be nForce 430)? Also, will it be safer to dual boot with xp and osx? I saw a video teaching you how to dual boot it with Jas 10.4.7/10.4.8. But since this is Uphuck's 10.4.9, will it work the same way?

uphuck:

Re: 1.4i is not out yet, I'll let everyone know by irc, forums and by my web site when i released it.

Your sig. shows your'e still using 10.4.9. No working 10.4.10 update version yet?

richtig 10.4.9 is very stable right now and also the kernel sources of 8.10.1 is not released by apple yet, so 10.4.10 needs time to be stable and also for speedstep and sse2 emulation. After that I'll make the dvd.

by the way, most via eth. should work with the via rhine driver, search for it..

Hi!! I'm new to this and I just downloaded the uphuck 10.4.9 v 1.3 but my hard drives are sata, so I cannot install it. Is there a way to install this? or patch the AppleNForceATA.kext to the iso so when I boot the installation it could detect my sata drivers??

Please Help Me!!!!

richtig 10.4.9 is very stable right now and also the kernel sources of 8.10.1 is not released by apple yet, so 10.4.10 needs time to be stable and also for speedstep and sse2 emulation. After that I'll make the dvd.

by the way, most via eth. should work with the via rhine driver, search for it..

Yes, I'm aware of the "fix" for enabling VIA Rhine ethernet, and also for enabling stereo on ALC655.

Any chance of including those 2 updates on the install DVD?

Another desirable driver update would be: enabling of QE and extra screen resolutions [1280 x 1024] on a ATI X1600 AGP video card.

Hi!! I'm new to this and I just downloaded the uphuck 10.4.9 v 1.3 but my hard drives are sata, so I cannot install it. Is there a way to install this? or patch the AppleNForceATA.kext to the iso so when I boot the installation it could detect my sata drivers??

Please Help Me!!!!

I posted a thread with a similar question to this one and I'd like some help and the answer as well please.

I posted a thread with a similar question to this one and I'd like some help and the answer as well please.

I posted the answer and a patch in this very thread. Also, the link is in my signature. You would do better to read the whole thread before asking the same questions over and over. Also, there is no MCP51 support anywhere, only CK804 (original nForce4). No nForce410/430, no AM2 motherboard. If you want these, write the driver or get a real Mac.

Sorry to be blunt, but the above answers are not hard to find, and the more time spent answering the same things over and over is less time spent writing new drivers, and living the rest of our lives. Remember, this is a free community, no one is getting paid for this, and it represents hours of work for those involved.

@Azurael - Heh heh, magical device support fairies...

I posted the answer and a patch in this very thread. Also, the link is in my signature. You would do better to read the whole thread before asking the same questions over and over. Also, there is no MCP51 support anywhere, only CK804 (original nForce4). No nForce410/430, no AM2 motherboard. If you want these, write the driver or get a real Mac.

Sorry to be blunt, but the above answers are not hard to find, and the more time spent answering the same things over and over is less time spent writing new drivers, and living the rest of our lives. Remember, this is a free community, no one is getting paid for this, and it represents hours of work for those involved.

@Azurael - Heh heh, magical device support fairies...

Well I was referring to this thread. And if it cant be done, couldnt i just copy the iso to an emulated image and use your method to edit the iso there, then copy it back to my windows partition and burn it, then finallly installing osx86 natively? Id rather know if this is possible first b4 i try it as ive heard that vmware is slow so usb copying would take ages.